Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

@Charger would .05" be too thin for an aluminum plate, it should be .059", but if it is .05" i can get the plates made for free

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@Charger would .05" be too thin for an aluminum plate, it should be .059", but if it is .05" i can get the plates made for free

you can probably make it work for free lol you may just need to add some hot glue to hold the switches better which in general isnt that bad of an idea when a no pcb built as it is. I almost used some of that last night to make a numpad for my 40% but I found some .065 that I went with instead since I had it on hand. I just need to do some hand work to get my plate to work better since I made it at home on my diy cnc router lol

cutting it in this really poor cell phone pic lol

ZOfdFg4l.jpg

I8HdgLM.jpg

Here are my 3 babies ( i also have a quickfire tk blue which i dont have a pic of cause i never use it) As shown by order , Logitech G410 , Steelseries 6Gv2( black) , Quickfire Rapid-i ( brown).

QP0TbKE.jpg

hzHMlF9.jpg?1

dapFPBX.jpg

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

What do you think, should I jump on the granite DSA set from signiture plastics on massdrop right now?
If i bought the base, pro modifiers, and ergodox modifiers, i would have a complete set of labled keycaps, for 101$ including shipping.

What do you think @Charger @TheProfosist

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-keycap-set

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

What do you think, should I jump on the granite DSA set from signiture plastics on massdrop right now?

If i bought the base, pro modifiers, and ergodox modifiers, i would have a complete set of labled keycaps, for 101$ including shipping.

if you are getting free plates it kind of makes up for that price lol

if you are getting free plates it kind of makes up for that price lol

Yeah. If i ordered the Keycaps from signiture plastics it would be about 80$, but then i wouldn't have ledgends for the modifiers. But im not sure,i might want want to do that.

As long as you dont mind short cylindrical keycaps.

As long as you dont mind short cylindrical keycaps.

Dsa is the only thing that will work for my custom layout

Dsa is the only thing that will work for my custom layout

not necessarily true but easiest for sure.

Yeah. Easiest, and only way to get legends on every key.

I think i might order the set.

far easier building a layout around caps then trying to find caps in odd sizes for different rows

got the k65 :) glad to be here

now that I have alps keycaps on hand I guess I need to buy slps switches soon

I asked Matias for some to review. They sent me 2 quiet click and two click for free. Get about 50 people to do that for you and you have your switches.

I asked Matias for some to review. They sent me 2 quiet click and two click for free. Get about 50 people to do that for you and you have your switches.

seems like less work to just buy them and their stabilizers lol

seems like less work to just buy them and their stabilizers lol

Probably.

But when they send you the switches you get a nice white textured cardboard box. Pretty.

Hmm, I just relized, since I have these 4 matias switches, I could put them on my keyboard. It would be kind of stupid to have all blacks, and then one different, but I might find a use for it, if I put it somewhere usefull.

Has anyone tried the Monoprice Blue Keyboard? It seems to be the cheapest mechanical keyboard. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13785

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

@Charger, another question, the machine shop said "Something to think about;  when we cut out a square hole the corners will not be square but will have a radius ½ the diameter of the cutter.  We could us a 1/8” or a 1/16” diameter cutter.  If you need the square corners or fine detail, because the material is aluminum you can file the corner square fairly easily." Does that matter? Or would it be fine if I add hot glue to hold the switches like you said?

@Charger, another question, the machine shop said "Something to think about;  when we cut out a square hole the corners will not be square but will have a radius ½ the diameter of the cutter.  We could us a 1/8” or a 1/16” diameter cutter.  If you need the square corners or fine detail, because the material is aluminum you can file the corner square fairly easily." Does that matter? Or would it be fine if I add hot glue to hold the switches like you said?

as they pointed out you will probably need to take a file to them. The only way to avoid that would be to go and edit the files so they are designed to end up with a square cutout by over cutting the corners or having it laser cut

with thin aluminum it will be relatively fast to file the corners but its probably best to try to get them to cut it out with a 1/16 endmill just so you end up with less to clean up (assuming they will do it for the same free price since it will probably take a little longer to cut that way) lol

as they pointed out you will probably need to take a file to them. The only way to avoid that would be to go and edit the files so they are designed to end up with a square cutout by over cutting the corners or having it laser cut

with thin aluminum it will be relatively fast to file the corners but its probably best to try to get them to cut it out with a 1/16 endmill just so you end up with less to clean up (assuming they will do it for the same free price since it will probably take a little longer to cut that way) lol

Ok, thanks. It will probably be made this weekend, and I'll get to watch it go along

Has anyone tried the Monoprice Blue Keyboard? It seems to be the cheapest mechanical keyboard. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13785

@Charger had one

So i had a CMStorm Quickfire XT with Reds and really loved it, than bought for the GF a Razer Blackwidow (Older model so got CherryMX) with blues. And I really must say for CS:GO I'm loving the blues over the reds so much. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just let a coworker take home my Royal Kludge to test out. I might sell it too him. Was typing on it at work and I'm like damn this is a nice board.

Here are my boards, id like to get a TKL or a 60%/75% board soon, but they are so hard to find with iso layout tho :wacko:

Ducky Premier (MX Browns), rocking the white/blue setup right now http://imgur.com/a/ZynZ2

Rosewill RK-9000I (MX Blues) http://imgur.com/a/ViWoh

Func KB-460 (MX Blues) http://i.imgur.com/rE5tcQB.jpg

Gigabyte Z97P-D3 | i5-4670K @ 4.2GHz  Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | XFX R9 290X Core w/ Arctic Cooling Xtreme IV @ 1170/1615 | 2x4 GB HyperX Blu | 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD | Bitfenix Merc Alpha | Ducky Premier w/ mx browns and white blank keycaps | FUNC KB-460 w/ blues | G502 | Sennheiser HD 449 http://i.imgur.com/nIPuZcA.jpg

Bnet: opl1vion#2623