Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

That's 165€ before shipping though, if I was spending that much, I'd probably just get the Code Keyboard over on massdrop. I do like the layout with the large enter key though

Basically anything you like the look of and has the switches and layout you want will work fine for you.

Some of us here tend to use custom keyboards that are not cheap. I have not used an off the shelf mechanical keyboard for more then a few days. I think my perspective of what a lot of money for a keyboard is these days has been skewed because I will be putting together 2 keyboards for a member here that he has paid at least $1400 just for the parts to the keyboards and I recently made a keyboard for someone else that cost $500 just for the parts for another member.

Basically anything you like the look of and has the switches and layout you want will work fine for you.

Some of us here tend to use custom keyboards that are not cheap. I have not used an off the shelf mechanical keyboard for more then a few days. I think my perspective of what a lot of money for a keyboard is these days has been skewed because I will be putting together 2 keyboards for a member here that he has paid at least $1400 just for the parts to the keyboards and I recently made a keyboard for someone else that cost $500 just for the parts for another member.

Well I assume you're wise enough to realize those aren't the average mechanical keyboard users and most people won't go over 300 for a keyboard. The sole fact they get a custom keyboard already kind of should have told you that. In my eyes, under 100 is budget, 100-200 is mid tier, 200-300 is high tier and anything above 300 is "shit, you rich son"

Well I assume you're wise enough to realize those aren't the average mechanical keyboard users and most people won't go over 300 for a keyboard. The sole fact they get a custom keyboard already kind of should have told you that. In my eyes, under 100 is budget, 100-200 is mid tier, 200-300 is high tier and anything above 300 is "shit, you rich son"

my experience on this forum is people have no problem with a close to $100 mouse but they think you are crazy for spending more then $50 on a keyboard. Then there is a decent number of people in this thread that have no problem with $400+ keyboards. I view $100-$200 and the low end of mechanical keyboards where the default recommendation is basically a corsair k70 or a ducky.

my experience on this forum is people have no problem with a close to $100 mouse but they think you are crazy for spending more then $50 on a keyboard. Then there is a decent number of people in this thread that have no problem with $400+ keyboards. I view $100-$200 and the low end of mechanical keyboards where the default recommendation is basically a corsair k70 or a ducky.

So true about the $100 mouse and $50 rubber dome keyboard :P

(Says the guy with a collection of Korean boards...)

Looks like my keyboard wont end up being too expensive however.

50$ for plates, 50$ for two teensies, then assorted other things, 50$ tops.

The switches I got free with my police computer, though I payed 70$ for that.

And I am talking to a family friend this weekend who owns a metal shop, ill see if I can get some even cheaper plates from him.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Looks like my keyboard wont end up being too expensive however.

50$ for plates, 50$ for two teensies, then assorted other things, 50$ tops.

The switches I got free with my police computer, though I payed 70$ for that.

And I am talking to a family friend this weekend who owns a metal shop, ill see if I can get some even cheaper plates from him.

ya you can some times end up making them for relatively cheap but it adds up. Alot of people will get switches, springs, stickers, lube, switch tops, orings as well as a plate, case, pcb, keycaps, custom usb cables, leds, resistors, diodes (which you will also need)

ya you can some times end up making them for relatively cheap but it adds up. Alot of people will get switches, springs, stickers, lube, switch tops, orings as well as a plate, case, pcb, keycaps, custom usb cables, leds, resistors, diodes (which you will also need)

OH yeah, keycaps, forgot about thoes, they are kinda neccicary.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Quickfire Rapid 

Cherry MX Black :)

7789216abb.gif

Live Gloriously

Die Heroically  

Hmm sounds like you are listing off the parts list for my LZGH [emoji14]

Ducky Shine 3 White Edition w/PBT Blank Pink and White Caps(Cherry MX Brown Flavor)

Was listed on mechanical keyboards as a Custom with dead LED's I bit the bullet and went for it. 

I received a brand new Shine 3 white edition that is 100% working as well as an order of keycaps for 140$ USD

c06629804f.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Looks like my family friend may be able to make the plates, and I may get to help out/watch them being made

water jet or laser cut?

Im not sure

My Ducky Shine 3 is still going strong after a year, Brown Switches + Magenta LED's. Unfortunately no custom keycaps yet and the LED on the "D" key has stopped working :(

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

Got a steelseries 6Gv2 a while back. And now that i'm used to MX blacks i don't mind it too much. (Still miss MX reds though)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Newest addition to my keyboard collection

how you finding it, 

I was on one the other day and its mech keys feel very very funny. Very different from my MX Reds. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

how you finding it, 

I was on one the other day and its mech keys feel very very funny. Very different from my MX Reds.

So far I really like the o-ring and MX Brown combination. The keys feel light yet tactile to press and the o-rings reduce the travel distance and remove the harsh bottoming out feel and noise. Also the keyboard feels really solid so no complaints so far.

Some people have reported having brittle keycaps on the G710+ and the board has a non-standard bottom row which makes it harder to get aftermarket replacement keycaps for.

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

I've ordered the G710+ online and i am eager to get it and start using it. It will be my first mechanical keyboard.

Got a steelseries 6Gv2 a while back. And now that i'm used to MX blacks i don't mind it too much. (Still miss MX reds though)

I dont get why yo uwould miss MX reds they are way way way too light. Also you could have gotten that board in reds if you really wanted. Either way its a super solid bare bones board if you can get over the small layout quirks.

I dont get why yo uwould miss MX reds they are way way way too light. Also you could have gotten that board in reds if you really wanted. Either way its a super solid bare bones board if you can get over the small layout quirks.

Bought it in a store where they only had the MX black variant. And i thought. "Meh. Why not"

It isn't a bad keyboard. But since i write a lot i prefer reds because of their lightness.

My fingers get kind of stiff after i've typed a lot on the mx blacks

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Bought it in a store where they only had the MX black variant. And i thought. "Meh. Why not"

It isn't a bad keyboard. But since i write a lot i prefer reds because of their lightness.

My fingers get kind of stiff after i've typed a lot on the mx blacks

You'll get used to it after a week or two. You probably still trying to mash it and bottom it out even though it's heavier since that is what you were used to doing with Reds.

You'll get used to it after a week or two. You probably still trying to mash it and bottom it out even though it's heavier since that is what you were used to doing with Reds.

I've had it over a month. Not bottoming out :/

I'm used to just giving the keys a light tap so that it just registers the keystroke.

I've had it over a month. Not bottoming out :/

I'm used to just giving the keys a light tap so that it just registers the keystroke.

I rest my fingers on reds and they depress...