Nvidia VS AMD's Current Lineup Evaluation

Bob Jim

You didn't feature the Fury? (non X)

GTX 980 in the 430-470 USD range?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You didn't feature the Fury? (non X)

That's out? It is not on PCPartPicker, and when I googled it I couldn't find any for sale...?

Seems about right. Should just mention that Fury (non X) fits between the 980 and 980Ti in performance and price. :)

That's out? It is not on PCPartPicker, and when I googled it I couldn't find any for sale...?

Well the benchmarks were out, but Newegg indeed has it on 'coming soon'

Thought it was going to be 500 dollars or something, so in the GTX 980 range

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am pretty sure that the 360 is faster than the 750 .

Source please.

I will add the Fury in if I can find any price online.

You should also probably include the 200 series for now since it's usually the better option (due to most of the 300 series costing extra solely for having a 3 in the name) and readily available. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

to "combat" the Titan, AMD has the R9 295x2. It is a monster "dual GPU" card. It costs around 650-750 USD depending where you look. It beats out the TitanX in almost every game the two cards have competed in... And it beats the TitanX by A LOT, like 15-20 FPS in several cases. While it is not a SINGLE GPU, it is a SINGLE CARD. So it only occupies a single PCIe slot.

to "combat" the Titan, AMD has the R9 295x2. It is a monster "dual GPU" card. It costs around 650-750 USD depending where you look. It beats out the TitanX in almost every game the two cards have competed in... And it beats the TitanX by A LOT, like 15-20 FPS in several cases. While it is not a SINGLE GPU, it is a SINGLE CARD. So it only occupies a single PCIe slot.

Add on top driver problems, reliability of crossfire technology, and the massive difference in heat/consumption.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

Well the benchmarks were out, but Newegg indeed has it on 'coming soon'

Thought it was going to be 500 dollars or something, so in the GTX 980 range

Ed from Sapphire said that the Fury will hit store shelves on the 14th btw

MSRP is $549 I think

Why do you include the nvidia 700 series but not the AMD 200 series? The 280X is a boss ass bitch when compared to the 380 and 960.

probably because the 750 cards are still produced and are the early version of Maxwell. It should be removed once the 950 comes out

You sure about the Titan X...R9 295X2 is better in some games......

crysis3_1920_1080.gifsom_1920_1080.gifperfdollar_1920.gif

Nobody never said anything about Single and dual gpu card........

Why do you include the nvidia 700 series but not the AMD 200 series? The 280X is a boss ass bitch when compared to the 380 and 960. 270X is still fucking awesome for the price

What @Dietrichw said. Also they are not much cheaper, with the exception of the R9 290/x which has half the VRAM.

You should also probably include the 200 series for now since it's usually the better option (due to most of the 300 series costing extra solely for having a 3 in the name) and readily available. 

Again, what @Dietrichw said.

You sure about the Titan X...R9 295X2 is better in some games......

SNIP

Nobody never said anything about Single and dual gpu card........

I am an idiot....... COMPLETELY forgot about the R9 295X2. I will add it in now.

I have added the Fury and corrected a pricing error in the GTX 980 section.

Add on top driver problems, reliability of crossfire technology, and the massive difference in heat/consumption.

Ive had the card for almost 5 months now. Yes heat/power consumption is real. But driver issues/crossfire problems has been the LEAST of my worries. Usually, every game ive played (including The Witcher 3) has had CF drivers out within 4 days of game release.

Prior to the 295x2, i had 2x7950 GHz edt. CF setup for nearly 3 years. I never had issues with any of the games i played. Which includes Skyrim (A LOT), Guildwars 2, Dota2, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Tomb Raider, The Witcher, The Witcher 2 - Assasins of Kings, Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold 3, Stronghold Crusader, Dragon Age + Origins, Dragon Age 2, Guild Wars, Total War ROME II, Age of Empires (okay, i had an issue with AoE. Blue seawater turned pink. Thats my only real issue).

IN every of these games, my PC managed to pull over 60FPS. You know what the best thing is? My monitor is a 60Hz monitor. So it doesnt matter if i had 9 trillion FPS or 61. I would never know the difference, ever!!!!.

I have added the Fury and the R9 295X2.

@Bubblewhale PLEASE put those pictures in a spoiler. Thanks.

I have added the Fury and the R9 295X2.

@Bubblewhale PLEASE put those pictures in a spoiler. Thanks.

Technically the lower end goes to AMD anyway if you look for second hand, you could find a used 7970 for the price of a new 750 Ti.

Apparently i have more money then sense :P

Which goes for my Corsair AX 1500i PSU too....

Indeed you do, unless you got it before the 980Ti/Fury X came out, This is a CURRENT Reccomendation, then, it was the best card above the GTX 980, that didn't get you to spend $1000 on a Titan X.

AMDs 300 series seems solid competition that should keep them in the game about where they are at now, maybe they'll gain slightly.

The Fury X so far hasn't really really panned out they way they were hoping. Its a solid AMD alternative and might get better with new drivers and directX, and as AMD is known to do, they'll probably drop the price on it eventually to the point its the better buy than the case oven that is the 980 ti, especially with the Fury Xs superior cooling and noise.

The Fury non X might fair a little better than the Fury X because its just flat out the better card than the 980. Hopefully it improves as time goes on the and gap grows, because it still doesn't beat the 980 by as big margin as youd think.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB