Is a blue setup harmful?

Crypt1c
4 minutes ago, Jonh Same said:

So its well known that the blue light from screens are more harmful to your eyes than others. Does the same thing applies to lights from things like your keyboard? 

I would say negligible. The light coming from your monitor's blue power LED is probably more damaging to your eyes if they are than your keyboard as it's in your direct line of sight. The chances of you staring at your keyboard during daily use is very low.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

snip

The only possible negative effect is increased eye strain (if you stare at it), but it's effects have been blown out of proportion

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, AresKrieger said:

The only possible negative effect is increased eye strain, but it's effects have been blown out of proportion

Just like around 99% of the things the media says is bad for you..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

7 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

What is wrong with everybody? Why blue?

Scientist's have said Blue Light coming from Monitors and screen affects the brain. Mainly they state you should not look at devices for at least 30 min before bed. That blue light causes the brain to be active.  I think they also say not to use these devices in complete darkness. Something that it can cause some harm to your eyes. 

Just stuff I read. Its also the reason that Gunner Optics glasses exist. Because they block out blue light. And save you from feeling like your eye balls are burning out of your skull when you have stared at a monitor all day. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Scientist's have said Blue Light coming from Monitors and screen affects the brain. Mainly they state you should not look at devices for at least 30 min before bed. That blue light causes the brain to be active.  I think they also say not to use these devices in complete darkness. Something that it can cause some harm to your eyes. 

Did you seriously just say all that without a single source?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Just now, Dark_wizzie said:

scientists is a good source 

Blue is everywhere. You have blue on white light. You need it for white light. They are no actual peer-reviewed studies that backs up that blue light is harmful to the eye. Research has shown that it can cause sleeping issues to some. But that is all. I know there is much crap on the media and online, but those are more beliefs, than peer-reviewed research.

Peer-reviewed studies, are studied that a group of person went over it, to find flaws and mistakes, and is used to validate a research or observation.

If you are or will be in College or University, always backup your argumentation or informative points with peer-reviewed research from scientific journals to really add a punch to what you are saying.

Some people have trouble using their monitor for extended period of time because it is powered by "white" LED (white LED doesn't exists in the consumer market, ah very cold wite LED is used). If your monitor is powered by CFL, BG-LED, or RGB-LED or is an OLED screen, color calibrated, then you should not have any problem related to that. This is why Flash camera on phones features a yellow LED with the white LED, or you have RGB-LED like on the Lumia 950 and 950 XL phone to output a true white light, and people don't look sick or zombies when you use the Flash. Also, don't get confused with PWM sensitiveness, which affect PWM driven backlight monitors (usually those are: laptops and entry level monitors).

Just now, Dark_wizzie said:

I didnt feel like digging up a source. Sorry, but I gotta do that shit every week for my classes. Plus, I dont think they have really been studding this issues long enough to have formed a valid conclusion. I just stated it to add some validity to the OP's post. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

here looking at how people not notice this is a exact copy pasted post

Didn't even clear the formatting when pasting....

5 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

scientists is a good source 

I am a scientist, and I disagree.

5 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Huh?

Find me a true white LED, then. I wish you great luck.

False! Blue is actually very good for your eyes and used to help you sleep and meditate. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

2 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

False! Blue is actually very good for your eyes and used to help you sleep and meditate. 

What wavelengths? What is your source for this information?

2 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Blue is actually very good for your eyes

2 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

What wavelengths? What is your source for this information?

Lol I take that back, it accually bad the RGB's at least. Natural blue light is good tho!

http://www.livescience.com/53874-blue-light-sleep.html

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

1 hour ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

No, it's just that you said they don't use a white LED, they use a cold white LED instead. ? Isn't that still white?

Oh. Sorry. Very light blue, or a very blue tinted white light.. depends on your perspective on "white LED" used on a particular product (some are more blue than others).

To better describe "cold white":

whitesm.jpg

(The values aren't exact meaning of the definition of "cold white". So, 6600K is still cold white, same for 7000K.. although you start entering the blue color territory as you increase the temperature value (that 'K; value) ).

On 10/18/2016 at 0:38 AM, Carlos1010 said:

blue light makes you sleep less 

9 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

blue light makes you sleep less 

Might be worth reading the rest of the thread, since this was covered on the first page. It only interrupts your sleep if you receive too much of it at night. Throughout the day, blue light is vital to sustain your levels of serotonin that make you feel alert (daylight being the most potent source), which in turn has a direct effect on melatonin production later in the day. Both of these hormones are a byproduct of an amino acid called tryptophan. All three are intrinsically linked. In winter, especially countries with short daylight periods or for someone working in a dark office, light therapy can be a viable alternative to maintaining a healthy source of light (esp. blue).

http://sustainablebalance.ca/serotonin-melatonin-and-your-circadian-rhythm/

7 minutes ago, Jeffy said:

I have heard about it but don't think it applies to the keyboards and other blue lights too!

Exactly. A bright monitor or phone/tablet used for a few hours would be enough to have some impact, but small LEDs just don't have enough power.

People think this thread is a joke It's not...

I use blue LEDS and i turn them all to red when I'm watching a movie/tv/netflix/youtube at night because it helps rest your eyes, similar to the lux program.