MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

I thought you sad on FB you were going with a full block mobo+CPU ?

But still beauty :)

No No No

It would've been cool if you got the full-board block for the R4BE. It would make the loop cleaner and look cooler, but the gold is nice.

I'm a bit worried that the CPU area will look crowded

with all the tubing but I have faith in you Mr. Metallic

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

You've probably been asked this tonnes of times but what rendering software(s) do you use because everyone of them is awesome.

I wholeheartedly approve of your choice of motherboard :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing this whole project come together!

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Thanks everyone for sticking around ;)

I have given the strong recommendation to Demis that he buys the fullcover block for the R4BE (Motherboard) to help clean up the area. If he does (which he probably will) I will have a nice routing surprise for you guys and girls! Both Demis and I really like the gold though so it is a tough choice..

The cable routing holes are actually from Cold Zero @d33g33, the config can be specified and ordered when you buy their motherboard tray and/or extension plate! Top quality stuff, and I highly recommend it! They sell parts for many major cases including light midplates, motherboard trays, grills, rad covers etc.

Well hopefully see you sooner rather than later with another hardware update!

/Justin.

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Is FT03 Extreme still in progress? I haven't seen an update for a while. Either that, or my browser forced an unsubscribe.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Is FT03 Extreme still in progress? I haven't seen an update for a while. Either that, or my browser forced an unsubscribe.

It is still very much in progress.. I have an update for that build coming tonight, within the next 6 hours or so ;) ;) :D

A small teaser:

untitled-8-2_zps472d3bfc.jpg

Best regards,

Justin.

It is still very much in progress.. I have an update for that build coming tonight, within the next 6 hours or so ;) ;) :D

A small teaser:

untitled-8-2_zps472d3bfc.jpg

Best regards,

Justin.

OK. 2 questions:

1. I thought you were watercooling it, no?

2. When was the last update?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If you Guys really like the gold so mutch try gold fittings (colour)

And what is that air cooler doing down there ?

No No No

OK. 2 questions:

1. I thought you were watercooling it, no?

2. When was the last update?

Yes the FT03 will be watercooled. I am just waiting on a decision from EKWB if they are going to sponsor that project. If not, then I will then order the parts required.

The last update for the FT03 was around a week or so ago. It was made when I had finished painting the radiator, the brackets, and the entire case carbon black, then built the case and radiator together.

If you Guys really like the gold so mutch try gold fittings (colour)

And what is that air cooler doing down there ?

We are considering using chromed pipe with silver fittings. Painting the pipe carbon matte black is also on the table :)

Best regards,

Justin.

We are considering using chromed pipe with silver fittings. Painting the pipe carbon matte black is also on the table :)

Best regards,

Justin.

That is the only thing on the table!! No more questions. I have decided!

Please?

l-lovely.jpg

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Yeeah renders :)

EDIT: just seen on FB the teaser product sweet :) evrybody go to metalacid custom's on FB you get early pics :-)

No No No

How do you get sponsored for builds? I never really understood how someone gets sponsored for builds...

Yeeah renders :)

EDIT: just seen on FB the teaser product sweet :) evrybody go to metalacid custom's on FB you get early pics :-)

:) I have to say that I did not bribe Kittke to say this :P

How do you get sponsored for builds? I never really understood how someone gets sponsored for builds...

It is very tough. Some I asked, and some came to me. What matters most in presentation of the work log, and the products therein. Hope this makes sense!

Best regards,

Justin

Ok so basically, do project builds for people and the better you do and the more you post on huge forums, the more of a chance you could get recognized? 

Another question, is how did you start out? If I could get sponsored for building computers, bro, I would be in a dream.

Ok so basically, do project builds for people and the better you do and the more you post on huge forums, the more of a chance you could get recognized? 

Another question, is how did you start out? If I could get sponsored for building computers, bro, I would be in a dream.

You can do 20 builds but if you don't present them nicely, then you won't have anyone interested in looking at your work. Presentation is everything, not the quantity! 

I do all of my modding at home, and some at work if it requires heavier power tools. I started just with an idea of replicating a line which was found on my motherboard:

Design_zpsbce60a8d.jpeg

Design10_zpsba0b628c.jpeg

29_zps58b9fc58.jpeg

I then invested time into learning photography (2 weeks) then it all took off from there. I still consider myself a novice, and always strive to learn something new. Hope this helps you!

Best regards,
Justin.

Hey man (van i call you Justin, apparently that's your name :) ),

I have a question a about that brushed aluminum looking plate with the led behind it. How did you get the light to shine through that nicely, did you just put an led strip in the middle or on the sides, or is there a little trick to it?

I'm wondering because the light shines surprisingly well through the line in the middle.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Okay but where do you start to do builds? I don't have the cash to make my own. That would be silly. Do I post on Craigslist or something for like a side job? Also, I don't have the tools required to machine stuff. Any way of getting around that?

Okay but where do you start to do builds? I don't have the cash to make my own. That would be silly. Do I post on Craigslist or something for like a side job? Also, I don't have the tools required to machine stuff. Any way of getting around that?

Save up money for you're first project

I waited almost 3 years not spending my Money to unneccesary things and now i have saved up over 3000$

No No No

Wow beautifull :-) <3

Thank you sir :)

Hey man (van i call you Justin, apparently that's your name :) ),

I have a question a about that brushed aluminum looking plate with the led behind it. How did you get the light to shine through that nicely, did you just put an led strip in the middle or on the sides, or is there a little trick to it?

I'm wondering because the light shines surprisingly well through the line in the middle.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Hey Marq, you may call me Justin :)

The LEDs are located directly under each line shining right up. in the second picture I had linked above you might be able to see the individual LEDs where the light is making a "blotchy" pattern along the lines. When the light brightness is turned down, the blotches are more noticeable.

There is also a layer of 4mm thick matte white acrylic sheet between the LEDs and the aluminium plate, to help disperse the light more evenly.

I hope this answers your question :)

I saved for 2 years to buy parts for my first build. I started small with just doing clean cable management and creating a colour theme. Then I started the modding with creating the light panels that you see above. I was then asked by a friend to build his Fractal Effect Node 304, then another friend asked me to build the TJ07 which I had designed for myself for him. I made some more money in the meantime, bought more tools, upgraded parts, honed my skills and started my FT03 project. 

If you create quality work people will come to you. It does not hurt to advertise yourself though through the forums and social media etc.

Save up money for you're first project

I waited almost 3 years not spending my Money to unneccesary things and now i have saved up over 3000$

Yep, the wait is the worst...

Thanks guys!

/Justin