Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Fortunately, all keyboards have standard key spacing, so it's really not all that difficult to make a CAD for a keyboard plate... (GeekHack has a good resource, and there's also swill's plate builder tool.) You could just take a CAD for a board plate, and extend all dimensions by 1-2mm. Honestly, I'd just build a new board if I were trying to do something like this. It would likely come out better.

You could harvest switches and pcb/controller, and make a New plate to go into desk.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 minutes ago, spwath said:

You could harvest switches and pcb/controller, and make a New plate to go into desk.

But harvesting switches is such a pain in the butt. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

But harvesting switches is such a pain in the butt. 

harvesting switches is fine assuming you have some simple tools anyways but the first keyboard I desoldered I managed with just a cheap soldering iron lol

1 hour ago, Charger said:

harvesting switches is fine assuming you have some simple tools anyways but the first keyboard I desoldered I managed with just a cheap soldering iron lol

Then you did something I am apparently not capable of. For some reason, keyboards are the only thing that really give me trouble with desoldering. Other PCBs, Transmitter switches, etc. give me no trouble. Give me a keyboard switch though, and I'm in a world of hurt.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On 02/06/2016 at 3:38 AM, TheProfosist said:

*Snip*

Hey, I saw you post within the 120x cherry springs thread on Massdrop. I wanted to ask you why these springs/ changing springs seams such a big thing? Is there any improvement of taking my current cherry stock springs out and putting these gold plated ones instead at the same weight? Or are these for people who want to change their blue's into the weights of greens?

28 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

Hey, I saw you post within the 120x cherry springs thread on Massdrop. I wanted to ask you why these springs/ changing springs seams such a big thing? Is there any improvement of taking my current cherry stock springs out and putting these gold plated ones instead at the same weight? Or are these for people who want to change their blue's into the weights of greens?

i see no point in it unless you are changing the weight. @TheProfosist almost always puts springs in mx clears so it will change how they feel

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

i see no point in it unless you are changing the weight. @TheProfosist almost always puts springs in mx clears so it will change how they feel

I was mainly looking at the thread and wondering why there was so much hype over it! I was mainly looking at whether I should be on it or not really haha!

4 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

I was mainly looking at the thread and wondering why there was so much hype over it! I was mainly looking at whether I should be on it or not really haha!

i think alot of it is people sticker and lube them and feel like they may as well swap springs. I have changed springs in 2 keyboards I built for others as well as putting clear springs in vintage black switched for a build I never finished.

On 7/2/2016 at 9:27 AM, the pokemon kid said:

Or are these for people who want to change their blue's into the weights of greens?

More or less.... 

Need to get some MX clear plungers. Browns with 80g springs do not feeling very tactile.

Anyone know where I can just get the plungers for cheap? 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

And I'm just sitting here waiting for my new keyboard to come...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

17 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

And I'm just sitting here waiting for my new keyboard to come...

I'm waiting for me to finish soldering my keyboard.

20160628_184834.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

9 minutes ago, spwath said:

I'm waiting for me to finish soldering my keyboard.

im waiting for me to finish mine lol

pMWEUQih.jpg

grqTu1Ch.jpg

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

im waiting for me to finish mine lol

grqTu1Ch.jpg

What is that weird round hole on the right?

1 minute ago, spwath said:

What is that weird round hole on the right?

its a hole for a guide bushing for a big ass enter key

1 minute ago, Charger said:

its a hole for a guide bushing for a big ass enter key

ah, interesting.

1 minute ago, spwath said:

ah, interesting.

ya i was hoping the big ass enter I bought would have a dummy switch there but nope the one I got worked kind of like the steelseries 7G and 6GV2

YRqaROch.jpg

18 hours ago, Charger said:

ya i was hoping the big ass enter I bought would have a dummy switch there but nope the one I got worked kind of like the steelseries 7G and 6GV2

YRqaROch.jpg

That's also how the spacebar works on the AEKII

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Guess I can post here. Have had my pok3r LED for a bit now. Ended up getting it so I can move my mouse after replacing my trackball.

Has black switches with white leds. 

4e0858901b.jpg

Yes I know its a mess

Blarg

On 7/7/2016 at 8:06 PM, wolfgang said:

Guess I can post here. Have had my pok3r LED for a bit now. Ended up getting it so I can move my mouse after replacing my trackball.

Has black switches with white leds. 

4e0858901b.jpg

Yes I know its a mess

I mean, my desk has a (partially disassembled) 4 stroke .61 size RC motor on it. I wouldn't really call that all that messy

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Was going to make a new thread for this question but this might be a better place to do that.. 

Looking to buy O-rings for my keyboard. I have a CMStorm Quickfire-TK (Browns). Been thinking about getting orings for a while, and i haven't for two reasons: 1: price, can never find them at a decent price. 2: There a lot of different measurements for thickness, OD/ID etc and i dont know how much any of that actually matters. There was a logitech keyboard with browns and o-rings i really tired that i liked. I dont remember what it was, but i loved the feel of that keyboard and want to replicate it. Anybody know what o-rings those were, or can give me any more info on o-rings?

I am whatever I am. 

18 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I mean, my desk has a (partially disassembled) 4 stroke .61 size RC motor on it. I wouldn't really call that all that messy

This was my room at one point (no longer, i fixed it)

20160424_160338.jpg

5 hours ago, spwath said:

This was my room at one point (no longer, i fixed it)

20160424_160338.jpg

Youch. 

I got my new board in today. I'm loving it so far... It's not super high end, but it'll be a great board for me to take to college without having to worry about it too terribly much. It's the new RGB Varmilo 68 key board. I'll post some photos tomorrow. The thing looks pretty darn good right now. I just wish that it had media keys (which it might. I just don't know about them)

Hey! New SIgnature!