Good mouse for someone with larger hands?

Profoundsoup

Zowie ZA11.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It's pretty normal. Almost everyone defends and recommends what they have and sometimes even get offended when somebody doesn't agree with their opinion.  

@cynicaldriver

if all your gaming involves clicking on cows in Farmville or cards in Hearthstone, then yes, there will be almost no difference. Try playing a game like CS GO or Quake Live at a decent level with the mice you suggested and then we'll talk.

Why is it that you all think people who don't spend thousands of dollars on super-gaming rigs only play farmville?

My Steam List:

Binding of Isaac

Borderlands 2

Burnout: Paradise

Cities XL Platinum

Cities: Skylines

Crysis 2 Maximum

Democracy 3

Deus Ex: HR

Skyrim

Fable

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout 3 - GOTY

Fallout 4

Fallout Tactics

Fallout NV

Fieldrunners

FTL

Garry's Mod

GTA V

Lego Movie

Lego Worlds

LIMBO

MOH

MGSV: PP

Mirror's Edge

Osmos

Saints Row 2

Saints Row The Third

Saints Row IV

Civ V

Civ BE

Sim City 4

Terraria

Watch Dogs

Witcher 1

Witcher 2

Witcher 3

Non-Steam:

Farcry 4

Minecraft

Command & Conquer (all of them)

Dead Space

Dead Space 3

SimCity 2000 SE

SimCity (2013 - This game was a travesty, and the reason I no longer buy EA games)

There's a ton more that I have bought over the years.

I do not play Farmville, or any Facebook games for that matter.

I am not some middle-aged housewife.

I just don't understand the mentality of "gotta have the best of teh bestest, cause 1337." I have better things to spend my money on, like adult bills.

*Edit* And I actually do some research before making statements of facts, rather than just blurting out things that people like to hear.

~Cynical~

List of games

You just proved his point with your selection, ´which includes mostly casual and singleplayer games.

I just don't understand the mentality of "gotta have the best of teh bestest, cause 1337." I have better things to spend my money on, like adult bills.

Then why would you recommend office mice with a MSRP of 100 dollars?

*Edit* And I actually do some research before making statements of facts, rather than just blurting out things that people like to hear.

Obviously you are not doing a well enough research, because your statements are not facts, they are false information. Thinking you are well educated on the subject makes you ignorant. As @woll3 said, your game list consists of mostly casual titles, where precision isn't mandatory.

I've played games with both office mice like the MX Master and gaming ones. There is definitely a difference between them in games where precision and accuracy is required. A lot of people who have upgraded also feel the difference in the better sensor. Quit spreading misinformation.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Obviously you are not doing a well enough research, because your statements are not facts, they are false information. Thinking you are well educated on the subject makes you ignorant. As @woll3 said, your game list consists of mostly casual titles, where precision isn't mandatory.

I've played games with both office mice like the MX Master and gaming ones. There is definitely a difference between them in games where precision and accuracy is required. A lot of people who have upgraded also feel the difference in the better sensor. Quit spreading misinformation.

I didn't read woll3's response, because I am done with him. I made no bones about the fact that I have little interest in playing competitive FPS multiplayer, but that does not translate to Farmville ffs. Farmville can be played with a freakin' track-pad on a netbook!

As far as calling me uneducated, maybe you should educate yourself before telling other people they don't know what they are talking about. This will now be my final response to you as well. I am tired of talking to brick walls who have resigned themselves to placebo effect syndrome. The truth is, it varies between each person, because of biology and DNA variances, but the averages remain pretty much the same. There has actually been quite a bit of research on the human eye, critical flicker fusion, hz, FPS, and how that relates to film, games, and TV. Your personal opinion simply doesn't matter, because you are only basing it off your own perceptions, not proof, averages, or science.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1vy3qe/how_many_frames_per_second_can_the_eye_see/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826883/figure/F2/

http://xcorr.net/2011/11/20/whats-the-maximal-frame-rate-humans-can-perceive/

http://nerdist.com/your-brain-has-a-frame-rate-and-its-pretty-slow/

http://gizmodo.com/why-frame-rate-matters-1675153198

http://accidentalscientist.com/2014/12/why-movies-look-weird-at-48fps-and-games-are-better-at-60fps-and-the-uncanny-valley.html (Careful, they use maths, you may not like that.)

I am sure you will read none of that and reply some more BS about how I am a casual gamer who doesn't matter, but as of right now I just can't be bothered to care about you any longer. Have a nice life in Ignorancia.

~Cynical~

I didn't read woll3's response, because I am done with him. I made no bones about the fact that I have little interest in playing competitive FPS multiplayer, but that does not translate to Farmville ffs. Farmville can be played with a freakin' track-pad on a netbook!

You need to calm down. What @woll3 and @Pandalf said was that if you're not feeling the difference, then you're most likely not playing games that push your hardware to the edge. Or you're not playing those games  at a level where they get pushed that far. And as it turns out, you list of games is, indeed, mostly games that will never be pushing hardware.

This is not a bad thing. It just means that you haven't had the experience yourself. Whether you have experienced something or not is irrelevant to the discussion. However, individual experience is absolutely crucial to the individual in question. Statistically, a single datapoint is an anomaly, possibly a curiosity. But if you are that datapoint, it's your whole experience; it's all that matters.

As far as calling me uneducated, maybe you should educate yourself before telling other people they don't know what they are talking about. This will now be my final response to you as well. I am tired of talking to brick walls who have resigned themselves to placebo effect syndrome. The truth is, it varies between each person, because of biology and DNA variances, but the averages remain pretty much the same. There has actually been quite a bit of research on the human eye, critical flicker fusion, hz, FPS, and how that relates to film, games, and TV. Your personal opinion simply doesn't matter, because you are only basing it off your own perceptions, not proof, averages, or science.

I think you're confused here. You keep talking about physically seeing the difference. Reaction speed is not the same as sight. Heck, in a lot of cases, it's not even about reaction speed, it's simply about the physical ability to move a mouse faster than the sensor inside can track. A lot of the links that you posted are not about what we truly see, but rather try to frame our sight as a frame rate, which is not how eyes work. It's a valid angle of research, but that does not mean it's what is actually happening.

I have a few mice in my house. Some of them I refuse to use in some video games (CSGO being one of them) because I find myself flicking the mouse at a speed where the sensor stops tracking. Me being physically able to do that has nothing to do with what I can see or react to. It just happens that there's a setting in which that situation arises frequently, thus making it an issue.

Also, averages are a fucking bad indicator of anything. An average is a theoretical figure that most likely does not appear in reality at all; There is no "average person". If you're interpreting statistical data, then you would be far better served with something like a median, which is an actual member of your dataset and has a far more indicative meaning: It's the exact middle point of your dataset, there's an equinumerous amount of datapoints below and above it.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.