Apple Announces the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

24 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Under a certain threshold. And the threshold moves up with inflation. Back in 2006 I bought the QC 15 for $300 and this was crazy expensive at the time. These days, that kind of price is not really crazy tho it is still a luxury. Prices in tech are supposed to come down, and they sorta do, but also consumer expectations are tempered with inflation over time. Look at Beats... they make high prices look like the new normal. 

Well, not really,

just some people are happy to drop big bucks on none essential items, like id legit spend 2x more on a product just because it looked nicer etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

8 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

They are still wireless, there is no wire between the headphones and the phone....so no, it doesnt defeat the point, just makes you sound salty

This "cable" just turns them into jaybird style wireless headphones - for people who want that sort of thing, its not like Apple are selling it, its a 3rd part accessory for people who want that sort of thing

it kinda defeats the point .  if you want corded iems the jaybird x2 are not only much cheaper but probably sound better.....if airpods sound like earpods.......i mean for the money the earpods are really good but at that price......no thanks

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Just now, jaggysnake57 said:

it kinda defeats the point .  if you want corded iems the jaybird x2 are not only much cheaper but probably sound better.....if airpods sound like earpods.......i mean for the money the earpods are really good but at that price......no thanks

Sigh, but some people want earpods for comfort or they like the sound, and they have the batter case that charges the headphones - the jaybirds do not do that,  plus things like siri integration etc

ONCE again you are talking about price/performance, which is irrelevant, nobody is buying them for the sound quality, (though ear pods are not that bad, just not amazing) but for the functionality, the ease of use, the neat little charging case that charges the eadbuds, the W1 chip and how it integrates into iOS 

those features re worth money to people, never forget that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

9 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Sigh, but some people want earpods for comfort or they like the sound, and they have the batter case that charges the headphones - the jaybirds do not do that,  plus things like siri integration etc

ONCE again you are talking about price/performance, which is irrelevant, nobody is buying them for the sound quality, (though ear pods are not that bad, just not amazing) but for the functionality, the ease of use, the neat little charging case that charges the eadbuds, the W1 chip and how it integrates into iOS 

those features re worth money to people, never forget that

price to performance is very rarely irrelevant.....most people want the best bang for there buck...they may not know how to get it but still. i like the idea behind the airpods but think the price is too much......£40 cheaper and i would have been very tempted

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

price to performance is very rarely irrelevant.....most people want the best bang for there buck...they may not know how to get it but still. i like the idea behind the airpods but think the price is too much......£40 cheaper and i would have been very tempted

im not saying its never irrelevant, im saying its not always the priority, or that aspect might not be

almost all luxury items are not about price to performance, Bentleys, Gucci luggage, Versace sweaters - you buy them because of the experience and how "nice" they are

apple go for a similar vein, and the air pods are "cool", personally I wish they looked cooler worn, but heck id buy them just for the cool case and the way they charge etc

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

it kinda defeats the point

Except the cable in the Jaybird contains a cable that can be damaged which will make the headphone less useful than a paperweight. I've always hated battling with cables to keep them from getting kinked when I needed to put em away. Especially the joints where they connect to the ear driver housing, and on normal cabled headphones/earbuds, the joint where it connects to the 3.5mm connector. All the headphones I've ever owned that died, didn't die because of the driver, it was always the cable being loose at some joint.

I see the point of having a piece of string to keep you from losing your headphones. While at the same time I also think it's stupid. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

On 9/18/2016 at 0:29 AM, o0Martin said:

There are lots of reports of iPhone 7/7+'s making a very noticeable hissing sound when at high loads and a not so noticeable one when at 'low-ish' loads, have you noticed anything with your device yet? 

Or any other iPhone 7/7+ owner.

Sorry for the extremely late reply: no, I haven't heard hissing... and I ran a full 3DMark benchmark to make sure.  Seems to be one of those "a small number of..." issues where it's significant, but far from guaranteed to happen.