Gaming headset

computerdummy

Sorry guys but i would go with the logitech G430 as I previously owned one the mic quality is amazing. it also has 7.1 surround sound with amazing quality. i see people are recommending the Razer Kraken but they break really quickly my friend bought one and was really excited about it then it broke 2 months later fro no fault of his own. I also see people recommending the hyper x cloud. This headset has ok sound but it really lacks in the microphone department with people struggling to hear you. There are some good steelseries head sets out there but I would still recommend the logitech. Link to the amazon buy page :
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Gaming-Headset-Technology/dp/B00CQ35C1Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1431473866&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+g430

don't forget to put the linus media group as your affiliate code :).

• 1 month later...

Also I hear that Razer is a good brand.

O_O

O__O

O___O

2000px-National_Security_Agency.svg.png

THIS IS THE NSA

WE HAVE REASONS TO BELIEVE SOMEONE BY THE NAME OF JONATHAN RAZER, IS SPREADING FALSE RUMOURS ACROSS THE INTERNET.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Its when you get into that chroma shit when it starts becoming a bad brand or there laptops.

Which is why Linus uses a Razer Blade as his daily driver :)  All Razer stuff sucks, the only thing that I would buy from them (although I still won't do it) is their laptop.  #Cherry>Kailh

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Which is why Linus uses a Razer Blade as his daily driver :)  All Razer stuff sucks, the only thing that I would buy from them (although I still won't do it) is their laptop.  #Cherry>Kailh

I just can't see paying that much for a keyboard, I have had a Razer blackwidowmultimate and Razer naga hex for 6 plus months now and have had no problems with it. I no longer have my kraken pros but instead have my HyperX Clouds. My next keyboard is gonna be a Ducky, and I've chosen CherryMx Bluenswitches since they are basically the equivalent to Razer green switches, aren't brown the same thing except they aren't clicky correct? Laptop wise if I had to choose a daily driver which I wouldn't I'd probably go with a Lenovo Y50. Gaming laptops I'd rather go for ASUS or MSI and spend no more then $1200 just because anything more to me would be wasting my money since at $1200 most laptops will handle anything at 1080p. I've had no issues with their peripheals and can't see why people don't like them.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I just can't see paying that much for a keyboard, I have had a Razer blackwidowmultimate and Razer naga hex for 6 plus months now and have had no problems with it. I no longer have my kraken pros but instead have my HyperX Clouds. My next keyboard is gonna be a Ducky, and I've chosen CherryMx Bluenswitches since they are basically the equivalent to Razer green switches, aren't brown the same thing except they aren't clicky correct? Laptop wise if I had to choose a daily driver which I wouldn't I'd probably go with a Lenovo Y50. Gaming laptops I'd rather go for ASUS or MSI and spend no more then $1200 just because anything more to me would be wasting my money since at $1200 most laptops will handle anything at 1080p. I've had no issues with their peripheals and can't see why people don't like them.

Fan boy, it's worth it.  Cherry is way better than Kailh, and some of the keyboards come in under $100, just like the Blackwidow.  You're also arguing against yourself by saying that you like HyperX Clouds and Ducky more than Razer. 

Also, people don't like Razer because some people want quality instead of Chinese plastic.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Fan boy, it's worth it.  Cherry is way better than Kailh, and some of the keyboards come in under $100, just like the Blackwidow.  You're also arguing against yourself by saying that you like HyperX Clouds and Ducky more than Razer. 

Also, people don't like Razer because some people want quality instead of Chinese plastic.

It isn't being a fanboy it's from having personal experience. Saying cherry is better also doesn't say anything to me since from personal experience with four of the cherry switches I still chose Razer green switches. I personal don't like Razer audio, it's not horrible just the build structure around the audio is bad, their wires aren't braided on the Krakens and cause it to strip easily with simple use. So I moved to HyperX Clouds, I will be trying one more switch from Cherry and it will be the Blue switches on a Ducky Shine 2, 3 or 5 whatever I choose by then. Saying " some people want quality instead of Chineese plastic" just doesn't make sense when I can bet you have something made it China in your household. I bet something in your current PC has been in China at one point or another.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It isn't being a fanboy it's from having personal experience. Saying cherry is better also doesn't say anything to me since from personal experience with four of the cherry switches I still chose Razer green switches. I personal don't like Razer audio, it's not horrible just the build structure around the audio is bad, their wires aren't braided on the Krakens and cause it to strip easily with simple use. So I moved to HyperX Clouds, I will be trying one more switch from Cherry and it will be the Blue switches on a Ducky Shine 2, 3 or 5 whatever I choose by then. Saying " some people want quality instead of Chineese plastic" just doesn't make sense when I can bet you have something made it China in your household. I bet something in your current PC has been in China at one point or another.

It's horrible... believe me.

And yes, something in my "PC" probably has been in China, it's a Macbook Pro.  And I was exaggerating, lol.  Get the joke you overprotective fan boy.

Formerly TheFlurryGames