Gaming headset

computerdummy

Hey! I'm trying to find a good headset for a PC a gamer. I would prefer not to spend more than $60 but if they're all crap then I'll consider it. Want a headset that has clear sound, no interference, and a good mic. Also I hear that Razer is a good brand. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!!

Razer isnt a good brand.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

i got a razer kraken and it is terrible get a hyperx cloud

the steel series sibera v2 and v3 are decent headsets. The hyperX cloud is also one of my favorites

Hey! I'm trying to find a good headset for a PC a gamer. I would prefer not to spend more than $60 but if they're all crap then I'll consider it. Want a headset that has clear sound, no interference, and a good mic. Also I hear that Razer is a good brand. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!!

I'd go for the Razer Kraken pro or the HyperX Cloud 1's the Cloud 2's aren't worth the extra money IMO. ( http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98) HEre are the Cloud 1's. They are on sale atm.

Razer isnt a good brand.

There headsets are nice and so are there keyboards and mice, Its when you get into that chroma shit when it starts becoming a bad brand or there laptops. The BlackWidow Ultimate is very nice and so is the razer naga hex and the razer kraken pro.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

i got a razer kraken and it is terrible get a hyperx cloud

What was wrong with it?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Steelseries Siberia

When in doubt: C4

i have the steelseries wireless H.  I love them but they are 300.  My wife on the other hand had a similar request.  I directed her to Afterglo wireless.  Sound is acceptable and mic is also acceptable.  They are likely in the 80 dollar range in the U.S.  They were 99 here in Canada.  They have a relatively sturdy build.  You can get multiple colored led out of them.  Build quality is fairly sturdy.  If you do not want wireless then I dont have a good suggestion as my last wired headset was turtle beach.

My brother games a lot.  He has had these headphones for 2 years and he is happy with them.  

the sound is terrible my apple and samsung earbuds sound better

I didn't have a problem. Then again I tinkered around in Razer Synapse to get even better quality. My only complaint was they were uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks. Felt like they were queezing my head . I ordered my HyperX Cloud 1's yesterday :)

I didn't have a problem. Then again I tinkered around in Razer Synapse to get even better quality. My only complaint was they were uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks. Felt like they were queezing my head . I ordered my HyperX Cloud 1's yesterday :)

after half a year they still make my ears really sore after 2 hours and they only sound good when it comes to bass but i dont really like music with heavy bass

Steelseries 5HV3 collapsible headset with superb sound quality and an "OK" microphone. If you want something affordable look for the Turtlebeach PX21 new on eBay, it's ridiculously good for the $20 you pay.

junker build in the making

HyperX Cloud is pretty nice and Razer is shit at almost everything.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

The only thing anyone should ever consider buying from Razer is their mice. And I hear those haven't been top quality as of late.

For right around that budget the HyperX Clouds are the best there is.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Dont cheap out on a gaming headset. get a good quality brand headset. i have had serveral no-names die on me in the past.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

For your budget, the Kingston Hyper X Clouds is what you need. They are definitely way more comfortable and better than the Steelseries headsets if your choice boils down to those 2. I own both headsets and the clouds are just such a good bang for the buck. It is also a lot more comfortable than the steelseries. Also comes with a lot more extras. 

Get the Clouds, I believe these are what you are looking for.

^ Do this. Don't get the clouds they have poor build quality and aren't as good for gaming as open cans like pas008 is offering.

^ Do this. Don't get the clouds they have poor build quality and aren't as good for gaming as open cans like pas008 is offering.

Ummm the dude has 60 bucks.. and clouds are great.. they are the revamped qpads.. i suggest you do some research or own a pair before you comment on a products build quality.

The logitech g series are very comfortable and sound good enough for gaming. I prefer something extremely comfortable for a gaming headset. I have the G930s which I don't suggest because the wireless is spotty, but I could wear them for days on end without any discomfort which is all I could ask for in a "gaming" headset.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

Ummm the dude has 60 bucks.. and clouds are great.. they are the revamped qpads.. i suggest you do some research or own a pair before you comment on a products build quality.

The Clouds are decent headphones for the money however the mic is known to stop working and the USB sound module isn't very reliable according to feedback on retailers as well as forums (including LTT). The Clouds are closed not open. Open or semi-open headphones offer better enemy positioning than closed cans.  

Here are some options from my 'research'. Enjoy.

If you got a good pair of Clouds (instead of these) and they give you superb enemy positioning congrats! 

These don't look the same to me - from the freq response to the microphone element size and sensitivity to the warranty.

2py0p5e.png

2yjoj2r.png

The Clouds are decent headphones for the money however the mic is known to stop working and the USB sound module isn't very reliable according to feedback on retailers as well as forums (including LTT). The Clouds are closed not open. Open or semi-open headphones offer better enemy positioning than closed cans.  

If you got a good pair of Clouds (instead of these) and they give you superb enemy positioning congrats! 

The guy has 60 dollars.. your suggestion may end up being better but also 50% more expensive. I am looking at feedback from retailers and can confirm that for 10 great reviews comes with 1 average or problematic review of the clouds. Now im not saying the clouds are perfect as I am sure there are many other options out there, but they may be what he needs for the budget. 

These don't look the same to me - from the freq response to the microphone element size and sensitivity to the warranty.

2py0p5e.png

2yjoj2r.png

You keep editing your post so its hard to follow.. What I have said is that they are revamped qpads meaning that qpad makes the headsets. Im not saying its the exact same headset. And the headset you have there is the Hyper X cloud 2's which are not the same as the Cloud 1'S. However, its easy to find the few reviews that come with problems. That's basically showing someone a poor review or problem with the few people that got unlucky with say.. a GTX 980 and telling them that it could come with problems. The cloud 2's are definitely not a bang for your buck and I do not recommend those.