:( Guess who made £4.8 Milllion last year (from his fanbase of 8 year olds)

asim1999

He posted this about an hour ago.

Beat me to it.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I tried to have a successful channel on Youtube. I really, really, really, really, did, but it just didn't happen for me. After 4 years of dedication to my channel, I was only able to acquire 7 subscribers. I released 5 videos a week for those 4 years and even responded to my viewers daily. It was a lot of work but I dedicated myself to putting out high quality content. I shot all of my videos in HD and even had various camera angles for you to view. All videos were shot in 7.1 surround sound, offering the viewer an incredible experience like no other. After I made the extremely difficult decision to shut down my channel 'Lighting Farts In Stunning HD', I became depressed and felt sorry for myself. I rarely left my house for 2 years after shutting my channel down. I would only leave my house to go to work and check the mail, except on Sundays and holidays when I didn't have to work and when the mail didn't run. I was a mess for 2 whole years. I have finally gotten over this and put it all behind me, though. I did learn a lot from my failure with this channel and will use that knowledge towards creating my next channel 'Fire Farting In Amazing HD'. Expect this channel to go live in early 2016. PewDiePie, I'm coming for ya!!!!

:P

Kidding aside, if you're lucky enough to get paid a lot of money for being silly on video, good for you! I'm sure we all would like to be doing what he is doing a getting rich at the same time! I know I would! And for the record, I do not find him funny at all, but I don't hate the guy or wish him any bad luck. Good for him!

I was honestly a fan of him because of his non-gaming videos.

He seems like a nice guy in person, but his YouTube self is made for 10 year olds

He even has a charity, which is a sign he at least cares for others

Good on Pewdie.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

I tried to have a successful channel on Youtube. I really, really, really, really, did, but it just didn't happen for me. After 4 years of dedication to my channel, I was only able to acquire 7 subscribers. I released 5 videos a week for those 4 years and even responded to my viewers daily. It was a lot of work but I dedicated myself to putting out high quality content. I shot all of my videos in HD and even had various camera angles for you to view. All videos were shot in 7.1 surround sound, offering the viewer an incredible experience like no other. After I made the extremely difficult decision to shut down my channel 'Lighting Farts In Stunning HD', I became depressed and felt sorry for myself. I rarely left my house for 2 years after shutting my channel down. I would only leave my house to go to work and check the mail, except on Sundays and holidays when I didn't have to work and when the mail didn't run. I was a mess for 2 whole years. I have finally gotten over this and put it all behind me, though. I did learn a lot from my failure with this channel and will use that knowledge towards creating my next channel 'Fire Farting In Amazing HD'. Expect this channel to go live in early 2016. PewDiePie, I'm coming for ya!!!!

:P

Kidding aside, if you're lucky enough to get paid a lot of money for being silly on video, good for you! I'm sure we all would like to be doing what he is doing a getting rich at the same time! I know I would! And for the record, I do not find him funny at all, but I don't hate the guy or wish him any bad luck. Good for him!

wut?  

I put just testing videos of my games without commentary or huge description on my YT channel and I have 7 subscribers without caring about it.   

Clearly you were doing something wrong.

if you ever see pew on twitch hes alot different especially when hes just playing with someone and not on camera

I don't envy him, I feel sorry for him. Imagine trying to make each video as interesting as the last, not for your audience but for yourself. Poor guy

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I don't envy him, I feel sorry for him. Imagine trying to make each video as interesting as the last, not for your audience but for yourself. Poor guy

Dude's a millionaire and plays games for a living. Poor guy am I right?

Seriously though he can stop whenever the hell he wants. He's set for life. 

I don't like Pewdiepie. I don't find him funny or entertaining but he's a successful motherfucker. 

wut?  

I put just testing videos of my games without commentary or huge description on my YT channel and I have 7 subscribers without caring about it.   

Clearly you were doing something wrong.

He was joking

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Haters gonna hate. Why can't people be happy for someone else. People are jealous out of greedy and other pathetic reasons. There are YTers that have ton of subs out there and seriously are bad, that blows my mind even more.

He made a response video about it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

nvm

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Haters gonna hate. Why can't people be happy for someone else. People are jealous out of greedy and other pathetic reasons. There are YTers that have ton of subs out there and seriously are bad, that blows my mind even more.

He made a response video about it.

"IF YOU THINK SOMEONE'S FUNNIER, GO REFRESH THEIR VIDEOS OVER AND OVER, BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE GET PAID."

That quote says it all. People get so worked up and upset over the content he produces and who he caters to, in an almost pathetic manner. Free choice. You can watch and support ANYTHING. 

I myself don't understand baseball and the people who love it. Doesn't mean I go on rants about baseball and how stupid it is. I myself like hockey, doesn't mean everyone likes hockey, but thats okay. Why are people on the internet, especially on this site and this thread, so hell bent on hating this man for producing content that isn't for them? 

Do you same people go off on Robert Downey Jr. for making around 100 million off Avengers? Do you? Cause I wager not everyone here likes Marvel or comic movies in general, so are you upset that he made that much the same way you're upset that this man made almost 8 million off YouTube this year? 

Well don't forget he must be pretty smart too.

No offence towards him, but his videos are very much low effort thus he can upload daily or even more often. More views = more money = more attention from YouTube, etc., etc., etc.

You should watch this video:

-snip snip snip-

Ahhh, good old game theory, gotta love em. They had an episode on "how to optimise for YouTube, and it's actually working VERY well for them, every time they post I get a notification, and their sub count has sky rocketed. Mat's got his shit sorted out.

But back OT. Pewds has a VERY small percentage of active subs, and while his content is..... Lacking, he's a seemingly nice guy in real life. But I really wish he'd do some videos on real games, I can't count how many endless "simulator" games he's played, and if he played something nice he said oiled earn is subscribers back.

- snip-

Exactly that's one of the best videos on the subject since he truly understands the mechanics of youtube. In fact Linus could potentially make channelsuperfun explode he just needs to start doing videos in a foreign language and move part of the production team to another country to keep exploiting the youtube system.

Berkel, pack your bags.

- snip-

His videos are pretty hit or miss for me, he found the formula that will keep him and his family comfortable for years if he uses it wisely. He has editing talent, which becomes very apparent in some of his best videos. As a person he is someone who can earn respect easily, aiding his continued growth. Him making money won't change me watching his videos time to time.

Lord of Helium.

I recently went to his channel and it seems like he has changed a lot.

He used to be extremely obnoxious and I couldn't watch more than a a minute of his loud screaming. In his Catherine video he is actually pretty quiet and lets the intro talk for itself.

I still don't think he is good or deserve the huge amount of money and fame he got, but I don't think he deserves all the "bawww he is terrible and only kids watch him" crap he gets these days either. His response to this news article was pretty good too.

That quote says it all. People get so worked up and upset over the content he produces and who he caters to, in an almost pathetic manner. Free choice. You can watch and support ANYTHING. 

I myself don't understand baseball and the people who love it. Doesn't mean I go on rants about baseball and how stupid it is. I myself like hockey, doesn't mean everyone likes hockey, but thats okay. Why are people on the internet, especially on this site and this thread, so hell bent on hating this man for producing content that isn't for them? 

Do you same people go off on Robert Downey Jr. for making around 100 million off Avengers? Do you? Cause I wager not everyone here likes Marvel or comic movies in general, so are you upset that he made that much the same way you're upset that this man made almost 8 million off YouTube this year? 

This exactly. Reading the title of this thread makes me cringe. WTF. He is entertaining those kids. So what if he looks stupid in his videos, that's how entertainment goes. I personally don't like pewds too, but I don't go around saying how shitty this guy is. Seriously guys, act like adults.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Most people that are upset are simply jealous.... it's that simple. They wish they could be just like him but cannot be so they spew hate.

Heck... I'm jealous. Clearly VERY jealous he does what he does to make that amount of money but I wouldn't really want to upload a video every single day of my life...seriously. Maybe a few a week or some gameplay vids, which I have done actually. I did some Far Cry 4 vids and got quite a few hits just because I focused on 1 thing in particular to focus on....a lot of the side stuff basically and locations.

That led me to believe I could make money, but let me tell you...one day you're getting tons of views, then 1 month later no one gives 2 shits about you. That's why it's impressive to hold subscribers. I'd be ok if every single subscriber even watched my new vids just once but they don't.

I have not made even enough money to take the money I have out....so yea...it sucks. You need at least $100 saved up in order to remove it and I thought it was coming in fast until it wasn't anymore.

Most people that are upset are simply jealous.... it's that simple. They wish they could be just like him but cannot be so they spew hate.

Heck... I'm jealous. Clearly VERY jealous he does what he does to make that amount of money but I wouldn't really want to upload a video every single day of my life...seriously. Maybe a few a week or some gameplay vids, which I have done actually. I did some Far Cry 4 vids and got quite a few hits just because I focused on 1 thing in particular to focus on....a lot of the side stuff basically and locations.

That led me to believe I could make money, but let me tell you...one day you're getting tons of views, then 1 month later no one gives 2 shits about you. That's why it's impressive to hold subscribers. I'd be ok if every single subscriber even watched my new vids just once but they don't.

I have not made even enough money to take the money I have out....so yea...it sucks. You need at least $100 saved up in order to remove it and I thought it was coming in fast until it wasn't anymore.

Well i wouldnt call myself jealous. Couldnt care less about his income

I just hate his retarded attitude in his videos 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I did say you were....but there is no reason to hate on someone if you simply don't like them. If you don't like him you simply don't watch his channel or heck, you don't even know who he is. There are plenty of guys that make money that I have no idea about.

This is also how I feel. Don't like his videos? Don't watch them, it's not like there's a shortage on videos on YouTube from other channels.

And his video response was pretty spot on.

Hey, he may pander to little kids, but he's actually pretty smart/cool guy. (from what I can tell).

Yeah, I personally don't find his content interesting but I don't really mind his existence. Goofy faces and sound effects aside, what he's doing is increasing the exposure of small indie games to a very large, young audience that may not have taken an interest in them otherwise. It's good for those indie developers and it's good to push gaming that much closer to mainstream appeal and acceptance.

PewDiePie is the reason why so many other youtubers try to follow the method of screaming and overreacting to everything just to cash in while the game they play is still cool. 

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Good for him.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE