Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

And... Actually I just saw I got this http://prntscr.com/7y649m .. :( I'm sad now. ... but maybe that was me manually activating the setup? Hmm...

I'm doing it. Just gotta wait for the win8 iso to copy from my nas... and to then copy to the usb stick.. *sigh* my patience is running thin.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Has anybody tried running the setup program?

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

And... Actually I just saw I got this http://prntscr.com/7y649m .. :( I'm sad now. ... but maybe that was me manually activating the setup? Hmm...

I'm doing it. Just gotta wait for the win8 iso to copy from my nas... and to then copy to the usb stick.. *sigh* my patience is running thin.

Your other option is this; http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/how-to-create-a-bootable-iso-file-from-your/07590098-90a9-4c7e-b6fe-5ce1632daf4b

this will let you make an ISO out of the ESD file. Just mount the iso by clicking on it and run the setup :)

did you run " wuauclt.exe /updatenow " in cmd as administrator? because it wasn't working for me either but when I turned on auto updates and ran the command again it started working.

I have entered the command and that has accomplished absolutely nothing for me.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Your other option is this; http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/how-to-create-a-bootable-iso-file-from-your/07590098-90a9-4c7e-b6fe-5ce1632daf4b

this will let you make an ISO out of the ESD file. Just mount the iso by clicking on it and run the setup :)

Nah, I'm getting the win8.1 iso as a precaution, if the setup fucks up (and if I make an iso out of it it can fuck up still) I will still have a way to recover the pc. But thanks.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Actually, I found the most recent nvidia drivers to be massively unreliable.

What issues you had

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

bO5HIt0.png

um... is this normal? It says it failed but... it installed all the files...

Taran should run for president!

um... is this normal? It says it failed but... it installed all the files...

dit you run the setup manually and then quit it?

dit you run the setup manually and then quit it?

no I was running the update tool and when it was done downloading windows 10 it told me to restart so I did and it says it failed now.

SHould I run the setup?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Running Setup is pointless, it says boot.wim is missing. I assume as its the upgrade edition and not the full ISO.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I reserved the minute I saw the symbol. How am I not in the first wave lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

wtf windows O.o I decided to restart beforing running the setup manually, but now I have an empty folder with purple files WTF http://prntscr.com/7y6m5v

and the folder changed to caps. wut

I wonder... Will there be ISO for download?

Microsoft said yes. But to get Windows 10 for free you need to do the upgrade first. Once you have done the upgrade, then you re-install via the Windows 10 ISO.

We still don't know any details on entire process.

No, there will not be at this stage for launch.

For those of you who have not been able to get it to download, follow the steps that everyone above have been saying. 

http://i.imgur.com/b9Dr76b.png

Windows 10 is currently downloading on my reserved PC.

wtf windows O.o I decided to restart beforing running the setup manually, but now I have an empty folder with purple files WTF http://prntscr.com/7y6m5v

and the folder changed to caps. wut

That's blue as in compressed files

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

No, there will not be at this stage for launch.

you can make on with the upgrade file in the meantime  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/how-to-create-a-bootable-iso-file-from-your/07590098-90a9-4c7e-b6fe-5ce1632daf4b

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i'm mashing the "check for updates" button in WU to see if it poops up, i randomly got 2 updates from 2014 and one of them is a hot fix xD

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Everyone that has it RESERVED and windows fully updated but it has not started downloading try this;

Awesome, thanks a lot. For me I had to change windows update settings to full auto update before it worked though.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

That's blue as in compressed files

Yep, blue files in Windows Explorer are compressed, green files are encrypted.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Why Microsoft, why????

9wfIUF2.png

It's 3AM already.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why Microsoft, why????

9wfIUF2.png

It's 3AM already.

Make sure any other updates are installed. Try hitting that "Troubleshoot problems with installing updates" link. I know other people have posted fixes in thread, maybe try going back a few pages. :P

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Why Microsoft, why????

9wfIUF2.png

It's 3AM already.

it unlocks at 12am pacific time

Make sure any other updates are installed. Try hitting that "Troubleshoot problems with installing updates" link. I know other people have posted fixes in thread, maybe try going back a few pages. :P

It works!

I just used cmd to check for updates manually and I guess I'll install it now.

pX4fFsE.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I wonder if you have the solution as to why on my end, manually launching GWX.exe does not load the "Get Windows 10" application.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.