How do you eat steaks?

as96

Well-done. Don't like it when it gets all chewy and won't come apart. A lot of times I've had to pull the steak back out of my throat with my teeth to stop me from choking. Cooking it all the way through fixes that.

Medium if I'm eating at a place that knows how to properly prepare a steak...

well done otherwise...

Well-done. Don't like it when it gets all chewy and won't come apart. A lot of times I've had to pull the steak back out of my throat with my teeth to stop me from choking. Cooking it all the way through fixes that.

Too much information man, too much.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Too much information man, too much.

Welcome to Off Topic! Where too much information is only too much if a topic gets locked!

Just tellin' it like it is :D I guarantee you there's someone else here that secretly has the same issue with cooked meat.

with a knife and fork?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I do sometimes appreciate the slight crisp crunch of a carbonized outside, when it's been slightly excellently-done, and all the nasty tallow and fat has been blasted out of it.

I do sometimes appreciate the slight crisp crunch of a carbonized outside, when it's been slightly excellently-done, and all the nasty tallow and fat has been blasted out of it.

Sounds like you've only ever had really shit steaks to be honest with you. That said, we're all entitled to our opinions and our tastes, so I won't hold it against you (even though you're committing steak blasphemy)

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Sounds like you've only ever had really shit steaks to be honest with you. That said, we're all entitled to our opinions and our tastes, so I won't hold it against you (even though you're committing steak blasphemy)

You mistake me, my friend. I ask for these things.

No option for blue? Anything beyond blue is ruined for me.

Isn't that basically raw? 

You don't have an option for less cooked than rare. I feel left out.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Isn't that basically raw?

No not at all. If done right the outside is cooked to kill any harmful stuff and the inside is super tender and tasty

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Burnt.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

If my mom is cooking, blue. (Because she burns everything). Restraint, I like a nice rare steak. Cooked outside. Nice tender inside.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

If I'm at a restaurant, I'll go medium rare.  It's going to sit for a few before it gets to the table, so it will cool for a bit.  If I'm at home, I make it rare as I'm going to eat it right away.

I don't trust people much, so I get Medium/Medium-Well.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.