MSI Vortex G65 Review

First ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (I'll fix the formatting in the morning) 

I think the video needed to be longer. Either I wasn't paying attention, or there actually wasn't any performance tests at all in the video. Sure, I guess you could say "well, it performs like a 6700k/dual 980/960 system would," and you'd probably be correct. But, there's a reason that PC component reviewers do FPS tests with every single new 980ti- because people want to see what it can do. 

For a $4k computer, I think it's awesome. Tons of gaming horsepower, quiet acoustics, and no thermal throttling. It's also got tons of great connectivity, like two NICs and Thunderbolt. I wouldn't pay the $4,000 USD, but then again, this product probably isn't for me. 

Also @nicklmg, you're almost at 1337 posts. 

I used to be quite active here.

Already watched on Vessel despite not being an early accessor anymore, turns out they still come out of early access on Vessel 12hrs before they do on Youtube.

As for the product, they should have a version stripped of it's GPUs, RAM and CPU and provide it as a barebone kit.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'm hoping this will make a market for trash can chassisi for mini ITX boards

dude, the Youtube  resolution is too high ,, 1080p minimum I keep my stuff at 360p due to monthly bandwidth caps reupload in standard resolution .

2 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

dude, the Youtube  resolution is too high ,, 1080p minimum I keep my stuff at 360p due to monthly bandwidth caps reupload in standard resolution .

Yeah that is weird, no 360P option but  4k option? Like don't get me wrong, I appreciate high resolution options. But I usually watch LTT on the train home from work and truthfully I don't need to look at Linus' face in HD.

Just now, Toxicknight79 said:

We have reached out to YT multiple times this week to try to figure out WHY this is happening. We have no explanation so far.

Normally, YT processes lower resolutions first and may disable them for a few minutes in order to finish up the higher resolutions. This week the lower resolutions have been disabled for 30-60 minutes, sometimes more, right after we launch a new video. Once again, no clue why this is happening - it is not something we're doing on our side.

Just now, nicklmg said:

We have reached out to YT multiple times this week to try to figure out WHY this is happening. We have no explanation so far.

Normally, YT processes lower resolutions first and may disable them for a few minutes in order to finish up the higher resolutions. This week the lower resolutions have been disabled for 30-60 minutes, sometimes more, right after we launch a new video. Once again, no clue why this is happening - it is not something we're doing on our side.

alright , well  you tube  is being ridiculous with a lot of things  lately so doesn't surprise me, ill wait till it straightens out ,, thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

-snip-

1 minute ago, gonvres said:

-snip-

Looks like lower resolutions are FINALLY back on this video... 45 minutes after we posted it lol...

Really wish this wasn't happening, not sure why it is.

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

I would assume its because most people want the higher resolution for their 'normal' at home viewing. The people who want 1080P first would far outweigh those who want 360P first.

1 minute ago, gonvres said:

I would assume its because most people want the higher resolution for their 'normal' at home viewing. The people who want 1080P first would far outweigh those who want 360P first.

Yeah but 360p is already processed, so disabling it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not gonna pretend like I know how YT's backend process works, and I HOPE that there's a reason behind them doing this, but that doesn't make it any less annoying...

Apple makes a small circular computer, everyone calls it a trashcan and makes fun of it. MSI makes one that looks very similar and it's OMG AMAZEBALLS !!!@11!. 

Fanboys. 

The most interesting thing about this machine is the GPUs and you did not even take the heatsinks off and show them? We got a 2 second pan down of the cards with heatsinks attached and then the stock photoshopped render of the card (the VRM circuitry gives it away as being copy pasted).

Pretty disappointing.

1 minute ago, Meaker said:

The most interesting thing about this machine is the GPUs and you did not even take the heatsinks off and show them? We got a 2 second pan down of the cards with heatsinks attached and then the stock photoshopped render of the card (the VRM circuitry gives it away as being copy pasted).

Pretty disappointing.

A bit of a spoiler alert, but this may not be the last you see of this PC from us.

This was a review/overview. Linus also took some time to take the thing apart and see how it all fit together...

I am pretty interested to see the inside of this in more detail. I'm currently using the NCASE M1, which fits a similar niche: very small and, with the right cooling, quiet too. The M1 has no SLI though, but it does have way more flexibility. I love me some SFF computers! 

6 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

A bit of a spoiler alert, but this may not be the last you see of this PC from us.

This was a review/overview. Linus also took some time to take the thing apart and see how it all fit together...

That's not usually what happens to be fair, a heads up to keep an eye out for more detailed content would have been good in the video :)

Just now, Meaker said:

That's not usually what happens to be fair, a heads up to keep an eye out for more detailed content would have been good in the video :)

Yep that's true. This isn't your average PC though :)

14 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Yep that's true. This isn't your average PC though :)

Having the water cooled titan-x in a GS30 dock I can appreciate that ;) Also had a clevo P570WM with a pair of 980Ms and a 4930K so I know about playing around with MXM cards too.

I look forward to more detail on this beast.

@nicklmg I'll also be getting RGB lighting in my dock soon :)

Oh and to people wondering about the $4000 cost, each of those 980 desktop class CPUs is more expensive than a Titan-X from Nvidia ;)

I would love if there was a case in this form factor that fit an ITX board. I wouldn't mind if it was slightly larger, I'd buy one in a friggin heartbeat :P I guess the Silverstone FT03 Mini comes closest...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 hours ago, Psykomantis00 said:

Apple makes a small circular computer, everyone calls it a trashcan and makes fun of it. MSI makes one that looks very similar and it's OMG AMAZEBALLS !!!@11!. 

Fanboys. 

That's partly because the mac was extremely overpriced and outdated on release like all of apples computers. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Nice way to test a "gaming" rig without any "benchmark" results :) - maybe later on ? 

I love it! <3

I love weird systems that break the mold and this little guy takes the risk and I think pays off. Sure, it is extremely expensive, and at that price I would rather build my own system but this one is compact and really sexy looking. 

This might be the best system I love, but would never buy, haha xD 

4 hours ago, Meaker said:

Oh and to people wondering about the $4000 cost, each of those 980 desktop class CPUs is more expensive than a Titan-X from Nvidia ;)

And that's why all 980 laptop's are overpriced...this is using custom parts+MXM cards so I don't see why we are all hammering it for the pricing when if there was a comparable laptop, it would probably cost a bit more. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

this pc is completely MEH to me, Im not even a fan of the design,the apple mac pro is much more attractive

And for the price, I am just not convinced

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii