Worst Part of your Case?

Vica

corsair carbide r500, NO DUST FILTERS FUCKKKKKKK, also the front panel io fan controller sucks, i wan't it to be handled by my motherboard or by a really good fan controller that can get overwritten by my motherboards own fan controlling system by flicking a switch. 

Now I don't personally own these, but I have had experiences with them, and I really wish that even the smallest mitx cases (Cougar QBX, DanCase A4, NCase M1) had cable management space.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

27 minutes ago, acheahead said:

Phanteks 400S.

is that the same as the p400s? I have it and its wonderfull. I have a cooler master hyperv600 which is a full sized 160mm cooler and it fits in easily. I don't have a problem with cable management, it has holes all around where they are needed

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

24 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

The side screws for the 3.5" HDD tray(s) in the basement aren't easy to access because they're.. well... on the sides.  

I have no other complaints. 

NZXT S340

can you not put a dam bug in your profile pic. i nearly murdered my screen

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 hours ago, Vica said:

Hey

I am student beginning a design and technology project which i will be working on over the next year. I have decided to design and create a computer case and would appreciate it if you could write a comment on what your least favourite part of your pc case is and what case it is. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Vic

The non-removable logo :( I hate additional words on my case. (Arc Midi R2).

Fractal Design Arc XL

It's an amazing case but I need more radiator room/support. Only a minor drawback but it's the worst part about it that I can think of.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Corsair 400c is just barely too short or wide to easily be able to fit as 240 rad in the top, you can't with some motherboards because of where some RAM slots are placed

Probably the front dust filter on my Evolv ITX. Clips in with massive holes that just let all the dust in anyways

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

My case supports both 120mm and 140mm fans at the front (3 of them) 

All the 140s line up perfectly, the 120s however do not, bit of a shit since the top oneneeds a bracket to fit, just have it so they all need one?

Devastated 

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

5 hours ago, acheahead said:

Yes it is the same. I just forgot to add the P :)

Easily being it doesn't touch the edge of the case and doesn't scratch the sound proofing?

I didn't go with a dh15s because I was afraid of having space issues.

You not having a problem with cable management doesn't change how horrible I think it is, when having 4 fans.

It might be a case of your fan headers being located close enough to said holes.

its kind of hard to take a photo of something that isn't visible, as you can see the sata cables disappear straight behind the case. the fan headers are at the top behind the cooler and they also go straight into the back of the case. the only exception is the power cable for the GPU. I don't know if you can see it in this photo but my cooler has somewhere between 5-10mm of clearance with the case. Im pretty sure the z600 is still the tallest cooler.

My real complaint is theres only one exhaust fan for the CPU and no exhaust fan for the GPU, but then I don't know if anyone makes a case with exhaust for GPU. Theres also no sound dampening for the top and rear fans like there is with the front fans. Also the bottom 3.5" bays are kind loose and i had to pay extra for those caddies you see in the picture; even though they cost extra they are designed really well, as they make the cables disappear and they have vibration foam and are very sturdy

20161024_143201.jpg

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

8 hours ago, Andydandyfiddy said:

Corsair 750D

If you're not planning to have a DVD drive or a fan controller etc then you're fine. 

But if you are going to install something in that 5/25 inch bay. then it really disturbs the simplicity of the case front panel.

750D-12b.jpg

you can't glue a front panel plate to the drive tray?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

9 minutes ago, acheahead said:

You haven't really answered it, but you're saying you're able to see 5-10mm clearance...

doesn't that answer it? theres no pressure marks or scratching on my side panel.

20 minutes ago, acheahead said:

Sound dampening on the top = the plates we got when we bought the case.

the sound dampening on the top is rubbish and its not the same as the extra panel you get on the front; thats what i want, an extra panel with sound dampening on all fans :) on all sides.

20 minutes ago, acheahead said:

And there are two "exhaust" for the CPU. One in the back, and one on the top. You're just creating a dead zone in the case the way you've placed your fans :)

i don't consider the top fans as viable exhausts considering the front top fan is directly next to the front panel, I did try putting the top fan in the other position as exhaust but it didn't make any difference. it also did nothing for the GPU cooling.

I don't think iv created any dead zone; these are very low 350 RPM fans so they don't create a lot of pressure or airflow. the top fan is overkill, i just had a spare fan. testing with telltails did show increased air; if there were any dead zones i would have seen it with the telltails.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Antec 900: No dust filters, No HDD trays, limited cable management holes, unpadded cable management holes, no PSU basement, etc. Well it is a 10 year old case, so it's not all that surprising.

35 minutes ago, acheahead said:

Now let's put this back in your first quote: "Watching from the top of the case, I'm able to see about 2mm clearance from my NH-U12S to the sound padding, so I really don't get it."

thats your quote not mine? I don't have a NH-U12S i have a Z600

36 minutes ago, acheahead said:

So you basically want a top panel fitted with sound dampening material and dust filters on it?

yea i wouldn't mind the extra size if it makes it quieter.

37 minutes ago, acheahead said:

If I turn my CPU cooler it'd be blowing straight up = exhaust.

does that orientation suck hot air from the back of the GPU?

I lost the fan clips for my Z600 years ago and I actually don't need a fan even though I'm running AMD bulldozer. when i upgrade to intel next year I'm prob going to get one of the designs with a 140mm fan sandwiched between two heatsinks, it looks like a huge improvement over the scythe ninja & Z600 square block design.

41 minutes ago, acheahead said:

At least you're using PWM, but if it's that overkill, you might as well put the sound dampening back on.

that would be the logical thing to do but I'm a bit OCD. if theres a blank spot where something could go i eventually fill it. thats why i have more RAM than i need, i just didn't like seeing the empty slots. I really do only need one front and one rear fan but i had a left over from my old case and there was a spare fan position. I'm considering putting two 140mm fans in the top spaces just to be a weirdo with excessive low RPM fans

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

35 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

Antec 900: No dust filters, No HDD trays, limited cable management holes, unpadded cable management holes, no PSU basement, etc. Well it is a 10 year old case, so it's not all that surprising.

i had the ante 1200. excessive amount of fan mounts, no cable management and fan filters that you had to dismantle the case to get to. and the 200mm fan on top became noisy after about 2 years

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

12 hours ago, tlink said:

corsair carbide r500, NO DUST FILTERS FUCKKKKKKK, also the front panel io fan controller sucks, i wan't it to be handled by my motherboard or by a really good fan controller that can get overwritten by my motherboards own fan controlling system by flicking a switch. 

I have a 500R that I got cheap literally hiding in its box as I don't dare moving a build there due to the lack of filters. All those vents seemed a solution, now they seem a problem... I found third party filters for it, but I refuse to pay for them more than I payed for the case itself O.o It's a shame, because I got the (cheaper) filters for the HAF XB from the same manufacturer and they are great.

Phanteks P400

I don't like the paint coating. It's not a fingerprint magnet, but they do show more than I would like. I love the color, though.

I don't like how my power supply JUST JUST fits in the basement, height wise. There is literally a millimeter or two to spare for a full-sized PSU.

I don't like how the basement has holes in it, everywhere. Kind of defeats the point of having a basement, I think. 

I dont like how difficult it is to remove and reinsert the side panels. 

I HATE the included case fans. They are just all around very poor.

There is a lot about this case that I like, but those are the things I do not like.

I love that I got it for $49.99. For that price, this is the best case in the world, in my opinion.

57abcce520d39_ScreenShot2016-08-10at7.49.39PM.png.9a93c2aab84ef83661fb1ddfa557820c.png

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Define S, psu filter should slide out front.

Stock panel plastic window is soft as balls. Already replaced with float glass.

Top should have magnetic dust filters included.

(Psu shrouds are only an excuse for shitty workmanship and look bad)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

ooh yeah, by the way, with the amount of variables with all the possible pc parts you could have. It is nearly impossible to make a case optimal for any situation. a must for me would be, Good dust filters. modular, good side panel window, plenty of cable room, psu basement, radiator support, + fans, and for the love of god. removable cages for suckers with old really long amd graphics cards. Best of luck on your course. 

9 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I have a 500R that I got cheap literally hiding in its box as I don't dare moving a build there due to the lack of filters. All those vents seemed a solution, now they seem a problem... I found third party filters for it, but I refuse to pay for them more than I payed for the case itself O.o It's a shame, because I got the (cheaper) filters for the HAF XB from the same manufacturer and they are great.

yea i have the same problem, its a great case i got it for half its current new price. i am thinking of diy dust filters from my girlfriends panty's but there just is no spacing for them at all to easily clean them. ordering those dust filters costs me about 60 us dollars with the shipping costs to the EU and they look UGLY AS SHIT. although i don't care about looks that much, this really looks horrible and would make it cost the same as a better new case ffs.

ffi-119_13.jpg