So...I bought a 1700X for $15...

MeDownYou

Yes, you read that right. Inb4scammed. Bought it off E-bay nabbed the last one (of 5) newly listed there. 

But hey what's the worst that can happen?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

guy probably lied and its actually a sempron from 2005.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

its a 1700+ cpu with overclocking enabled 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, terrytek said:

Myself, and the 5 other people that bought these would open a case and get our money back though right?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Just now, themctipers said:

hence lied. he said

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Just now, MeDownYou said:

Myself, and the 5 other people that bought these would open a case and get our money back though right?

yes

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

maybe the guy claims it was a 1700x, but was trying to make a quick buck and instead sells him a sempron or something.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

should be able to. ebay should have a money back guaranteed if you didn't received what you should have.

I never know why people do this, no one is going to sell a newly released $270 CPU for $15.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, terrytek said:

should be able to. ebay should have a money back guaranteed if you didn't received what you should have.

Yep that's what i figure, That or since it was only listed a few minutes before being completely sold out it may have been a pricing error.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

I never know why people do this, no one is going to sell a newly released $270 CPU for $15.

Unless they basically stole it and have no clue or something yes.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

1 minute ago, MeDownYou said:

Unless they basically stole it and have no clue or something yes.

If they stole it they knew it was worth stealing and would sell for more than $15, was there any pictures of the CPU? From the pictures I've seen it clearly states RYZEN on the CPU lid so should be easy to identify - of course, they could of used review pictures

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I cant wait for when he opens the box, sees a Pentium 4 and shouts "FUCK NO NOT AGAIN INTEL RUINED MY LIFE AGAIN" *THROWS INTO WOODCHIPPER*

8 minutes ago, Aaron Duce said:

I cant wait for when he opens the box, sees a Pentium 4 and shouts "FUCK NO NOT AGAIN INTEL RUINED MY LIFE AGAIN" *THROWS INTO WOODCHIPPER*

/r/ayymd is leaking

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

/r/ayymd is leaking

i see i see *DEPLOYS NUCLEAR CODES*

2 hours ago, Aaron Duce said:

A P4 would tilt me, but only about 1 degree so i would just be submit a ticket

The Vinyl Decal guy.

$15? Must be a ryzen case badge sticker. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

It's obviously an AMD athlon xp 1700.

That or a drawing/case badge.

Can we have a link to the ebay page for it? See the fine prints that says "not actually the CPU" ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

It's obviously an AMD athlon xp 1700.

That or a drawing/case badge.

Can we have a link to the ebay page for it? See the fine prints that says "not actually the CPU" ?

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

$15? Must be a ryzen case badge sticker. 

• AMD-RYZEN-7-1700X-8-Core-3-4-GHz-3-8-GHz-Turbo-YD170XBCAEWOF-Desktop-Processor
  • AMD-RYZEN-7-1700X-8-Core-3-4-GHz-3-8-GHz-Turbo-YD170XBCAEWOF-Desktop-Processor
Share this item

AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz Turbo) YD170XBCAEWOF Desktop Processor

Item condition:
New

Ended:
Mar 21, 2017 , 3:13PM

Quantity:
0 available / 5 sold

Price:
US $14.99

Already paid? Go to your eBay Bucks - Activity View to see your eBay Bucks.
Spoiler

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand:

AMD

Socket Type: Socket AM4 Processor Type: Desktop
L2 Cache: 4MB MPN:

L3 Cache: 16MB Number of Cores: 8
UPC:

AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 95W YD170XBCAEWOF De

IMPORTANT : Limit 5 per customer! Orders that exceed listed availability will automatically be voided without notice.
  • 19-113-429-S01.jpg
  • 19-113-429-S02.jpg
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Learn more about the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Model
Brand
AMD
Processors Type
Desktop
Series
Ryzen 7
Name
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Model
YD170XBCAEWOF
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type
Socket AM4
Details
Core Name
Summit Ridge
# of Cores
8-Core
# of Threads
Operating Frequency
3.4 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency
3.8 GHz
L2 Cache
4MB
L3 Cache
16MB
Thermal Design Power
95W
Shipping
Enjoy fast and reliable shipping when you buy your products from Newegg. Our ordering and shipping services are among the best in the industry due to short processing times and a variety of shipping methods. Your orders are packaged at one of the many local warehouses across the country, minimizing delivery times and ensuring you get your purchases as soon as possible.
Payments
Newegg has partnered with PayPal to offer you the very best in payment services. PayPal allows you to buy with confidence, knowing your payments are processed quickly and securely with state-of-the-art encryption technology.
Returns
Newegg understands that not every purchase is a good fit for every customer. That’s why we make the return process as simple as possible using the eBay interface. Combining the best of both worlds, you will receive the award-winning Newegg customer service that millions of consumers know and enjoy while using a familiar and convenient interface.

Spoiler contains the rest of the page is copied from a Newegg post.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

15 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Two main possibilities

1. Scam
  2. Legit seller but they accidentally entered the wrong price before taking it down. Look carefully for a relisting by the seller. 

From what I know, if you buy a product from a seller which is listed at a wrong price, they might actually give it to you xD It would be a huge loss for them though.....

The post was only up for 5 minutes max before selling out, so possibly they haven't relisted anything.

If it does pan out I'll have a 1700x in my Celestial Uprising build linked in my sig instead of a 1700.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

inb4 Athlon XP 1700+

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

inb4 Athlon XP 1700+

I already posted the listing I don't think the product code for an athlon xp 1700+ is YD170XBCAEWOF 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

46 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

I already posted the listing I don't think the product code for an athlon xp 1700+ is YD170XBCAEWOF 

You know the user can fill all that info in? eBay does it automatically but it can be edited. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If it's this one then good luck with that as the seller has 0 feedback as a buyer or a seller xD

Capture.PNG.c40eb1e84009906626b8983c88c79cf8.PNG

inb4 his paypal has multiple hundreds of dollar charges on it.