Convincing my parents to let me buy a gaming pc.

Prismo_

Hi im 13 and I am trying to convince my mom to let me buy a gaming pc I have a laptop  She said ok you can get your new computer and 1 month later she said NOOOO YOU CANT GET IT INVEST YOUR MONEY. What can I do I want to have a good setup I had hours put into my finding peripherals and arranging things and figureing out how to do led's around my desk and in my pc but she wont let me get it.

Find a way of earning money, you can't just demand stuff from your parents and expect them to give it to you.

My first "PC" was a third hand 2002 iMac G3:

B00005LE14.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And through that I learnt a little bit of photoshop and offered background (back in the day) for Youtube for like £5 a piece, they were shit but I earnt enough for a laptop.

Moral of the story, save up and buy your own stuff or at least try and got 50/50 with them and say you need it for school if you're willing to lie.

a gamimg pc is quite a good investment, you wil learn useful things while building it and you wil most likely have it for a long time if you take good care of it.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Better start saving them pennies!  ^_^

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

You're 13. If your parents say no, your only other option is to put money aside until you can afford to buy it for yourself.

Also, this should've been created in Off-Topic

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Sounds like her processor is overheating. Have you tried turning her on and off again?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Hi im 13 and I am trying to convince my mom to let me buy a gaming pc I have a laptop  She said ok you can get your new computer and 1 month later she said NOOOO YOU CANT GET IT INVEST YOUR MONEY. What can I do I want to have a good setup I had hours put into my finding peripherals and arranging things and figureing out how to do led's around my desk and in my pc but she wont let me get it.

First off dont call it a gaming PC second off find other reasons to have it besides gaming. Tell them if they get it for you you will go to linda.com (offer code linus) and learn a new skill like coding or Auto cad Plus you can use it to do school work and take it with you to college give them a reason that you need to spend a bunch of money on a system for you.

Okay then if you have all the money, how will this Gaming PC benefit you in any way?

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Thing is I already have all the money. And im paying for it.

then buy it

she can't stop you

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Well. desktops are easily upgradeable. so you won't throw it out in a year or two. that's an argument.

She can stop me she would get pissed if I ordered and and the money is in my bank account and guess who god damn runs that my freakin mom

And my laptop is so outdated and sooooo slow.

my mom knows nothing about Gaming and Pc's

then buy it

she can't stop you

Legally she has control of all of his money until he is 18.

But anyway, come up with some scheme on how it will advance your knowledge within editing and graphics generation, say that it will help you with school homework and revision, blargh blargh. Just include school.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Thing is I already have all the money. And im paying for it.

Show her how much you love gaming and why. Than it won't look so bad of an investment.

Maybe also put up some good points why it aint just for gaming and that it will last you along time.

Legally she has control of all of his money until he is 18.

But anyway, come up with some scheme on how it will advance your knowledge within editing and graphics generation, say that it will help you with school homework and revision, blargh blargh. Just include school.

Thanks il tell her It can help me with my graphics because I am starting to do graphic design and its better for video editing it can help me with my future.

Also! If she still says no ask her what else she expects you to spend it on, then argue how you can buy that another time.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

then buy it

she can't stop you

At the age of 13 parents say what you can and cant do with your money sadly... Hey, my mum still gets pissed at me when I spend my money from working in hosting. Parents dont understand everything that a computer does, and they didn't want me to get one but if I didn't I wouldn't be where I am now. Just come up with something good, and you might convince them.

She can stop me she would get pissed if I ordered and and the money is in my bank account and guess who god damn runs that my freakin mom

And my laptop is so outdated and sooooo slow.

my mom knows nothing about Gaming and Pc's

tell you wanna take the money out to invest in some stocks

then just put the money into a a gift card or visa card

then you can just buy what you want

Also! If she still says no ask her what else she expects you to spend it on, then argue how you can buy that another time.

She expects me to invest my money

also if you go to the bank with your bank book and say you wanna take the money out

they will normally do it

"Buy a gaming PC" I hope you mean build, right?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

tell you wanna take the money out to invest in some stocks

then just put the money into a a gift card or visa card

then you can just buy what you want

She works at a bank. She wants me to buy stocks

TBH my mum would probably get mad if she saw I contributed to "Some YouTubers" too. Parents are going to be parents and tell you you need to save up for a house and a car. And sometime you just have to lu

then buy it

she can't stop you

That is horrible advice... Listen to her and work on learning things on lynda.com so that she has a reason to let you buy it...

If I would have taken that advice when I wanted to start gaming My mom would return all the parts and keep the money.