MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Gold plating? Well seems you'll sacrifice a few degrees just for looks huh?

The plating should be thin enough that the effect will likely

not even be measurable, and extremely unlikely to be of actual

significance.

Hm, now that I think of it: Does anyone have any links for a

comparison between Nickel plated blocks and unplated blocks?

Some short googling hasn't given me any results.

Nickel has less than a third of Gold's thermal conductivity

(90.9 W·m−1·K−1 vs. 318 W·m−1·K−1, and 401 W·m−1·K−1

for copper, sources: Wikipedia articles). If the effect isn't

relevant for Nickel, it will surely be insignificant for Gold.

Unless I'm overlooking an error in my thought process. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The plating should be thin enough that the effect will likely

not even be measurable, and extremely unlikely to be of actual

significance.

Hm, now that I think of it: Does anyone have any links for a

comparison between Nickel plated blocks and unplated blocks?

Some short googling hasn't given me any results.

Nickel has less than a third of Gold's thermal conductivity

(90.9 W·m−1·K−1 vs. 318 W·m−1·K−1, and 401 W·m−1·K−1

for copper, sources: Wikipedia articles). If the effect isn't

relevant for Nickel, it will surely be insignificant for Gold.

Unless I'm overlooking an error in my thought process. :)

It's only plating so you're right, should be insignificant! 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I was looking at this block last night...

I was just being stupid and looking at water cooling parts, but wow, I'm excited to see this on your board. :D

Is it weird to watercool a build and not overclock any of those parts?

Nice design. Gonna look great.

And damn.... that EK clean gold block looks awesome.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Boy i really wish i could follow only OP

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Boy i really wish i could follow only OP

Yeah, that wish has been voiced quite a few times, but unfortunately

we can't do it with the current forum software (and sadly I haven't

seen any indication of this feature in future versions). But yes,

it would be very handy indeed.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think thee block would look even better if it wasn't clear, but the whole thing was gold

But still looks great

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

When I watercool I'm definitely going with that block  :wub:  :wub:

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Great feedback guys. I have heard many say that there is no real difference between gold and nickel plating temperature wise. There would be maximum 1c diff between copper and the gold plating.

There should be some hardware coming in by the end of June, so I will have more hardware pr0n to share :D

Best regards,

Justin

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

I'm starting to change from 'in awe' to becoming envious. I really wish I could rise to this level on my builds, they really are amazing. I hope you're exceptionally proud of what you are achieving. 

To be honest D33g33 I didn't think that I could be a good modder either. But I am a determined sucker who loves to pay attention to detail! All you need is patience! 

Don't give up!!

Best regards,

Justin

What fans are you using? I heard the AF series from Corsair are terrible for rad fans, so don't use those.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What fans are you using? I heard the AF series from Corsair are terrible for rad fans, so don't use those.

Demis is quite keen on the Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans. They have better static pressure when compared to the AF series. He has not bought them yet, so time will only tell.

Best regards,

Justin

Demis is quite keen on the Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans. They have better static pressure when compared to the AF series. He has not bought them yet, so time will only tell.

Best regards,

Justin

Ooooh get some nice Silverstone ap123

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Mini update guys and girls. :)

As I am waiting on parts to come in from Demis (my friend that I am building this PC for) I am going to start up my personal project and run it parallel to this one. My personal project will involve a Silverstone Fortress FT03, a MONSTA 85mm thick 400x200mm radiator and upgraded hardware more suited for designing and rendering. Here is a couple of renders to show what I want to achieve:

FT0370_zpsb73d4e81.jpg

FT0368_zps59e78211.jpg

FT0363_zpsb3633b79.jpg

FT0367_zpsfc3cd2f8.jpg

Here is a link if you are interested. I hope you will join me on this project too :D

Best regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

ooooooh amazing, subbing to that. I really want that. I love that case. I want it!!!! give it to me!

• 4 weeks later...

Coming soon :) I have received some already, and looking to do a major update within a week or so ;)

Best regards,

Justin

cant wait for the update i have been waiting months to see the finished product, cant wait till its done so i can sit and wish it was mine.

cant wait for the update i have been waiting months to see the finished product, cant wait till its done so i can sit and wish it was mine.

Shouldn't be too much longer. I am expecting a package today with some nice RAM. Once they are in, I plan on installing a few parts to get an overall impression on how the build looks!! The update should be within the week :D:D 

Suffice to say that I will be very proud to present this upcoming update!

Best regards,

Justin.

Am i not following this.... Now i am

Cool build :)

No No No

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Hey everybody! Welcome again!

It has been a little while since the last update. I would like to say thank you to you who have patiently waited until the hardware started trickling in! I have a nice little update for you guys which includes a beastly motherboard, some overkill RAM, and EK waterblocks (non-sponsored). These parts were all bought second hand, hence why they are a little dusty! I thought that I would like to just let the pictures do the talking here...

DSC06850-2_zps2afc3fa7.jpg
DSC06851-2_zps8506cfae.jpg
DSC06854-2_zps3f93e12d.jpg
DSC06856-2_zps7d1afe7d.jpg
DSC06859-2_zps7ab75ba4.jpg
DSC06860-2_zpsa2b8a7f6.jpg
DSC06861-2_zpsd8d372c4.jpg
DSC06862-2_zps7d99c80e.jpg
DSC06865-2_zpsbcab97b6.jpg
DSC06866-2_zpsbc9bfcaa.jpg
DSC06869-2_zpsfabe7747.jpg
DSC06873-2_zps1747b65b.jpg
DSC06875-2_zps9922e06d.jpg
DSC06876-2_zps0aa41c1b.jpg
DSC06881-2_zpsc043ac3a.jpg
DSC06883-2_zps88d15849.jpg
DSC06884-2_zps96c796f0.jpg
DSC06887-2_zpsebc84b59.jpg
DSC06889-2_zps9d3a3398.jpg
DSC06894-2_zps573c6961.jpg
DSC06892-2_zps598ab7d1.jpg

So just a little text teaser as well, there is some more hardware coming in over the next few days, including fans, soundcard and SSDs. Thanks for reading, and see you in the next update! 

With kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen