MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Update

Hey guys, due to popular demand, I would like to present to you:

TJ0720_zpsd73b8b99.jpg

Something that might work? I am still fairly attached to the open fan solution though ;)

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Update

TJ0720_zpsd73b8b99.jpg

Something that might work? I am still fairly attached to the open fan solution though ;)

MetallicAcid

Looks good IMO but what about thicker gaps and thicker "lines" but open is good too :)

I must be the only one who likes the second design, it's clean and streamline, but your latest design is pretty nice too

I must be the only one who likes the second design, it's clean and streamline, but your latest design is pretty nice too

Update

MetallicAcid

I like this one and #4

Oke, open fans are just awesome - altho, they most likely get alot off dust on them quickly. But I really do like the looks off that. 
Then I saw a few off your idea's and was like 'Why not both?' 

I dont have the option to make my own renders so you have to do with paint! Here is what I tought off. 

I am not sure if you should remove the middle line completely, or keep it there. I aswell have no idea how diffucult this is to do! But I quite like it haha. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Oke, open fans are just awesome - altho, they most likely get alot off dust on them quickly. But I really do like the looks off that. 

I dont have the option to make my own renders so you have to do with paint! Here is what I tought off. 

I am not sure if you should remove the middle line completely, or keep it there. I aswell have no idea how diffucult this is to do! But I quite like it haha. 

I think whichever choice he makes is going to get tons of dust since he's not using dust filters :(.

Looks good IMO but what about thicker gaps and thicker "lines" but open is good too :)

You are the second person to suggest so. I am thinking of doing as you suggest very soon, if time permits :P

There are a few others on other forums who also like the second option :)

I like this one and #4

Option 4 is still my favourite! I think I might go with this one, with just a small change I will present to everyone a little later when I get some free time to do the render.

I think whichever choice he makes is going to get tons of dust since he's not using dust filters :(.

There will be dust filters :) I want to stick some magnetic flexible filters to the inside of each door where the mesh is. 

Thanks all for comments and support guys. and 46 followers! WOW!

MetallicAcid

I like your idea. But I would really like to have the lines lit up from start to finish, and that is almost impossible with the res being in the way :( But I will have a think about how to have both the res and the line, with it being lit up. There must be a way!

MetallicAcid

just make it already :P

I like the holes cutout as well but you'd need to have a filter over them. Might be clean if you just had one of those magnetic dust filters but fix it on the inside of the panel instead of over the outside?

It seems like most of you guys are thinking that these rad designs are the door designs. But there will be a normal TJ07 side panel with window and mesh air vent, and then with a magnetic dust filter on the inside :)

MetallicAcid

It seems like most of you guys are thinking that these rad designs are the door designs. But there will be a normal TJ07 side panel with window and mesh air vent, and then with a magnetic dust filter on the inside :)

MetallicAcid

I was JUST about to ask just that. In that case I think you should defenitly stay with the open design for the fans. And then maybe do something with the side panel :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Update

MetallicAcid

i'd like to see thinner lines and thinner gaps

although that might be very flimsy

What do you plan on using to cover up the celler and drive bays, Acrylic?
Also for the sidepanel, I think you should concider using this design: TJ0717_zps0e1e4c82.jpg

But, if it doesn't get too difficult to work with, you could use a thinner design, and yes, slab a magnetic filter on the back :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I was JUST about to ask just that. In that case I think you should defenitly stay with the open design for the fans. And then maybe do something with the side panel :)

:) My side panels are both without windows, so I can make the windows what ever shape or size I want :D

TJ0716_zps015557f7.jpg

I Love this original idea, it's unique and has some classy look to it !
Great Work, Looking Forward to it...

Thanks for the input mate! This is my favourite so far ;)

I am still with the 4th option

You sir, have great taste!

i'd like to see thinner lines and thinner gaps

although that might be very flimsy

I don't think that I can go with thinner lines. Each cut out is just 6mm thick according to the renders. Anything less and I will have no structural integrity, and it will look messy.

What do you plan on using to cover up the celler and drive bays, Acrylic?

Also for the sidepanel, I think you should concider using this design: TJ0717_zps0e1e4c82.jpg

But, if it doesn't get too difficult to work with, you could use a thinner design, and yes, slab a magnetic filter on the back :)

Once again, thanks for the input. The 5.25" bay will be made with aluminium. I will consider this design on the door :)

MetallicAcid

I also think just naked fans look best

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Update

I had a little free time last night, so I started working in alternate design ideas for the front plate which sits in front of the reservoir. What do you guys think?

TJ0721_zpsbbcd2400.jpg

And since the last update, I am playing with the idea of having plexiglass blocks with red backplates. I like what I see so far!

TJ0722_zps2b2d2295.jpg

As always, I am open for questions and feedback :)

MetallicAcid

Update

I had a little free time last night, so I started working in alternate design ideas for the front plate which sits in front of the reservoir. What do you guys think?

TJ0721_zpsbbcd2400.jpg

And since the last update, I am playing with the idea of having plexiglass blocks with red backplates. I like what I see so far!

TJ0722_zps2b2d2295.jpg

As always, I am open for questions and feedback :)
MetallicAcid

So sexy!

I love the far right front plate idea. The three connected "vains" one.

Those backplates are gorgeous too! I think this is my favourite so far :)

So sleek.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715