Nvidia GP 100 Titan to debut in April, GTX 1080 to launch in June

This is exactly my sentiments. 32GB on the Titans would be a waste. Nvidia is going to save the absolute best for their Tesla's, because the Pascal Tesla's are going to be in direct competition against Xeon Phi (Knights Landing) this year, and they are going to need every single boon they can get in order to sell those cards. Someone can correct me if i am wrong (@patrickjp93 most likely will, lol) but Knights Landing is shipping with 16GB of stacked DRAM on it, right? I can totally see Nvidia trying to sell 32GB against KL's 16GB. Sadly, Nvidia is in for a world of hurt in the compute market. Knights Landing won't be easy to touch, no matter how much VRAM you throw at it. "10x the compute of Maxwell" is most certainly not enough. 

With the Titan getting 16GB, I assume that the x80 Ti will get 8GB. I believe the rest of the cards will be GDDR5X. Maybe an 8GB configuration for the normal x80 card, and 4-6gb for the x70 card, with the x60 and x50 cards coming in at 4GB. This might be the first year where we don't see 2GB cards, unless they release another series of normal GT cards. This is all assumptions BTW, none of which are facts. Only voicing how i feel this will go down.

You're half-right. KNL has 16GB of on-package HMC, but it also has up to 384GB of attached DDR4 in 6-channel configuration.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You're half-right. KNL has 16GB of on-package HMC, but it also has up to 384GB of attached DDR4 in 6-channel configuration.

I knew i could count on you! 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

This is exactly my sentiments. 32GB on the Titans would be a waste. Nvidia is going to save the absolute best for their Tesla's, because the Pascal Tesla's are going to be in direct competition against Xeon Phi (Knights Landing) this year, and they are going to need every single boon they can get in order to sell those cards. Someone can correct me if i am wrong (@patrickjp93 most likely will, lol) but Knights Landing is shipping with 16GB of stacked DRAM on it, right? I can totally see Nvidia trying to sell 32GB against KL's 16GB. Sadly, Nvidia is in for a world of hurt in the compute market. Knights Landing won't be easy to touch, no matter how much VRAM you throw at it. "10x the compute of Maxwell" is most certainly not enough. 

With the Titan getting 16GB, I assume that the x80 Ti will get 8GB. I believe the rest of the cards will be GDDR5X. Maybe an 8GB configuration for the normal x80 card, and 4-6gb for the x70 card, with the x60 and x50 cards coming in at 4GB. This might be the first year where we don't see 2GB cards, unless they release another series of normal GT cards. This is all assumptions BTW, none of which are facts. Only voicing how i feel this will go down.

That makes sense, even though I'm curious as to see if x80 and x70 will be based on GDDR5X or HBM2. I know, GDDR5X is more than enough and it makes more sense, but it AMD releases (let's call it) 490X or new gen Fury based on HBM2 and manages to beat NV, you can bet people are gonna lose their minds. My 2 cents.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Inb4 1080p joke

Edit:   Someone already made one before I could type this.

I feel like they may switch up the naming scheme, the xxx series was so much simpler than a four digit series.

This needs removing, as it fake, you can tell if you actually read the article.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

This needs removing, as it fake, you can tell if you actually read the article.

If every report that was unconfirmed was removed from these forums, the LTT forums would be pretty bare.

wonder if 900 gpus will drop in price

might be time to grab that second 970 if they do

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

And here I am, waiting patiently for next year to complete my 3 year upgrade cycle ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And here I am, waiting patiently for next year to complete my 3 year upgrade cycle ^^

I'm waiting patiently for Pascal and Broadwell-E.  Then I'll be set for a long time, but I'll probably upgrade when NVDIMM is common.

Every dual-GPU they ever made was a hot, loud disaster. People don't buy them

*insert jibe at your mother*

- snip-

More important than the GTX 1080, do you guys reckon that in 5 to 10 years time the GTX 1440 will give me a decent game on a 1440p monitor?

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

^^^ What kind of post is this? Are you joking?

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

If the next Titan comes out in April I will buy everyone in here one.

This may AMD an advantage for their later SKU's to outperform Nvidia products. Then again, they are probably getting ready for mass manafacturing

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Cool.... pity there is still no reason for me to upgrade from a 780 classified.. STILL no 'realistically priced' large OLED monitors or sub 50" OLED TV's available to upgrade from my 1080p Plasma...so ..yea.

VDU's need to transition into OLED ..like NOW.

Waiting on a 42"-50", 21:9, 5120x2160, OLED .. then ill start on my planned Chilled Water cooled PC project.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Cool.... pity there is still no reason for me to upgrade from a 780 classified.. STILL no 'realistically priced' large OLED monitors or sub 50" OLED TV's available to upgrade from my 1080p Plasma...so ..yea.

VDU's need to transition into OLED ..like NOW.

Waiting on a 42"-50", 21:9, 5120x2160, OLED .. then ill start on my planned Chilled Water cooled PC project.

Chilled water? Just do chilled Ethanol. You can go way colder and have a superior heat transfer gradient.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Watch Nvidia release their flagship card in April and then AMD releases a mid tier card in June that eats the new Titan... xD

I can dream, leave me alone. :D

fuck them. I'd rather have an inferior AMD card.

I make bad life decisions.

fuck them. I'd rather have an inferior AMD card.

What did Nvidia do to you?

What did Nvidia do to you?

Obviously they moved in next door and are playing loud music at night. Why else would he feel that way?

Obviously they moved in next door and are playing loud music at night. Why else would he feel that way?

Jen-Hsun probably went through one of his phases and bought a Harley.  Revvin' it up and down the streets.

Jen-Hsun probably went through one of his phases and bought a Harley.  Revvin' it up and down the streets.

He already has that sick leather jacket he wears all the time. I believe it.