Anonymous attacking IS supporters on Twitter by mixing in Anime Girls

Oh, how appropriate for me to make a post that involves anime girls.

Anonymous has been attacking various sources of IS propaganda and supporters by taking sites over, taking them down and generally being a nuisance to IS websites and profiles in an attempt to disrupt the flow of support for quite a while now. However, they seem to be taking a new, rather unusual approach to attacking Twitter accounts by mixing in Anime Girls with the propaganda in order to influence search engine results. Hopefully, searching for IS websites will just turn up a load of results for cat girls and giant mecha robots. 

Some accounts that Anonymous members won access to had their messages and images changed to show the ISIS-Chan anime character. Groups tackling IS propaganda online are starting to use images of the young girl in connection with the group's name and slogans in an attempt to dilute the results people get when they search for information about the group.

The Anonymous action comes after UK Prime Minister David Cameron unveiled a strategy to help tackle the "poison" of extremism. The package of measures included demands that ISPs and net firms do more to remove extremist material and identify who posted it.

Some of the accounts that they have managed to take over have already been taken down as a result of their actions, so it is clearly working. sending messages and updates with images of "ISIS-Chan" seems to be working.

ISIS-Chan:

d6d.jpg

Source

anonymous normally bothers the hell out of me, but atleast they do quite a bit of good. surprised the US doesn't have hackers trying to mess with ISIS social impact. 

Nice. A lovely way to undermine the IS efforts

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

and now there will be even more hate on anime...

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

lol oh well.

I don't care what other people think about anime. I love anime.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I see no issues with this.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I doubt it. If anything, it will improve support for anime, as it is being used to mock and disrupt IS propaganda and media outlets. 

Either way, it won't have any effect on how anime is perceived. If they photoshop an ISIS flag into a gay pride flag, people aren't suddenly going to hate homosexuals for supporting ISIS or anything. 

on a side note lets list how much time we have spent watching anime.

i just got past 5 months of my life wasted

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

anonymous normally bothers the hell out of me, but atleast they do quite a bit of good. surprised the US doesn't have hackers trying to mess with ISIS social impact. 

Because no one in Anonymous is from the US...?

Because no one in Anonymous is from the US...?

............us government. when people say why is north korea is fucked up, there not saying the individuals that are they are fucked up, they are talking about the government, not the people starving to death. that would be insensitive. sorry for any confusion internet. 

I approve of this!

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/23/technology/isis-chan/

**** em up!

150723110745-isis-chan-2-780x439.jpg

Anonymous isn't one collection of people though, Anonymous could be random people around the world. Their always mistakenly perceived as one organization. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I approve of this!

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/23/technology/isis-chan/

**** em up!

-snip

Anonymous isn't one collection of people though, Anonymous could be random people around the world. Their always mistakenly perceived as one organization. 

By their own admission, they aren't really an organization by classical definition. They claim anyone can do things in the name of Anonymous.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That is too funny , I wonder how ISIS feels about this ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

That is too funny , I wonder how ISIS feels about this ...

Probably the same way they feel about everything. "kill anyone who doesn't agree with us or submit to us"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think it's hilarious because you can see their hair :D

Yeah hair b*tch look at it!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This is hilarious...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory