Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Been watching on youtube for a good while now, and tonight I'm sat sipping a beer and watching City get beat and figured I'd join up.  So here I am!

Hi all!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the membership. Im looking forward to communicating with you guys

On 1/3/2013 at 8:33 AM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

LinusDropTips v3.0

I am new to this forum and after watching LTT for a while now I thought about joining but decided watching videos was fun, I however decided to join because it might be fun to talk with other people and reddit is a good place but this forum probably has people who are active on both.

I will keep this short and say that when I am not working or out with my family/friends I will pop in to these forums and browse through them and see if I can't help anyone or even take part in some of the conversations.

I am also learning Japanese so

よろしくおねがいします (can be translated as Nice to meet you / Please be kind to me)

Hello everyone long time LTT viewer here and deiced to finally join the forum. First Linus video I remember seeing is the review he did on the Everki Titan laptop backpack.

Thought I'd finally join after watching since the very early days of LTT (really NCIX Tech Tips then).

Looking forward to some good topics and discussions when I get around to building out a NAS and other home networking equipment.

hello all love all the LMG shows I am a Automotive tech.... with hobbies in building pc's have not built one since 1998 but looking at building a new one now.... If anyone has automotive tech questions i will do my best to answer them..... love technology and theses shows are awesome thanks Linus!

Hi, everyone. I'm new (everyone knows that), I look forward to having fun with you all in this platform.

PS: Feel free to critique my setup, I find it funny even looking at it.

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

Hi all

Greetings from Johannesburg... Great to be part of LTT forums! 

Greetings all from Durham NC in the US! I am new to the forums but have been a follower of LTT for years, not sure why I hadn't thought about coming here sooner! Can not wait to explore the forums and talk with fellow LTTers. 

A little background: I currently work as on Operations manager and lead tech for the Durham NC ubreakifix location and have great experience with personal electronics, PCs, gaming consoles, and basically anything with a power button.  If I see anyone on here struggling with anything I have experience in I will definitely try my best to help out if I can! 

Hope if you are reading this your day has went well! With that I shall start browsing, enjoy everyone!

New screen dropped here. Looking forward to gain divine technology knowledge and also to know about why CGI linus is doing in all the videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. It has helped me multiple times.;-)

I am probably a nerd that loves tech.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, just registered, though been watching tube vids from Linus for a while.

Been into PC's since 486 days, built and used a lot of different machines. I have oc'd, volt modded and water cooled in the past. I'm into FPS, rpg and some platform games, though I'm playing WOW atm.

Here are a few of my previous builds-

my gaming rig

TiggerTower

BLACK TO THE CORE(UPDATEIII)

I have attached a few pics of my current rig. I recently switched from an aio to a noctua nh-D15.

If this is in the wrong place soory, and can a mod move it. thx

Tiggerlator

IMAG0013.jpg

IMG_0040.JPG

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

1aryw9.jpg

Probably not, but OK. 

I'm here already for a bit, but I completely forgot to say "hi". Suppose I'm the stereotypical rude Dutch person here. So:

Hi from Ireland!

My new current system:

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | RAM: G-Skill Trident Royal 32gHz @ 3600 mHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC | SoundCard: SoundblasterX AE5 white pure| Storage: Toshiba 3TB; Seagate 2TB; WD Blue 4TB; Seagate 8TB Samsung EVO 980 500 GB PCIe 4 NVME; Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4 NVME x 2 | Case: Thermaltake the Tower 900 | Monitor: Toshiba HD 32"; Dell 24"; 7" hardware monitor LCD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Propellors: Thermaltake Riing plus 12 x 8; Thermaltake Riing plus 14 x 3; Thermaltake Riing sync 12 x 2 and 5 other propellors for a push-pull config on a 360 and 480 rad | Cooling and remaining stuff: dual custom loop with a) one EK D5 Revo pump and b) one EK D5 Quantum Inertia pump.

On 1/2/2013 at 7:03 PM, LinusTech said:

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.

We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.

Linus

Hi just wanting to say hi. Just joined after watching Steve's video and how you want this kind of as a fallback plan so I decided to join it. Been watching LTT, Techquickie, and Techlinked for quite a while now but just never joined the forum. So just a hi for now...

Also this my first ever time being a part of a forum and everything looks really different but yeah