Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

*less active

Everyday there's about the same amount of people

No not less active, the fonts... the buttons theyre 30% smaller

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I was doing a repair for someone, and when I suggested they upgraded their MacBook up from 2GB of RAM, he looked worried, and asked if that would erase everything he had saved on it.

I had to explain the difference between RAM and a hard drive to him, and he finally trusted me.

I did this to reduce the noise created by the vibrations of the fan. Nothing bad has happened it's just kind of not recommended...

2014_06_07.jpg

This is actually genius… Patent it quick, before companies start selling 'Advanced Rubber-Based Anti-Vibration Straps' for fans!

Continueing to use 5 year old hard drives.

My 7 year old drive still works perfectly. Don't see an issue with this.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

My 7 year old drive still works perfectly. Don't see an issue with this.

Aaah... But the issue is Im useing a 5 year old 74GB hdd... And its filled to 67GB.... Did I mention its my boot drive?

Aaah... But the issue is Im useing a 5 year old 74GB hdd... And its filled to 67GB.... Did I mention its my boot drive?

Was in the same boat 6 months ago.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Was in the same boat 6 months ago.

This boat is very cramped, and a bit slow

What they are doing with the graphics of Watch_Dogs is so annoying

The fact i haven't upgraded my desktop in a decade because of other obligations and i inherited 2 laptops (gifts from repair jobs. details on that in a different thread). My desktop is still running a Pentium 4, with an Abit IS7-V2 mobo, 2g of ram, and a Diamond Stealth Radeon 9550 in an agp 8x... Correction admitting my desktop specs in public. :'( But i am fixing that in the near future and won't let it lapse for another  decade.

Dummest one I've heard, 

go download more ram lol  :lol:

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

One of the two computers in my house is 10 years old and still gets used on a regular bases(Not by me haha)

Dummest one I've heard, 

go download more ram lol  :lol:

I'm embarressed to say I've heard someone say that before too :lol:

plugged a usb thumb drive to the ethernet port on my laptop can't help it.. it fits right in to it -.-

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 | MB: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | RAM: GSkill Ripjawx 8gb DDR3 1600 | VGA: Gigabyte GTX560 OC | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb, 2X Intel 330 60gb | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb | CASE: Modded NZXT Souce 220 | Cooling: Deepcool Iceblade Pro | PSU: Seasonic M12II 520w | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Mousepad: Razer Vespula | Monitor: Dell E2314H

plugged a usb thumb drive to the ethernet port on my laptop can't help it.. it fits right in to it -.-

I feel you.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Happens to me too.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

OK, here are some stupid things I've done.

1.  Stuck my finger in a 6K RPM fan. Nearly broke my middle finger.
  2.  Licked a hard drive while moving. IDK why. Brain fart at the time.
  3.  Plugging in a USB into my ethernet port.
  4.  Told my dad to get 56K internet.
  5.  Ripped the tray of my DVD drive while open. Didn't realize till I saw the tray on the floor.
  6.  Bent a laptop screen too far back. Almost broke the screen off.
  7.  Buying a GT610. 
  8. Sucker punch my computer.
  9. Buying a Raidmax PSU.
  10. LET MY BROTHER USE MY COMPUTER.

As you can see, that is a lot.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

USB drive doesn't and she (my boss) says it's "probably a virus". That is dumb but the weird part was the complete nonchalance about it as if a virus was no concern.

I made a computer with no GPU/ Aftermarket cooling thinking I'd "save up and buy them".  To all you people who are saving up for a PC: be patient.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

a friend said he had this genius idea to make money. 

his idea was a USB SSD to make computers faster, and he thought it was genius because it would be easy to do

I explained that A. this already exists B. it only makes your computer faster if you boot or run programs from it C. USB is not fast enough to handle the IOPS of a SSD

@, would he even know what IOPS is?

I bet he still didn't understand.

I didnt uninstall and pay for winwar after the trial... im going to hell :/

Same here.