What Is Your Best Programmer Joke?

Seeing how much it is popping up maybe we should just post a link to http://www.xkcd.com and call it a day.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Once upon a time there was a shepherd looking after his sheep on the side of a deserted road. Suddenly a brand new Porsche screeches to a halt. The driver, a man dressed in an Armani suit, Cerutti shoes, Ray-Ban sunglasses, TAG-Heuer wrist-watch, and a Versace tie, gets out and asks the Shepherd:

Man: “If I can tell you how many sheep you have, will you give me one of them?”

The shepherd looks at the young man, and then looks at the large flock of grazing sheep and replies:

Shepherd: “Okay.”

The young man parks the car, connects his laptop to the mobile-fax, enters a NASA Webster, scans the ground using his GPS, opens a database and 60 Excel tables filled with logarithms and pivot tables, then prints out a 150 page report on his high-tech mini-printer. He turns to the shepherd and says,

Man: “You have exactly 1,586 sheep here.”

The shepherd cheers,

Shepherd: “That’s correct, you can have your sheep.”

The young man makes his pick and puts it in the back of his Porsche. The shepherd looks at him and asks,

Shepherd: “If I guess your profession, will you return my animal to me?”

The young man answers;

Man: “Yes, why not?”

Shepherd: "You are an IT consultant."

Man: “How did you know?”

Shepherd: “Very simple. First, you came here without being called. Second, you charged me a fee to tell me something I already knew, and third, you don’t understand anything about my business…Now can I have my DOG back?"

:lol:

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Heres some more:

I called the janitor the other day to see what he could do about my dingy linoleum floor. He said he would have been happy to loan me a polisher, but that he hadn't the slightest idea what he had done with it. I told him not to worry about it - that as a programmer it wasn't the first time I had experienced a buffer allocation failure due to a memory error.

Why do java programmers have to wear glasses?

Because they don't C#.

An optimist person will say that the glass is half-full.

A pessimist person will say that the glass is half-empty.

A programmer will say that the glass is twice as large as necessary.

An optimist person will say that the glass is half-full.

A pessimist person will say that the glass is half-empty.

A programmer will say that the glass is twice as large as necessary.

The version my programming teacher told in one of the classes

An optimist person will say that the string is half-full.

A pessimist person will say that the string is half-empty.

A programmer will say that the string is twice as large as necessary and calls realloc.

• 2 weeks later...

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't understand binary. 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

When is a word not a word? When it's a string.

What is the tax that all programmers fear? Syntax.

| Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | MSI P67A-G45 | i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz |  Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus | EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition 2GB | 8GB (2X4GB) Mushkin Blackline @ 1600MHz | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green | Corsair 600CX V2 | Windows 7 64-bit |

In C++, it's bad when classes become friends. They show their private parts.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Offtopic: your name fits your avatar

Ontopic: I have non:L

Thanks

Back from the dead....

I knew the version with binary (which was simpler) never heard this one

There are 10 types of people in the world,

Those who understand binary,

and those who don't.

I thought I made that joke up, I already posted it in this thread but I guess all jokes are used :(

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

comic.jpg

You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Not a programing joke but a funny networking/software in windows.

A Man sets his wifi user name to "Hack_If_You_Can"

the next day he comes back to log in in manually and sees the name of his wifi...

Challenge Accept!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Not a programing joke but a funny networking/software in windows.

A Man sets his wifi user name to "Hack_If_You_Can"

the next day he comes back to log in in manually and sees the name of his wifi...

Challenge Accept!

That was on BBC a while ago I think, along with a few other interesting wifi names such as "drug Surveillance Van" (they were suspicions of their neighbours), "TV license checker" and "FBI_VAN" (or something along those lines). Some people are so imaginative with wifi names.

HTTP/2 203

That was on BBC a while ago I think, along with a few other interesting wifi names such as "drug Surveillance Van" (they were suspicions of their neighbours), "TV license checker" and "FBI_VAN" (or something along those lines). Some people are so imaginative with wifi names.

my bro showed it to me a while back when he was on a web site on s3 galxy, don;t know the web thought. Anyway I ama hardware eng istead

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

• 1 year later...

Did you hear the one about UDP? You'll either get it or you won't.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

One of my profs first year said: "one day a woman asked her son to go to the store and get a gallon of milk, if they had eggs, get 12. Her son returned with 12 gallons of milk. She asked her son why he did that and he said "they had eggs""

At college we often run into trouble with bit-shifting wrongly - especially when, for example, sending 16-bit values over UART.

I quickly came to the conclusion that "shift happens".