Microsoft is working on a new Windows 10 Install/Setup experience using Cortana

AlTech
54 minutes ago, zMeul said:

o'really?

tell me what's faster

• to click Next
  • to hear cortana narrate what's on the screen and say "next"

this whole thing is the next level in retarded shit MS does

some people don't have arms/hands and this helps them do task that might of been tricky with out some aid. why is it wrong to add a feature?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Cortana and Siri are tools.

and that's meant as an insult.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Am I the only one in here who uses classic shell and other tweaks to have my Win10 be just like Win7 and have never lay my fingers on Cortana? Old Search box on old start menu FTW.

I've used Classic Shell on all my Windows 8 and 10 machines, but still use Cortana because, I hate to admit it, it is pretty damn useful to just say "Hey Cortana", and give it a question :)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

48 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

some people don't have arms/hands and this helps them do task that might of been tricky with out some aid. why is it wrong to add a feature?

that's yet another bullshit

people that have disabilities don't install Windows, they have other people to do it for them

This will be useful for people who fond it hard to use a computer or are slow as typing, for everyone else its pointless.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

what is this shit?! is it a joke? because April 1st is couple of months away

There's no need for that attitude and behavior here.

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

if you need to repair the BCD or need to do something in the cmd prompt, you need to dictate to Cortana ?!?!

No. If you need to reinstall, install or setup Windows, you can use Cortana for voice control instead of a keyboard and mouse.

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

are they out of their fucking minds?

Are you?

Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.

• Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

---

and here's another problem: if you need the sound card drivers to activate the microphone, how the fuck is Cortana going to receive voice comms during Windows install?

During install and setup some generic drivers are installed before you configure Windows.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

There's no need for that attitude and behavior here.

really?! why not

these shitheads have a lot to fix in W10, way more important issues, and yet they waste money and time to make a voice comms install process - what the fuck!?

---

and here's a thing that seriously bothers me: why aren't all the (non localized) countries allowed to use Cortana in english?

Ugh, bad for deaf and speech disability..

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Lol clearly Microsoft's plan is to introduce Cortana right from the setup and woo people over to using it more. 

But voice guided setup does sound baller.