What medical stuff should I carry in my bag?

Laggger164

I am a high school student, I have some room in my bag that I want to fill with something. I don't have a medikit, no vaseline, no nothin other than napkins.

What do you guys think I should carry every day in my bag regarding to (legal) medical items?

Dont bring a first aid kit unless you know how to use it. Just bring some bandaids and alcohol wipes, although Ive seen people use them wrong O.o

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

band aids paper cuts hurt

Band aids. Got it!

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Dont bring a first aid kit unless you know how to use it. Just bring some bandaids and alcohol wipes, although Ive seen people use them wrong O.o

Alcohol wipes, I will keep those in mind!

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Automatic External Defribulator.

Nope.

Also I mentioned Vaseline, do you think that could be handy? Or maybe that Nivea creme stuff?

1 minute ago, Laggger164 said:

Band aids. Got it!

Alcohol wipes, I will keep those in mind!

Nope.

Also I mentioned Vaseline, do you think that could be handy? Or maybe that Nivea creme stuff?

I dont think youll need vaseline unless you are being ;)

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

In my backpack when I go hiking I always have some granola bars, a few water bottles, alcohol wipes and tape/gauss wrap. More water. A pretty hefty knife and a lighter, as well as a flint+steel with a waterproof container where I store a few cotton balls.

I doubt you'll need half of that for school, and I highly recommend NOT bringing a knife to school...

9 minutes ago, NinJake said:

In my backpack when I go hiking I always have some granola bars, a few water bottles, alcohol wipes and tape/gauss wrap. More water. A pretty hefty knife and a lighter, as well as a flint+steel with a waterproof container where I store a few cotton balls.

I doubt you'll need half of that for school, and I highly recommend NOT bringing a knife to school...

OK, so I think I will get some alcohol wipes, the wrap, some band aids and maybe some cotton, not sure in which form yet.

We are strictly forbidden to not bring knives to school, so I don't.

I have read that Vaseline is very multifunctional (and not just for medical applications), but I don't know what type or anything. Does anyone here know?

I usually carry allergy medicine (Loratadine), hand sanitizer (like Purell) and Ibuprofen and sometimes band aids.  I personally don't feel that much else is needed on a day to day basis

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Just bring some bandaids and alcohol wipes, although Ive seen people use them wrong O.o

I'll bite. How?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Just now, Urishima said:

I'll bite. How?

People jabbing them into the wound, people sticking it in, people putting it on with the bandaid. Ugh

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

People jabbing them into the wound, people sticking it in, people putting it on with the bandaid. Ugh

Our species is doomed, isn't it?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Just now, Urishima said:

Our species is doomed, isn't it?

*Athena* "Quadruple kill"

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Automatic External Defribulator.

Automated. The process isn't automatic since the user has to interact with the defibrillator. Though it would be funny if Skynet defibrillated everyone after successfully stopping erratic beats.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, NinJake said:

? why not as long as it's legal length man...then again I am the guy who got called the Office wondering why blood was leaking out of my truck bed...(frozen animal blood caked on during the winter was thawing)

oh, and I carry in my bag, a lighter, some papers, pens, pencils, knife, pain reliever medication, allergy medication, length of para-cord, Needle, hydrogen peroxide, some crackers, water, and half a dozen Caribbeans. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

2 hours ago, MeDownYou said:

? why not as long as it's legal length man...then again I am the guy who got called the Office wondering why blood was leaking out of my truck bed...(frozen animal blood caked on during the winter was thawing)

oh, and I carry in my bag, a lighter, some papers, pens, pencils, knife, pain reliever medication, allergy medication, length of para-cord, Needle, hydrogen peroxide, some crackers, water, and half a dozen Caribbeans. 

Carrying a knife can be risky because some schools will expel students for "weapons", regardless of the legality of the knife.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Don't. Schools have first aid kits, But alcohol whilpes come in handy a lot, for other uses than medical.

pfft i can tell already you need to calm the fuck don. literally al you need is a pen in my experience

5 hours ago, Mug said:

pfft i can tell already you need to calm the fuck don. literally al you need is a pen in my experience

Yeah no. That's not how I roll. I am the guy who has scissors, scotch tape, 4 pens, 2 pencils 1 red colored pen, a calculator 3 USB flash drives (one of them with bootable linux on it), a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter, some highlighters, a USB Wi-Fi adapter, a USB sound card, a racheting screwdriver with interchangeable bits and the bits themselves, A screwdriver with a light that lights up when I touch a live wire with it (I have no idea what it's called in English), a cheapo leatherman clone, a small bluetooth speaker, a power bank, a wall charger for a phone, a USB to micro USB with a adapters for Lightning and USB-C and seriously a lot more.

Would I die without these things? F*ck no, but they are great to have on hand when I happen to need them.

That's why I want to get some basic medical things to it.

13 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

I am a high school student, I have some room in my bag that I want to fill with something. I don't have a medikit, no vaseline, no nothin other than napkins.

What do you guys think I should carry every day in my bag regarding to (legal) medical items?

Do you have allergies or any underlying illness that requires maintenance? If yes, you should seek your doctor. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

disinfectants, band aids , small length gauze , burn ointment ,  some headache relieving stuff , << basic stuffs , got more room >> small bottle of pain spray , sterilized & or saline water to get rid of something in your eyes like chemicals , cocaine ,  superglue (incase you need to seal a wound in an extreme emergency) , prescribed tabs that can help with travel nausea & other tabs to help with diarrhea/acidity/cold etc.

Details separate people.

6 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Do you have allergies or any underlying illness that requires maintenance? If yes, you should seek your doctor. 

Fortunately no, I am looking for some normal items to just have on hand if something happens. Nothing special.

5 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

disinfectants, band aids , small length gauze , burn ointment ,  some headache relieving stuff , << basic stuffs , got more room >> small bottle of pain spray , sterilized & or saline water to get rid of something in your eyes like chemicals , cocaine ,  superglue (incase you need to seal a wound in an extreme emergency) , prescribed tabs that can help with travel nausea & other tabs to help with diarrhea/acidity/cold etc.

Yeah, superglue might be nice to have, but I would have to get something that doesn't dry out quickly tho, it won't get used much. Not medical, but useful IMO.

2 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

Fortunately no, I am looking for some normal items to just have on hand if something happens. Nothing special.

Yeah, superglue might be nice to have, but I would have to get something that doesn't dry out quickly tho, it won't get used much. Not medical, but useful IMO.

Why don't you just go to the Grocery Store or Pharmacy and buy a small first-aid kit? It will contain everything you could possibly need, and inside a convenient storage container - some of them are even waterproof, if you want to spend a bit extra.

Otherwise, just look online for some basic first aid kit guides and get the supplies yourself.

Some no brainers:

Bandaids (FABRIC ONES! Plastic Bandaids need to die)

Gauss

Alcohol wipes

Cotton balls

Q-Tips

Tension wrap

Arm sling

Antiseptic/anti-bacterial cream (something like Polysporin)

Anti-burn cream

Bug bite cream

Anti-histamines

Pain killers (I would get both Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Ibuprofin (Advil), as they work in different ways, and can be used in different situations)

I think that alone would cover your basics. Maybe add in some "skin glue", which is basically a biological sealant.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)