Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

Hello!
I have been watching Linus videos on Youtube for years and decided to join!

Studying for Google IT Professional Certification

Hey all!

I've been a fan of the YouTube channel for a while and in someways it influenced my recent switch to a PC platform. We'll, cost-effectiveness played a big part too!

I mainly work in sound for TV/Film and Music Production, so the windows 10 environment is a new frontier for me.  I have some interest in really digging into PC builds for Music Production and Audio editing workdloads. There is a growing amount of people like me looking into building custom PC rigs, but it's a small niche community and there isn't too much information about building a system to run DAWs and Multi-track recording!

Anyways, you'll hear more from me as I try to optimize my own system (just a Lenovo P50) to run cubase and ProTools more effectively! 

IMG_20180703_093028_092.jpg

Been watching Linus for years, thought it'd be a good idea to join the forums! 

Also because I may be building a new PC and who knows what may happen..

On 02/01/2013 at 9:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

I am so motivated to improve my channel and setup by looking at this, honestly brought tears into my eyes, this is so incredible how linus has managed to create such an amazing environment! I just hope theres one day that i can meet linus and talk to him in person and ask him questions on improving my setup and my channel...im mind blown <3 

Hello everyone,

Thank you LMG for creating so much content related to computers and other technologies. I have been watching your videos here and there throughout the years, and I got into the PCMR with my first family computer P4 many years ago. Now after the death of that computer many years ago I am finally building a new PC and thanks to your videos, Jayz and TechDeals I have been able to get back into this with more information. It has been a major update for me since I had to fill the gaps of so many years. Specially since I had a gap of information between intel P4 and the second gen of the core i series when I was trying to get back into this (but couldn't because of other reasons), and then another leap from there until now (without counting my 5th gen core i5 laptop).

Nonetheless, it has been a great help and I like your videos, very helpful and also entertaining with your team!

Just joined!
Thank you for the forum, I've only been on Danish hw forums since the early 2000's, and I've been looking for a new, more international, community.

I think I just found it!
Haven't built a desktop in forever, but I'm currently in the process of building an x79 Xeon system, so need to get my head back into this!

But yea, just saying hi to everyone, I look forward to being part of the community.

Last but not least! Thank you, for the amazing videos, finally a tech youtuber, with a continuous stream of quality content!

New member stopping in to say Hello. 

I’m an avid viewer of Linus Tech Tips on YouTube and a big fan. I am also looking forward to being apart of the Tech Tips forum community. 

Popped in to introduce myself. I'm Kochiha Ichihara, or KI if you prefer it short. I got sick of talking to the same people every day about tech so here I am. I love the channel(s), and I use them as guidelines for when I want to build things. I'm a musician and a voice actor, and I'm looking to break into video production proper having had a little experience with it in the past, but using vastly older equipment. If my name looks familiar, I'm one of the many voice actors from the Warhammer 40K parody series If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device on YouTube.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

As I listen to my wife snore, and await my fiber install, (I wish the company would hurry up) I while was busy shopping around for networking stuffs, I came across the forum while reading about 10gb switches and pfSence boxes....And no this isn't my real name...I just wanted something memorable and funny....so far this site is everything I dreamed it would be.

Needless to say I've been watching the LTT vids since before it was LTT....definitely some quality entertainment there.

Hello, everyone!

I'm a tech enthusiast from Romania, currently I am working as an IT Manager, but due to change soon.

I've dabbled around pretty much everything the uses bytes to communicate and I hope I'll find a nice community of tech enthusiast around here!

Hi all!

I just joined about 2 days ago. 

I joined because after years of watching Linus' YouTube Channel, I finally try to tinker my pc and was very excited of the result.  Just want to say Thanks to Linus and his crew for providing tech info so a average joe like me can do some tinkering on his pc!  

Hello!

I've only been a subscriber since October 2017, but better late than never! After watching a few build guides I decided to take it upon myself to build my own rig, very grateful that I left the el-cheapo laptop owner crowd B|

Long time watcher, first time poster. This forum is a great community with a lot of knowledge, and I'll be happy to meet some people who share my interests - friends and family just aren't into computer stuff.

I'm a mechanical designer by day, and an enthusiast PC builder and modder by night. Looking forward to sharing some of my future builds.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Gaming | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz x 16GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Noctua NH-D9L Dual Fan | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Noctua 200mm (modded) and 80mm fans | Thermaltake Core V1 (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

New member, finally deciding to break the mold and actually join the hordes of watchers. Middle brother's a long-time fan, told me to check out the channel a year or two ago and I've been watching ever since. Love the content, super informative and reignited the fire that I needed to revive/overhaul the last build that I did (overclocked FX-8320 + GTX 970 to a Ryzen 5 1600 + 1080 Ti). I like to keep the ones that I grew up building with my stepfather around my desk, to remind me just how much fun I had in the hobby.

Looking forward to future videos, I think I'll stick around the community for a while and see what else I can learn. Cheers.

-Renault

Codename: Relay Station Sigma MK.III | Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (White) | CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (Clocked at 3.4GHz) | Mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32GB TridentZ RGB DDR4-2933 | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G

New LTT insignia on YouTube is too messy. I understand going for a modern abstract logo, but I believe you've missed the mark. The new logo doesn't stand out among my feed, while also managing to not be easily identifiable as LTT.  I'm open to a new logo, but I believe your talented team can do better.  I've watched you create high quality content for 5 years and only want provide my opinion as some outside guidance.  Keep up the good work and good luck.