Convincing my parents to let me buy a gaming pc.

Prismo_

She works at a bank. She wants me to buy stocks

Hi, I have background in finance. If you're an average Joe, you SHOULD NOT buy stocks. I can understand the fact that your mom wants you to invest your money, but doing it through stocks is a horrible idea, even if your mom is a banker. A better way to invest would be through a mutual fund, the basic idea is the same, but your money will be in better hands.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Tell her you need it for school work, and it will help you decide if you want to work in the tech industry. Almost no parent can right out say no without good reason to education.

Lol my grandfather gave me some money invested it in my name and I have a lot of money that's not mine (it's mine but it's not for spending, it's for college) so basically what I spend on is sole discretion of my parents (I have nothing)

And I'm 18 but I understand that it's because I always have wanted to do my post grad in a very good uni (I'm doing grad in a good one too but now I have a sort of 50% scholarship)

Aaaand college is expensive!!!!!

Hi, I have background in finance. If you're an average Joe, you SHOULD NOT buy stocks. I can understand the fact that your mom wants you to invest your money, but doing it through stocks is a horrible idea, even if your mom is a banker. A better way to invest would be through a mutual fund, the basic idea is the same, but your money will be in better hands.

I and everyone in my family invests in mutual funds!