Convincing my parents to let me buy a gaming pc.

Prismo_

Thanks il tell her that

Don't forget that the IT industry is the industry with the largest projected growth over the next 20 years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/industry-employment-and-output-projections-to-2022-1.htm

Tell her that his is in fact an investment, an investment in your future.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Don't forget that the IT industry is the industry with the largest projected growth over the next 20 years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/industry-employment-and-output-projections-to-2022-1.htm

Tell her that his is in fact an investment, an investment in your future.

WOOO THE FACT TRAIN ARRIVED. Welcome sir!

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

is it your money or her money

At 13, it's all her money regardless of source.

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

"aloud" REALLY. I'M DONE. And you need to stop presuming that he lives in Canada.

I live in canada

I live in canada

Fair does, but you never mentioned this. My point stands.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

by age 12 your aloud to take out your own money

even without your parents

and yes if my parents tried to stop me from doing something when I was younger ..that was clearly no business of theirs and didn't bother anyone else

I would do it anyway

I know that at least when I tried they made my parents agree to me taking money out, They are in control of your money until you are 18.

and yes if my parents tried to stop me from doing something when I was younger ..that was clearly no business of theirs and didn't bother anyone else

I would do it anyway

Where? In what country? First time I hear of such a law in any country. The entire EU works the way I described it, don't know about US but I doubt they are that careless to let 12 year olds do what they want with their accounts.

How is it no business of parents what their 12-13 year old does? What kind of parents do you have? Kids these days... An ass whooping is needed desperately.

And stop trolling...

I would do it anyway

My parents would always go, "It's your money at the end of the day." Sure, they wouldn't agree with every single one of my purchases - they don't like that a CPU costs up to, above and beyond hundreds of pounds. But they knew I'd learn not to spend Stupid Amount X on Stupid Product Y. It's just one of those things.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

You don't want these, trust me. Unless it's AAPL, then it's ok.

Stocks are fine if you have a high risk tolerance and are good at it otherwise I would say AAPL is even a bad idea.

Whatever you do, just make sure you build you own :P

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

WOOO THE FACT TRAIN ARRIVED. Welcome sir!

Just pointing out the things I looked at before spending my final paycheck from my last job on upgrading my desktop for school.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

At the age of 13 parents say what you can and cant do with your money sadly... Hey, my mum still gets pissed at me when I spend my money from working in hosting. Parents dont understand everything that a computer does, and they didn't want me to get one but if I didn't I wouldn't be where I am now. Just come up with something good, and you might convince them.

Heh my dad bought me my first pc when I was about 13 and started me off on a craze that's lasted till I'm 34 and going. He also got annoyed when i chose to study computer science instead of medicine haha.

But there wasn't such thing as a gaming PC in those days it was a 386SX that also played games as well as ran office etc.

I can't wait for my kid to be old enough so I can build him a gaming PC and get him interested in it, I hope he isn't just a consoleboy like most kids these days. He's not even 1 yet :-)

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

I would do it anyway

Actually not really. I am 15, but my parents could easily prevent me from buying something. Do your parents not look at what somes in the mail or check on your bank account? From what I've heard from you in this thread, it looks like you had pretty negligent parents. 

then buy it

she can't stop you

I mean... he's 13, so yeah they kinda do have a pretty large say in how their 13 year old spends his money as they are somewhat responsible for teaching him how to handle money. I think it's unwise to spend a super large amount of money at such a young age as there will be more things in 3-5 years that you may need to have money saved up for (car, high school trips, sports or clubs, etc). I would recommend talking to your parents about all the reasons you want it because you certainly will learn a lot through the experience and it will last for years most likely. Are you willing to sell your laptop? Just try to manage your expectations and don't be too entitled to just use something midrange for now to learn with. I know it can be hard when you are on forums surrounded by enthusiasts, but an affordable ($650-$800) computer can do everything a $2,000 rig can, with few exceptions and you'll probably thank yourself later when you have money to upgrade before college, pay for a phone, etc

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I still can't recommend touching stocks if you have limited cash. I would go bonds or high interest bank account

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I mean... he's 13, so yeah they kinda do have a pretty large say in how their 13 year old spends his money as they are somewhat responsible for teaching him how to handle money. I think it's unwise to spend a super large amount of money at such a young age as there will be more things in 3-5 years that you may need to have money saved up for (car, high school trips, sports or clubs, etc). I would recommend talking to your parents about all the reasons you want it because you certainly will learn a lot through the experience and it will last for years most likely. Are you willing to sell your laptop? Just try to manage your expectations and don't be too entitled to just use something midrange for now to learn with. I know it can be hard when you are on forums surrounded by enthusiasts, but an affordable ($650-$800) computer can do everything a $2,000 rig can, with few exceptions and you'll probably thank yourself later when you have money to upgrade before college, pay for a phone, etc

Thanks im getting a 900$ pc

She can stop me she would get pissed if I ordered and and the money is in my bank account and guess who god damn runs that my freakin mom

And my laptop is so outdated and sooooo slow.

my mom knows nothing about Gaming and Pc's

I have to live like that every day :/ parents won't let me buy a new monitor.

Thanks im getting a 900$ pc

$900 is a good price. You get a lot of bang for the buck. Does that include monitor and such or just tower? I'm used to discussing tower prices only.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Stocks are fine if you have a high risk tolerance and are good at it otherwise I would say AAPL is even a bad idea.

Hey as long as gullible people are still giving them money and you've got stories like this coming out all the time, then it's fine whether it's holding common stock or the lesser-known corporate bonds. You really can't argue with a company that has piles and piles of money laying around.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

She doesn't want you wasting all your money away on tangible items which will become outdated, she wants you to make reasonable decisions and invest into your future. 

"Gaming PC"

Just another 13 y/o who wants an expensive computer to play minecraft on it again

I don't play minecraft.

"Gaming PC"

Just another 13 y/o who wants an expensive computer to play minecraft on it again

Why would you assume this?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

She expects me to invest my money

HOW RIDICULOUS OF HER. CAN YOU BELIEVE SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU JUST SPENDING HER MONEY?!?

In all seriousness though, at 13, the only thing you can do if offer to take up more chores in exchange for the PC. They might go for it.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I don't play minecraft.

Why not? It's a good, cheap game. At least when it was an "alpha" back in 2010 and cost $8.46 via "paypal" only. #earlyAdopter

γνῶθι σεαυτόν