Needing An Engine For a Project...........

Samsterstorm

Hi guys,

(Story time)

So many years ago when I was around 5-6 (now 15 but always been told I am very mature for my age!) my parents bought me one of these:

post-131546-0-00041100-1431017563_thumb.

And now its sitting in the back garden in many bits and a bit rusty and looking very VERY tired. I have had a lot of memories on that go kart! I did not have many friends but when you are the only kid on the block with one of those and you are 6 it is pretty unusual! People always wanting to have go and have a ride on the back (came with a removable back seat!). I met some of my best friends now from that kart! 

Anyway emotional story over! So I want to get it back on the road and usable again. BUT, I have been in love with the idea, since about 10, of putting an engine on it so that I get the chance to try out my mechanic and fabrication skills. Now I finally have those skills I want to put them to use and accomplish what I have dreamed of for a long time.   

Now obviously I do not have a bottomless pit of money and this kind of project never ends up being very cheap! What with paint and sandpaper and parts! Not to mention the engine all that is needed to go with it! 

So I am wondering if anyone near me (Cambridge UK) has a working spare engine (4 stroke please and 5hp and above) that they are willing to give away for free or know any good ways of getting one for free?

Cheers guys!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Hi guys,

(Story time)

So many years ago when I was around 5-6 (now 15 but always been told I am very mature for my age!) my parents bought me one of these:

attachicon.gifGo kart Berg Extra Blue AF-800x800.jpg

And now its sitting in the back garden in many bits and a bit rusty and looking very VERY tired. I have had a lot of memories on that go kart! I did not have many friends but when you are the only kid on the block with one of those and you are 6 it is pretty unusual! People always wanting to have go and have a ride on the back (came with a removable back seat!). I met some of my best friends now from that kart! 

Anyway emotional story over! So I want to get it back on the road and usable again. BUT, I have been in love with the idea, since about 10, of putting an engine on it so that I get the chance to try out my mechanic and fabrication skills. Now I finally have those skills I want to put them to use and accomplish what I have dreamed of for a long time.   

Now obviously I do not have a bottomless pit of money and this kind of project never ends up being very cheap! What with paint and sandpaper and parts! Not to mention the engine all that is needed to go with it! 

So I am wondering if anyone near me (Cambridge UK) has a working spare engine (4 stroke please and 5hp and above) that they are willing to give away for free or know any good ways of getting one for free?

Cheers guys!

Maybe you can look at a nearby scrapyard for some lawnmower (or similar machinery) engines

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

go to a bugatti store- break in using a rock take the v16 engine. go to hawaii to stay low for a while. go back to your house. get ductape tape. tape the wheels to the liters ;)

Don't forget the zip ties

Steve

I doubt you find one for free but it might be an idea to find an old lawn mower and rip something off. Alternatively ask round your local kart track during an event. I used to race at Red Lodge which is in Suffolk but it's full of great guys who can help. 

go to a bugatti store- break in using a rock take the v16 engine. go to hawaii to stay low for a while. go back to your house. get ductape tape. tape the wheels to the liters ;)

Pretty sure its a w16???

And er no sorry not gunna happen! 

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

To much in gas. And the weight distribution would be off.  Just saying

I doubt you find one for free but it might be an idea to find an old lawn mower and rip something off. Alternatively ask round your local kart track during an event. I used to race at Red Lodge which is in Suffolk but it's full of great guys who can help. 

Yeah I do rental at Red Lodge! Maybe I will hunt around at scrapyard or tip

To much in gas. And the weight distribution would be off.  Just saying

Only problem i see there

Bugatti doesn't use a V16 engine. 

Don't forget the zip ties

Always

Bugatti doesn't use a V16 engine. 

w16 quad turbo 

its ok i like my v24 better

Anyone that thinks it's okay to line up twelve cylinders and let it rip needs to be punished. :P

Anyone that thinks it's okay to line up twelve cylinders and let it rip needs to be punished. :P

For someone there is "No replacement for displacement"

For someone there is "No replacement for displacement"

"Common sense is not common"

if i where you i would look around for minarelli AM6 engines. all have up to 10 horsepower and they are very common.

they are used for mopeds like derbi senda's and aprilia rs50's

also, minarelli engines are very easy to tune. just get a better exhaust and a bigger carb and you'll be running your kart at about 60MPH

if i where you i would look around for minarelli AM6 engines. all have up to 10 horsepower and they are very common.

they are used for mopeds like derbi senda's and aprilia rs50's

also, minarelli engines are very easy to tune. just get a better exhaust and a bigger carb and you'll be running your kart at about 60MPH

They two stroke? And how loud cause dont want to be making to much noise! 

They two stroke? And how loud cause dont want to be making to much noise! 

2 stroke, 6 speed. the loudness depends heavily on the kind of exhaust you'll be using. tough if you go for stock then it shouldn't be any louder then a normal car.

also, plenty of aftermarket stuff for these engines!

2 stroke, 6 speed. the loudness depends heavily on the kind of exhaust you'll be using. tough if you go for stock then it shouldn't be any louder then a normal car.

also, plenty of aftermarket stuff for these engines!

Just looked at my minimoto and it has a AM6 in it! Without the 6 speed! It has been heavily modded by the previous owner, I kinda wanna go 4 stroke for this build

I once bought an old 4 cylinder from a little Toyota truck for $100 USD. Wasn't much in a car, but 150 hp in a little go cart.... It was a bit scary so I took it apart

I once bought an old 4 cylinder from a little Toyota truck for $100 USD. Wasn't much in a car, but 150 hp in a little go cart.... It was a bit scary so I took it apart

Fucking hell, sounds like death mate! 

I kinda wanna go 4 stroke for this build

then i would go for the engine of a Honda Monkey z50a.

those things should be pretty powerful. usually 4 speed. and ofcourse 4 stroke!