Do these videos offend you?

Totally-A-Hero

My friend likes to make these videos on our Arma 3 servers since we RP as terrorists. We do RP executions and stuff. Its really fun, but he makes these videos (obvi jokingly) and he got banned for it. What do you think? Do you think they are offensive? Here is what my other friend clemenza said about them when he asked if they offend people. PLEASE BE MATURE, NO LOCKERINO

It is evident that the politically correct and the self-entitled "right to feel good" attitude that is destroying our generation has claimed another victim. We as a people have lost our backbones. Everyone has lost their skin. Have any of you (the ones who can find insults it bouquets of roses) seen Hogan's Heroes? It was a sitcom in the 60s and 70s that made light of WWII POW camps. I should mention that a significant amount of the cast were Jewish. Some were even imprisoned at Buchenwald. The swastika was prevalent in the show as was the salute along the phrases Sieg, Heil, Hitler, Fuhrer, and a few other buzz words that'd get you expelled from school these days. Nobody batted an eye. It was a hilarious show and all of you are getting all hot and bothered over a video game? Grow a spine and get the fuck over it. This is the world, people. Any preconceived notion that you have some sort of right to feel good or that being offended gives you certain rights over others is just an ideal. Idealism has no place in society. Get your heads out of the clouds and grow a pair of bawls. 

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

No.

I don't feel the need to get offend over every little thing.

No.

Thanks for reading the post.

Thanks for reading the post.

i read it :), i was answering the main question. 

LOL wot game is this I must play it. Arma?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

no, it just looks stupid and makes no sense IHMO. 

this isnt going to go well

Arma 3 Altis life, on this server http://olympus-entertainment.com/

G_G

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

4212724-3216661350-26795.gif

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Wrong Thread, needs to be in Off Topic

Any how, People have a strong tendency to be thinned skinned these days. I personally am not offended but it is not my "cup o' tea" either and tend to steer from this type of stuff. As long this is just for satire its fine but if its something to intentionally fixate and enrage others then maybe it is out of line.

I watch Hogan Hero's and find it quite funny. :D

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

We got our first Yes boys..... And no, we arent trying to make people mad, a lot of people find them funny, even ex Military that fought some of these bastards (not same group but you know). I think they are great.

I realize it's just a game, but why would you want to ACT like ISIS?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I realize it's just a game, but why would you want to ACT like ISIS?

Like you said, its a game. Executing people with .50 cals is fun as heck. 

arma 3, it's in the first sentence.

We already established this :)

"Offended" can be very subjective. If you identify with the people being killed by ISIS, then yeah you'll probably find it terrible what they're doing. Not to say that I don't, but if ISIS is seeking out those who are close to you, or in your community/religion, then you would definitely feel it on a more personal level.

Even though I have family in Jordan and Syria, I don't find the videos offensive, although I can bet it does offend my family near the affected areas. By playing a game, and having fun being a terrorist (doing beheadings and stuff), yes you will attract some unwanted attention, and I honestly think you deserve getting banned. I don't define having fun as role playing a terrorist and killing innocent people, but to each their own. This issue actually something I'd like to discuss with them next time I get the chance- thanks.

I voted no.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

nice rp there

The only time you RP is to get out of a ticket or executions. Or when your robbing someone and you agree to let them keep some of there stuff as long as they feed you info on what drugs other gangs are doing.....

I think that a certain group might be offended by this, I personally don't care. I don't particularly care for religion. (Though I do like some of the teachings in Japanese Zen Buddhism)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

What about these onese? they are a little more graphic...

This is the one he was permed for....

My friend likes to make these videos on our Arma 3 servers since we RP as terrorists. We do RP executions and stuff. Its really fun, but he makes these videos (obvi jokingly) and he got banned for it. What do you think? Do you think they are offensive? Here is what my other friend clemenza said about them when he asked if they offend people. PLEASE BE MATURE, NO LOCKERINO

It is evident that the politically correct and the self-entitled "right to feel good" attitude that is destroying our generation has claimed another victim. We as a people have lost our backbones. Everyone has lost their skin. Have any of you (the ones who can find insults it bouquets of roses) seen Hogan's Heroes? It was a sitcom in the 60s and 70s that made light of WWII POW camps. I should mention that a significant amount of the cast were Jewish. Some were even imprisoned at Buchenwald. The swastika was prevalent in the show as was the salute along the phrases Sieg, Heil, Hitler, Fuhrer, and a few other buzz words that'd get you expelled from school these days. Nobody batted an eye. It was a hilarious show and all of you are getting all hot and bothered over a video game? Grow a spine and get the fuck over it. This is the world, people. Any preconceived notion that you have some sort of right to feel good or that being offended gives you certain rights over others is just an ideal. Idealism has no place in society. Get your heads out of the clouds and grow a pair of bawls. 

How many people in your family has been tortured and executed? if the answer is zero, i don't think you can understand. I had 2 uncles during the pinochet dictatorship. They were leftist, good people, but in the wrong political party in the wrong time. One day the DINA (Chile's inteligence service) took them and my aunts. My aunt was sexual assaulted multiple times while my uncles were electrocuted, sofocated with plastic bags, beaten, and much sicker shit i will never know. My aunt was dropped like a rag doll on her house one month after she was taken, she was exiled right away. My uncles became 'detenidos desaparecidos' which basically means they slashed their stomachs open and they were thrown on open sea alive, left to bleed out or drown. If I saw someone roleplaying as the cocksuckers that did that to my family, i wouldn't be offended, i would beat your face to a pulp. This is real, this is not fun, people are going through this right now, doesn't matter if it's a dictatorship in Chile in 1980 or a terrorist group in modern syria. So ask yourself, if your mom, sister, dad, brother, son, daughter, were tortured, raped, enslaved and finally executed, how would you take someone RPing the executioner? I'm not saying i'm offended, nor that you don't have the right to make....that, all i'm saying is you may think people are too chickenshit to see, but no, they can see the real shit on daily motion, it's not about that at all, it's about having respect for the victims of the crimes you are recreating for your amusement.

So, back to your question, am i offended? no, do i respect people who do that shit? no, do i give a fuck your friend got banned? NOP That doesn't mean i don't believe in free speech, but trust me man, when it's your family, (I truly hope it never is) you don't care, that's why your friend got banned, because mocking victims of war crimes can't be acceptable behaviour. Things like this dissapoint me. You really need dead family to understand why that content is SO FUCKING OFFENSIVE to the people who lost family in the atacks you're recreating? That's the real bubble, that you think you are better than people who find that offensive or distasteful while you can't understand while openly pretending to be an ISIS executioner online is OK. Shame. Just...shame.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

ignore

Edited by tomas710

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10