Gaming build need CPU

Go to solution Solved by Fate,

My friend wants to build a gaming pc for as cheap as he can. 

But what cpu (AMD or intel) performs the best in DayZ?

Hands down Intel, DayZ relies on very few, strong cores. AMD's cores are relatively very weak. 

Intel would be your best choice.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

gaming = Intel

No further discussion

But low end often means AMD.

Depends on the budget and other stuff in the build

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That is a matter of preference, AMDs are great, Intels are great, really depends on what you are wanting to spend, AMDs generally draw more power than Intel, yet Intel are generally more expensive than AMD, performance wise they are about equal.. 

But low end often means AMD.

Depends on the budget and other stuff in the build

oh, i missed the OP saying "as cheap as possible"

well, still i3 outperforms 8 core AMD in gaming :)

In the search bar at the top of the page, type AMD VS Intel

This gets asked almost on a daily basis, always has many responses,.. easy to find info if you search.

If you don't wanna..thats fine.

DO NOT limit your thinking to 'What One Game' works better on each system..

You should be checking ALLROUND performance in a range of games.

AMD Wins the Budget RENDERER Video content creation machine.

Quadcore Intel CPU's Win in Everything else.

AMD is also not the budget option anymore, price>realworld performance is the realistic factor in play...

You can get a better performing Intel rig for a similar price to a lesser performing AMD rig.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

That is a matter of preference, AMDs are great, Intels are great, really depends on what you are wanting to spend, AMDs generally draw more power than Intel, yet Intel are generally more expensive than AMD, performance wise they are about equal.. 

Power isn't the isue. Just for the cheap end. Which does better in the game DayZ. Thats the only thing that really matters(and price)

In the search bar at the top of the page, type AMD VS Intel

This gets asked almost on a daily basis, always has many responses,.. easy to find info if you search.

If you don't wanna..thats fine.

DO NOT limit your thinking to 'What One Game' works better on each system..

You should be checking ALLROUND performance in a range of games.

AMD Wins = Budget RENDERER Video content creation machine.

Intel Wins = Everything else.

AMD is also not the budget option anymore, price>realworld performance is the realistic factor in play...

I was just looking at the one exact game and if anyone has played DayZ with chips on both sides. 

Power isn't the isue. Just for the cheap end. Which does better in the game DayZ. Thats the only thing that really matters(and price)

In dayz and arma in general Intel does much better than amd.

gaming = Intel

No further discussion

nah m8 intel is for quickscopers AMD is 4 noscopers bruh

But in all seriousness, AMD is better performance for price, while Intel has just better overall performance without a low budget.

How to starting a fight on LTT forums:

Step 1: Ask "AMD or Intel?"

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

nah m8 intel is for quickscopers AMD is 4 noscopers bruh

But in all seriousness, AMD is better performance for price, while Intel has just better overall performance without a low budget.

bruh, i got my i3 for cheaper than the 8350 (which i first meant to buy) and it's better in gaming(my friend has 8350 + 970), BUT for editing/streaming it's not. (BUT i'm not doing that stuff) :P

I was just looking at the one exact game and if anyone has played DayZ with chips on both sides. 

Which is fine,.. but eventually Arma3 servers will shutdown, and you'll be playing other games in the future.

Or he'll be playing other games sooner,.. because he has a new baller CPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

bruh, i got my i3 for cheaper than the 8350 (which i first meant to buy) and it's better in gaming(my friend has 8350 + 970), BUT for editing/streaming it's not. (BUT i'm not doing that stuff) :P

your not editing or streaming...

so you must be quickscoping

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

your not editing or streaming...

so you must be quickscoping

hahhaha :) nah, i only play SP games, sometimes MP

Meh, if you want to go really cheapo get a 860K from AMD or if you have a bit more spare cash pick up an Intel i3 CPU. Couple either with a 750ti or something similar and you'll be good to run most games at mid to high settings at 1080p

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

hahhaha :) nah, i only play SP games, sometimes MP

ah well mlg kermit likes to noscope so naturally i dislike the quickscopers

Just thought i would link this since i am a fanboy of saving money.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Which is fine,.. but eventually Arma3 servers will shutdown, and you'll be playing other games in the future.

Or he'll be playing other games sooner,.. because he has a new baller CPU.

He is going from a laptop.   

All he cares about is spintire(anything can run it) 

Minecraft, gmod and DayZ

Hands down Intel, DayZ relies on very few, strong cores. AMD's cores are relatively very weak. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

intel core i3-4150 and cheapest H97 board is the way to go for a budget gaming rig.

This will perform better than anything AMD has on the market right now, especially when it comes to CPU intensive single-threaded games such as DayZ, ARMA 3, any MMO's, most RTS...etc.

in SOME games the FX-6300 or FX-8320 would outperform the Core i3 (watchdogs, crysis 3, battlefield, dragon age...) but it's not by much and it comes with a very hefty cost: no upgrade path what so ever, much higher power consumption (= more heat, more noise...), require overclocking in order to ''slightly'' edge the core i3 in those games = aftermarket CPU cooling solution, more expensive motherboard, mastering overclocking (CPU luck of the draw, high chances of getting a potato overclocker)

Much better to just go intel.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR