PS VR released for Preorder

Clanscorpia

The PS VR was released for preorder today at and MSRP of $699 CAD. Which includes a Camera, 2 Touch controllers, and 1 game. Headset can be bought for $549 alone. lTech specs follow.

Product Name PlayStation®VR
Product Code CUH-ZVR1 series
Release Date October 13, 2016
External Dimensions
  • VR headset: Approx. 187×185×277 mm (width × height × length, excludes largest projection, headband at the shortest)
  • Processor unit: Approx. 143×36×143 mm (width × height × length, excludes largest projection)
Mass
  • VR headset: Approx. 610g (excluding cable)
  • Processor unit: Approx. 365g
Display Method OLED
Panel Size 5.7 inches
Panel Resolution 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)
Refresh Rate 120Hz, 90Hz
Field of View Approximately 100 degrees
Sensors Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)
Connection Interface
  • VR headset: HDMI, AUX, Stereo Headphone Jack
  • Processor unit: HDMI TV, HDMI PS4, USB, HDMI, AUX
Processor Unit Function 3D audio processing, Social Screen (mirroring mode, separate mode), Cinematic mode
Included
  • VR headset × 1
  • Processor unit × 1
  • VR headset connection cable × 1
  • HDMI cable × 1
  • USB cable × 1
  • Stereo headphones × 1 (with a complete set of earpiece)
  • AC power cord × 1
  • AC adaptor × 1

I'm pretty disappointing. Seems the Vive and Oculus are still better.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/explore/playstation-vr/tech-specs/

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

5 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

How is a PS4 supposed to drive 2 1080p screens at at least 90fps when it can't even do 1080p at 30?

What I know the PS VR uses a single screen and then splits the image for each eye. Its also not native 90FPS but rather a lower FPS which is then manipulated through fancy software to create the illusion of 90FPS.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

8 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

How is a PS4 supposed to drive 2 1080p screens at at least 90fps when it can't even do 1080p at 30?

There is a breakaway box that has additional processing power for it. Also, it's only one 1080p screen just split and it'll do 60 fps, 120 fps, or 60 made to look 120. Based on what settings you choose and what console you have. I.e. Ps4 pro vs ps4.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

10 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

It has it's own processing box and only supports the new PS4 Pro if I remember correctly.

Am I misinformed, or is the PSVR msrp $399 for the core and $499 for the bundle with the camera and controllers? I don't know where the $699 is coming from unless that includes a ps4 as well. 

21 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

It has it's own processing box and only supports the new PS4 Pro if I remember correctly.

It supports both the regular and pro ps4. However, Sony has implied that the pro is the more enjoyable experience. 

20 minutes ago, chimado said:

i think ps will cause a lot of motion sickness because of the low fps

From the recent reviews that I've read at least, there isn't much of a problem with low fps. The larger problem seems to be flaky tracking on both the headset and move controllers.

Pretty sure its not 700$. If it is then its already failed. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

A little bit deceptive, though probably unintentionally: the link leads to the CANADIAN PlayStation site, with the MSRP being 699 CANADIAN dollars, and that price also being the price for the full bundle with headset, camera, controlers, and a "game". The headset alone is also listed there at $549, which is the price in CANADIAN dollars that they said from the start. While Linus and plenty of other users may find Canadian currency pricing relevant, there are also plenty of people (like myself) who will remember the announced price of 400 US dollars and think Sony is ripping us off with the much higher price here, while also comparing it to the prices of the Rift and Vive in USD ($600 and $800) and thinking it's incredibly overpriced for lower quality hardware.

TL;DR: please state that the price is $699 Canadian dollars, because it matters and people will assume it's US dollars otherwise.

@Clanscorpia

PSVR has been on pre-order SINCE FUCKING JULY

ALSO MISLEADING TITLE. YOU'RE LOOKING AT CANADA. WE ALL KNOW THE CANADIAN RUBLE IS WORTH JACK SHIT.

also, your OP is misleading.

The cost for the PSVR is 399$. That is the MSRP of the VR headset. But you also need a PS Move Camera (70$) and optionally a PS Move Controller (100$ for a pair)

2 hours ago, Unexas. said:

its 960x540 per eye, making it 1920x1080 total.

Also its 90-120Hz.

they use some fancy pre-emptive frame doubling to increase the FPS.

4 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

You mean motion blur?

Frame interpolation

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Wait, it's $699? I thought it was going to be $399. Either way, it's not like I'll buy it, so whatever. lol

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

@Clanscorpia

PSVR has been on pre-order SINCE FUCKING JULY

ALSO MISLEADING TITLE. YOU'RE LOOKING AT CANADA. WE ALL KNOW THE CANADIAN RUBLE IS WORTH JACK SHIT.

also, your OP is misleading.

The cost for the PSVR is 399$. That is the MSRP of the VR headset. But you also need a PS Move Camera (70$) and optionally a PS Move Controller (100$ for a pair)

My friend told me to make this post that bitch. And just because you are an american and demand do see american currency in everything doesn't mean I cant use mine

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

My friend told me to make this post that bitch. And just because you are an american and demand do see american currency in everything doesn't mean I cant use mine

i'm not even american.

8 minutes ago, Prysin said:

i'm not even american.

You mentioned USD so I assumed that you were american

Spoiler

AXIOM

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

You mentioned USD so I assumed that you were american

i mentioned USD because its the most internationally used currency. I can come back with GBP or EUROs if that pleases you more, or perhaps russian rubles.

5 hours ago, christianled59 said:

There is a breakaway box that has additional processing power for it. Also, it's only one 1080p screen just split and it'll do 60 fps, 120 fps, or 60 made to look 120. Based on what settings you choose and what console you have. I.e. Ps4 pro vs ps4.

The break out box doesn't do any of the processing for the headset, it takes the image generated by the PS4 for the headset and prepared it to be displayed on the television.

The PSVR uses frame doubling to meet the 90 FPS minimum for VR titles, and the native FPS for frame doubling has to be 60 FPS. You'll basically have 60 doubled to 120, 90 or 120 native on the PSVR and they'll dumb down the graphical fidelity to meet those requirements.

6 hours ago, Unexas. said:

Low quality graphics, and it has a mode where it renders at 60FPS, and then extra frames are interpolated to hit 120Hz refresh. 

6 hours ago, Puddleuk said:

What I know the PS VR uses a single screen and then splits the image for each eye. Its also not native 90FPS but rather a lower FPS which is then manipulated through fancy software to create the illusion of 90FPS.

No, that's literally not how it works. Also, it can run real 90FPS, it just depends what the dev decides. It can even do 120FPS, but good luck getting enough performance for that from a PS4. 

6 hours ago, christianled59 said:

6 hours ago, Matu20 said:

The processing box adds no real performance. It just splits off the signal to the TV and does the interpolation for 120Hz. Also it runs on the regular PS4 as well as the Pro. 

4 hours ago, Prysin said:

its 960x540 per eye, making it 1920x1080 total.

Also its 90-120Hz.

they use some fancy pre-emptive frame doubling to increase the FPS.

Do you have 4 eyes? It's 960x1080 per eye. 

45 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

So how much it gona cost for a complete PS VR system (console/IO included) in Brazil?

don't think there is any numbers for Brazil yet.

you should go by US MSRP then just convert it over to your local currency.

21 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

You mean motion blur?

So what it actually does, since many seem to be misinformed, is take the head tracking data from between two frames and apply it to the same first frame at 120hz

Like (new frame) 8ms(head tracking applied to the previous frame) 8ms (new frame) repeat

60 game frames per second, but 120 head movement frames per second

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R