Experiences with non-techies

xD

为什么所有的东西是英语

means...

Why all the stuff is in English

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

It only the most popular thread on the forum :P After all who doesn't want a good facedesk every now and a again?

And yes I do have a life out side of this. So yeah.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

friends lcd on his 'decent' laptop broke so he decided to break every component inside, including the 500gd wd blue drive, 8gb of corsair ddr3 laptop memory. his reasoning was 'it was broke anyway' 

No no no no no no no no no no no say it ain't so.

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you not the stupidest. but silliest thing i have ever seen in my life.

i mean, she did good... but... but... but... you'll know what i mean when you see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEAfS14Zvo

ALLL THE WATTS!!!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you not the stupidest. but silliest thing i have ever seen in my life.

i mean, she did good... but... but... but... you'll know what i mean when you see it.

`50%

Ouch my eyes! The cable management, blue motherboard and the stock cpu cooler.

Oh and that psu is clearly overkill...

Although that being said she actually built that herself and it's not like I'm sexist but all the girls I know are incredibally tech incompetent. Also when I was building my pc (Before watching Linus) I wasn't that much better than her.

People thinking they can download RAM....

1. Yeah I hear that a lot lately.

2. 24 post and "Popular?"

2 hours to load it I swear. just sitting there in front of a dell... I could of upgraded the ram and gpu faster than it took to load that page on intel hd graphics 2000 and 512mb of ddr1 ram 

Intel HD 2000 and DDR1? I don't think so. look again.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

People thinking they can download RAM....

Wait, you cant do that?? Damn.... =D

Intel HD 2000 and DDR1? I don't think so. look again.

I don't know I didn't look inside it could of very well been sdram 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

x32 based processor's

x86*

x86 = 32bit

x64= 64bit 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't know I didn't look inside it could of very well been sdram 

512mb PC133? HD graphics 2000? Try again.

HD 2000 is on Sandybridge processors. They all used DDR3.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

512mb PC133? HD graphics 2000? Try again.

HD 2000 is on Sandybridge processors. They all used DDR3.

I have no idea it was integrated graphics and since I have some self respect for myself I never used them before so therefor as a noob to integrated graphics I assumed that higher number=newer 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

maybe he is using some ps3 or xbox emulator for pc ?

It going to be a while till cell emulation is perfected

It going to be a while till cell emulation is perfected

Haha.. Perfect...Cell

fbd90d0fbf50198f7876687fc4c7fa5b.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I wana cry. Some old lady was just talking to me about wifi. How do I pay for wifi? how do I use it? Can I send a message through google? wheres wifi? I want internet but im not sure if I get a flash drive or internet.. What the hell??? T_______T

Ive been bombarded with random crap that makes no sense. T___________T

I consulted a friend who wanted a gaming PC, told him what to buy and said I charge a 10% flat rate for the first day and hourly after that with free repairs.  On the day I go over to his house to build the PC he tells me he also invited another friend who knows a bit about computers.  I don't know if you know the feeling of being around another tech head, but just the thought got me excited because I know nobody else irl that enjoys PCs as much as I do.  I go over there and explain what's going in the PC, just a simple APU build.  He knew nothing except for basic identification of the parts.  I was super disappointed, so I spent the next 2 hours putting it together while simultaneously explaining and answering questions.  I had a great time doing it, don't get me wrong, and to their surprise it booted up first time, at which point the one friend said, "Hey, I thought this was going to be quiet, you lied to me."  Then I had to explain to him that I had to change the settings in the BIOS, he then proceeded to say the computer didn't come with a BIOS and looked in the case's box.  I was thoroughly amused.

I have an update to this, he has become interested in gaming hardware and even talked about a motherboard he looked at on Newegg, I was so proud.  :)

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Had a guy whos iPhone was "getting hot" So I said we would have to send it to Apple. 1: Its already been replaced once and he has no documentation for that replacement. 2: He hasnt backed anything up. 3: He doesnt even have a proof of purchase.

Hes lucky I have sorted my log in for our new systems and could get some of his old IMEI details. The worst part is he complained that he would have to come all the way over from Takaka which is an hour away. But thats not my fault his dumb ass wants to live nowhere near our shop. I could have had it sorted if he had all his paperwork. Today is gona be dumb customers all around.

last night my dad plugged his phone in to charge as you do every night and he didn't push it in far enough. the next morning his phone was flat (dead flat). anyway he had to go to work so he charged it in the car the trip to work i s like 10 minutes so his phone had like 18% battery. he gets home tonight to plug his phone in wwhen his finds the cord all cut up on the floor. he ask my mum why it is cut up  and she said because it didn't charge his phone last night....     

every other person in the house was like FAIL

That's Thiojoe, and that's actually a troll video on his comedy channel, he does actual tech videos as well on a different channel

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

I've heard ''yeah, intel i7 are pretty beasty, but the intel i8... WOW... that thing is epic.'' xD.

i8 ?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

"I personally have two GT 640's in Crossfire" - A Futureshop Employee my friend was talking to. 

We both laughed for a straight hour when he told me. Now everytime we talk tech I tell him to get GT 640's in crossfire lol.

Lol gt640 doesn't support sli, not counting that he said crossfire instead of sli.