Best controller for PC gaming?

I want to get a controller for my PC, but not sure which one I should get. I play GTA V, JC3, Rocket League so a controoler would be lots of fun for these games. I also play BO2, CS:GO... but I don't really intend to play these games seriously on a controller. So that said I want to kind of avoid 3rd party remappers and stuff like that. I want to just plug the controller in and play. 

This is not my first time researching this topic, so an XBOX controller would probably be better than DS, right? And if so do I get one for the XBOX One or should I get the 360? I would rather have the XBOX One, because the 360 is kinda old and I'm more of a PlayStation over XBOX, but that doesn't really bother me as long as I get a good controller.

Which one should I get?

XBOX Controller is always good. Doesn't matter which one you buy.

I recently bought an XBOX 360 Wired Controller and it does great for the price

5 minutes ago, Giganizer300PRO said:

I want to get a controller for my PC, but not sure which one I should get. I play GTA V, JC3, Rocket League so a controoler would be lots of fun for these games. I also play BO2, CS:GO... but I don't really intend to play these games seriously on a controller. So that said I want to kind of avoid 3rd party remappers and stuff like that. I want to just plug the controller in and play. 

This is not my first time researching this topic, so an XBOX controller would probably be better than DS, right? And if so do I get one for the XBOX One or should I get the 360? I would rather have the XBOX One, because the 360 is kinda old and I'm more of a PlayStation over XBOX, but that doesn't really bother me as long as I get a good controller.

Which one should I get?

Logitech F310 looks more Playstation-ish, they have another model that rumbles too if you're into that sort of thing

6 minutes ago, Giganizer300PRO said:

No. 

Why not? I love it. I also use a wired DS2.

I always hear from my friends that XBox controllers are the best but to be honest when I played on one I didn't like it too much. It's just matter of habbit, in my opinion PS4 controllers are also very good.

8 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Just buy an xbox controller and be done with it.  

best answer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

if you hate the xbox controller layout like i do just pick up a cheap logitech gamepad 

6 minutes ago, DaveGrant said:

I always hear from my friends that XBox controllers are the best but to be honest when I played on one I didn't like it too much. It's just matter of habbit, in my opinion PS4 controllers are also very good.

yes i prefer ps4 controllers also the xbox controller sort of fills your entire hand and i dont like that feeling

You can go for Xbox/Wired/Wireless or DS3/4 I personally use my PS4 Controller as the only other controller I have is a nvidia shield, which I don't really like using. For the PS4 controller all you have to do is download a piece of software called DS4Windows (http://ds4windows.com/) Run it once, sync your controller (whether bluetooth or wired both work) and then set it to run on startup, and leave it in the tray forever, works seamlessly, you can plug in and unplug the controller as you wish with no hitching, I've used it in racing games such as Grid and F1, as well as Rocket League, and I love the experience with them. So if you like the PS4 controller, this may be the best option for you.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

22 minutes ago, Giganizer300PRO said:

snip

Logitech Dual Stick Controller. I got one 6 years ago and it's still my go to. It works plug and play and is only about 20 bucks.

I use an xbox 360 wired controller, it's just the safe option that wont disappoint. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

I vote xbox, but I hate the feeling of my hands being cramped and that is what happens with a ps4 controller to me, it's a matter of preference, as for which one is easier to setup, well the answer used to be xbox no doubt, but the PS4 controllers seem to be less of a pain ass of late so it really doesn't matter on that end either. But hey you get to chose since this is the PC masterrace :P, I even use my gamecube controller from time to time the possibilities are endless.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I use an XBox 360 controller for racing games, and it's great for the price, but the D-Pad is a bit annoying. The issue was fixed on the XBox One controller, but that one is more expensive. Either way, I would go with an XBox controller.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

DS4. It's more comfortable, brings more features (once you install InputMapper), has an infinitely better D-pad, which is neat for fighting games and tight 2D platformers, comes with its own damn battery and works wireless without some proprietary dongle. What's there not to love?

I vote the Steam Controller.

It's not exactly a simple plug-and-play thing, but it works through Steam itself instead of some other program. You can make it do whatever you want, really. But, you can also just use the default config or some popular user-submitted config.

The reason it's best for PC gaming is its versatility and the pads, both of which basically leave all other gamepads in the dust to be laughed at.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

15 hours ago, Crashz said:

XBOX Controller is always good. Doesn't matter which one you buy.

I recently bought an XBOX 360 Wired Controller and it does great for the price

Original Xbox controller FTW (they ran on normal USB protocols, just with a custom connector, so it wasn't hard to adapt them for PC use at all)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)