Ps3 getting too hot message?

Theminecraftaddict555

I have a super slim ps3 that gives me the message "The ps3 has come very hot, please turn the system off" right after i turn on my super ps3 slim and choose a game.....Oddly enough this seems to appear right after i choose my physical game disc to play it...It doesn't give me this message while roaming the menu

Also, my system doesn't even feel that hot? Hell it is barely even warm

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Is that right after turning it on? Or after being on for a while?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

6 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I have a super slim ps3 that gives me the message "The ps3 has come very hot, please turn the system off" right after i turn on my super ps3 slim and choose a game.....Oddly enough this seems to appear right after i choose my physical game disc to play it...It doesn't give me this message while roaming the menu

Also, my system doesn't even feel that hot? Hell it is barely even warm

how long have you had the system? Where is the system usually placed? It could be buildup in the system itself and it could require some cleaning via canned air. 

4 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

After on being a while but it seems like the turning off process has a pattern, right after i choose the physical game i want to play

1 minute ago, spiralfuzion said:

how long have you had the system? Where is the system usually placed? It could be buildup in the system itself and it could require some cleaning via canned air. 

had it for three to four years.

So far i used my canned air to blow into the system's vents and trying my best to ensure that it goes out not in but it seems like i can't avoid that

3-4 years means you've probably had it since release date. First thing to try definitely is to clean it

I don't know what " After on being a while " means because you also stated it with " right after i choose the physical game i want to play " which is literally like 5 seconds after the PS4 turns on. Because when you turn on a game console it means you want to play a game so it should literally be like 20 seconds into the console after waking it from sleep and instantly selecting your disk from the menu. If it is overheating in 20 seconds that is some sort of hardware issue.

9 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

She's always hot after being turned on. Have you tried liquid cooling the PS3?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, MANIDY inc said:

Give it a cool bath 

Ha ha, you're funny gtfo and learn to be serious

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

3-4 years means you've probably had it since release date. First thing to try definitely is to clean it

I don't know what " After on being a while " means because you also stated it with " right after i choose the physical game i want to play " which is literally like 5 seconds after the PS4 turns on. Because when you turn on a game console it means you want to play a game so it should literally be like 20 seconds into the console after waking it from sleep and instantly selecting your disk from the menu. If it is overheating in 20 seconds that is some sort of hardware issue.

i don't really want to open up my system, though since I am not that confident in doing that 

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

She's always hot after being turned on. Have you tried liquid cooling the PS3?

And waste more money for this kind of issue? no thank you..I'm better off paying off sony 150 dollars for my ps3 repair rather than waste it on watercooling 

Update: after waiting for a while after cleaning it with canned air, I turned on my system to find out that it is making this OBNOXIOUS loud sound for some damn reason

I think it is time to me take it to a ps3 repair shop I know 

4 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

i don't really want to open up my system, though since I am not that confident in doing that 

You don't have to worry. The Cooler and Hard Drive portion of the case is meant to be opened. There are no screw or brackets you have to traverse through. You literally just put your fingers on the Reflective black top of your ps4 not the matte one and drag it out with your fingers. If you watch the video, it will put you at ease.

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

You don't have to worry. The Cooler and Hard Drive portion of the case is meant to be opened. There are no screw or brackets you have to traverse through. You literally just put your fingers on the Reflective black top of your ps4 not the matte one and drag it out with your fingers. If you watch the video, it will put you at ease.

But the video is ps4 not ps3?

1 minute ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

But the video is ps4 not ps3?

OH CRAP! Sorry, my apologies. For some reason I read PS4. Go on.

5 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Update: after waiting for a while after cleaning it with canned air, I turned on my system to find out that it is making this OBNOXIOUS loud sound for some damn reason

I think it is time to me take it to a ps3 repair shop I know 

one of the fans probably died. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

one of the fans probably died. 

another update to that, my ps3 now turns on fine for now with minimal noise?

and it doesn't seem to be overheating..Of course the huge loud fan issue happened while my disc was inside of it...I suppose taking the disc out stopped the issue..I'll give it another try to see what happens, if something does happen the blue ray driver may have screwd up or something 

Update: it seems like it works fine now after playing a couple of rounds on my call of duty black ops

No loud sounds except the typical sound when the game stresses out your ps3..It must be the dust that was built up on the vents or something...

Had a co-worker that brought me a super slim to look at that was straight up locking-up whenever you played games on it for a few minutes. I blasted that booger out with some canned air and threw Uncharted 3 in for a good while. Played fine after that. Keep them where they can breathe and keep them clean.

Also, from my experience, Super Slims seem to be more prone to clogging up and overheating than a regular Slim.

11 hours ago, B16CXHatch said:

Had a co-worker that brought me a super slim to look at that was straight up locking-up whenever you played games on it for a few minutes. I blasted that booger out with some canned air and threw Uncharted 3 in for a good while. Played fine after that. Keep them where they can breathe and keep them clean.

Also, from my experience, Super Slims seem to be more prone to clogging up and overheating than a regular Slim.

yeah i simply just sprayed some canned air to the dusty vents and waited for awhile, then  it started working fine...