Good mouse for someone with larger hands?

Profoundsoup

I have use a hybrid palm and claw grip and was looking for a mouse that is good for larger hands.

Steelseries Rival 300

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Steelseries Rival 300

I had the original Rival when it came out, have they changed anything with it? 

Razer Deathadder Chroma or Logitech G502.

You could try the Rocccat Tyon. it's a bit on the larger side and has a nice feel while in use. However, it is more expensive than most mice on the market at about 100 USD

Don't be fooled by the bottom line of my sig, that is just for my travels.

So you're telling me that Gaben is no God? Enough of your foolishness.

My hardware you ask? I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3217 Notebook... With an LG 25UM57.

The original Rival and the 300 are the same exact one they just improved the sensor.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

G502 is not a big mouse.

OP, the MX Master is an awesome mouse and Logitech cleverly designed it for small and large hands. I have bigger than average hands (I would say) and the MX Master was a perfect fit and it felt like my hand could still be bigger and it would be fine.

G502 is not a big mouse.

OP, the MX Master is an awesome mouse and Logitech cleverly designed it for small and large hands. I have bigger than average hands (I would say) and the MX Master was a perfect fit and it felt like my hand could still be bigger and it would be fine.

G602*

This and the Logitech G602(If you want a wireless option) and the Func MS-2.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Seriously, unless you are a pro gamer, just get a Logitech MX Master.

I have it's predecessor, the Performance MX.

It is one of the very few mice that actually doesn't cause my hands to severely cramp up after extended use, because of it's larger size.

I have what they call "piano fingers," so finding a comfortable mouse is quite a challenge.

~Cynical~

It is one of the very few mice that actually doesn't cause my hands to severely cramp up after extended use, because of it's larger size.

I have what they call "piano fingers," so finding a comfortable mouse is quite a challenge.

Why would you wanna use that for gaming over anything else? Im curious 

Why would you wanna use that for gaming over anything else? Im curious 

I like having products on my desk that serve more than one purpose. Having a comfortable work mouse and a separate (uncormfotable) "gaming" mouse makes zero sense to me. The only REAL advantage gaming mice have over regular mice is the customizations (weight tuning, RGB, extra buttons.) As far as actual accuracy and performance though, the MX Master and Performance MX are every bit as capable as 90% of the so-called "gaming" products out there.

Doesn't have to say it is gaming for it to be appropriate for gaming. ;-)

They just want you to spend more money because it says "4 Teh 1337 Gamahz."

~Cynical~

As far as actual accuracy and performance though, the MX Master and Performance MX are every bit as capable as 90% of the so-called "gaming" products out there.

tumblr_mvv449stnU1sejn8go1_400.gif

Even if we leave wireless out, we are stuck with sub par malfunction speed, a sub par cursor path at higher cpi and 125hz polling only, not to mention the weight of that thing, and im pretty sure that neither the debounce times nor the CPI Variance during movement are good.

tumblr_mvv449stnU1sejn8go1_400.gif

Even if we leave wireless out, we are stuck with sub par malfunction speed, a sub par cursor path at higher cpi and 125hz polling only, not to mention the weight of that thing, and im pretty sure that neither the debounce times nor the CPI Variance during movement are good.

I do just fine in gaming with it.

No offense, but I highly doubt you are a pro competition gamer, so you wouldn't know the difference either.

Stop buying into the hype.

~Cynical~

Yeah ESL One is so casual, also you dont have to be "pro" to notice differences in performance, especially when they are that big.

Picture or it didn't happen.

No offense mate, but the PCMasterRace crap needs to stop. All it does is cause everyone to have to pay higher prices for specs they really don't need. The human eye has limitations, as do our reaction times. You are discussing miniscule differences that would require athletic training to discern. MOST people don't try to be all MLG and crap. We have real lives, with other things to do than waste our time training to notice a difference of milliseconds... To no REAL effect.

The average human can only perceive an equivalent to 45 frames per second.

About 25% of the human population can perceive FPS's above 60, which is why there are so few "great" gamers.

The percentage of people who can perceive over 100 FPS are even in the extremes... Likely single-digits.

Perception can be trained, but even the best, most highly trained, fighter pilots in the world top out around 220 FPS.

Any difference of less than 2 milliseconds is not distinguishable by the human eye... Period. So, your gaming 1ms response is pointless.

Basically, polling over 125hz is utterly USELESS for the vast MAJORITY of the human population.

Polling over 440hz (220 FPS) is literally a waste, for anyone, anywhere, anytime, even those fighter pilots.

It's ALL HYPE! #Science.

Get over yourself.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826883/figure/F2/

~Cynical~

Picture or it didn't happen.

Google is your friend.

No offense mate, but the PCMasterRace crap needs to stop. All it does is cause everyone to have to pay higher prices for specs they really don't need. The human eye has limitations, as do our reaction times. You are discussing miniscule differences that would require athletic training to discern. MOST people don't try to be all MLG and crap. We have real lives, with other things to do than waste our time training to notice a difference of milliseconds... To no REAL effect.

If somebody can take advantage of whatever gear somebody is buying is one topic, but basically you are recommending sub par products for gaming because your own performance is sub par?

Not to mention that it isnt only about the Eyes and it also isnt only about reacting as moving a mouse is an action where you expect a certain response.

I also take you linking me to PCMR in any way as an insult.

The average human can only perceive an equivalent to 45 frames per second.

About 25% of the human population can perceive FPS's above 60, which is why there are so few "great" gamers.

The percentage of people who can perceive over 100 FPS are even in the extremes... Lound 220 FPS.

Which is just wrong.

Any difference of less than 2 milliseconds is not distinguishable by the human eye... Period. So, your gaming 1ms response is pointless.

Basically, polling over 125hz is utterly USELESS for the vast MAJORITY of the human population.

Polling over 440hz (220 FPS) is literally a waste, for anyone, anywhere, anytime, even those fighter pilots.

First up, Polling rate isnt response time, only mice with good FW and Sensors actually achieve sending a signal in 1ms or under.

Second, Polling rate mostly affects the fluidity/smoothness of the cursor/crosshair, something that probably even a 60 year old Grandmother would be able to see.

It's ALL HYPE! #Science.

Science is exactly what is going on with mice.

Get over yourself.

Thats what you should do, considering that you are projecting your sub par standards onto others.

Whole bunch of nonsense that completely ignores that I gave facts instead of opinions

He asked for...

I have use a hybrid palm and claw grip and was looking for a mouse that is good for larger hands.

Where in any of that does it say he needs a gaming mouse?

Nowhere.

He asked for a mouse that is good for bigger hands. Guess what... That's EXACTLY what I recommended.

I own my "subpar" (actually, it's amazing) mouse for the EXACT SAME REASON!

For your information, I have no issues with fluid movements. There is something to be said for proper settings.

As far as linking you to PCMR... Well, since you refuse to check what I said (which is all true, backed by real science, not your eyes) it was accurate.

I maintain... Get over yourself. Not everyone is you.

~Cynical~

How about MIonix Naos 7000?

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

It is getting OT but i am going to let this drag on.

Where in any of that does it say he needs a gaming mouse?

It was you who has challenged the idea of gaming peripherals.

He asked for a mouse that is good for bigger hands. Guess what... That's EXACTLY what I recommended.

I own my "subpar" (actually, it's amazing) mouse for the EXACT SAME REASON!

And yet there are better performing options for a lower price tag, so it doesnt even matter, especially considering that OP never stated that he needs wireless.

For your information, I have no issues with fluid movements. There is something to be said for proper settings.

That contradicts what you said before, doing "proper settings" wouldnt be necessary if humans are blind moles with parkinsons.

As far as linking you to PCMR... Well, since you refuse to check what I said (which is all true, backed by real science, not your eyes) it was accurate.

I couldnt care less about your "real science" and rather care about my own experience, and what i have seen with my own eyes, and that includes having seen people who get motion sick when they are playing QL with just 60hz, wheres your science in such cases? And the one circle jerking is you, basically saying that certain products are unnecessary because you dont know how to take advantage of them, its like saying Soccer shoes are unnecessary because i can run with sneakers just fine.

I maintain... Get over yourself. Not everyone is you.

I actually think that you are just in complete denial because you dont perform well in video games, if you cant tell the difference between 125hz polling and 500hz, i would suggest to see a doctor because something is wrong with you.

It is getting OT but i am going to let this drag on.

It was you who has challenged the idea of gaming peripherals.

And yet there are better performing options for a lower price tag, so it doesnt even matter, especially considering that OP never stated that he needs wireless.

That contradicts what you said before, doing "proper settings" wouldnt be necessary if humans are blind moles with parkinsons.

I couldnt care less about your "real science" and rather care about my own experience, and what i have seen with my own eyes, and that includes having seen people who get motion sick when they are playing QL with just 60hz, wheres your science in such cases? And the one circle jerking is you, basically saying that certain products are unnecessary because you dont know how to take advantage of them, its like saying Soccer shoes are unnecessary because i can run with sneakers just fine.

I actually think that you are just in complete denial because you dont perform well in video games, if you cant tell the difference between 125hz polling and 500hz, i would suggest to see a doctor because something is wrong with you.

1. I am not going to let this drag on. This is going to be my final response to you.
  2. I challenged it because too many people on this forum have their head up their asses about gaming, when not everyone uses their computers just for that. Surely you must understand that computers can do MUCH more than just let you repeatedly kill the same idiots in the same game 6 billion times a year.
  3. I didn't recommend the mouse for its wireless capabilities... I recommended it BECAUSE IT IS LARGE ENOUGH TO ACCOMMODATE LARGER HANDS!!!!! FFS!

4. I never said everyone was blind. Follow the link I posted at the bottom of my post where I broke down the numbers. I didn't just make this stuff up.
  5. You couldn't care less about real science because you are an ignorant gametard who desperately needs more to do in his life. Science trumps one person's opinions.
  6. I do just fine in games, I just have no desire to play FPS games with whiny kids like you. I gave up trying to deal with that crap when puberty hit, and that was long ago. 21 years old and acting like a spoiled child... I'm not impressed.

The bottom line here, is that you need to educate yourself, rather than just sit around buying all the crap these companies shove down your throat. I don't know, maybe you actually are a member of that gaming league or whatever, and maybe all this is because you have to push their overpriced gimmicks in order to maintain your sponsorships. Your attitude and condescension thus far have proven my original assumption about you being a PCMR kiddy 100% correct. Go back to drooling over trick-shot montages and leave the rest of the real world alone.

~Cynical~

Im really not sure if this guy is trolling, or is this normal in NA?

It's pretty normal. Almost everyone defends and recommends what they have and sometimes even get offended when somebody doesn't agree with their opinion.  

@cynicaldriver

if all your gaming involves clicking on cows in Farmville or cards in Hearthstone, then yes, there will be almost no difference. Try playing a game like CS GO or Quake Live at a decent level with the mice you suggested and then we'll talk.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

It's pretty normal. Almost everyone defends and recommends what they have and sometimes even get offended when somebody doesn't agree with their opinion.  

Generally, I don't recommend stuff I haven't at least held in my hand when it comes to mice. There's only so much that you can tell from photos and videos and any PR shots from the manufacturers themselves are literally useless (e.g. IME3.0 looked nothing like the photos on the MS website). But all you need is one look at people recommending the G502 or DeathAdder to see that there's tons of people who will recommend whatever they own. Having choice is important, so if I see a lot of people hawking G502s or DeathAdders, I'll drop in with a mention for Zowie or something.

Plenty of people have gone through the experience of upgrading from an office grade mouse to a gaming one simply because the office mouse had a sensor that wasn't good enough.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.