GTX 970 Owners Club

I bought a GTX 970 SSC on craigslist for $100, going into my folding rig.

I guess I can revive this now. :P

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

30 minutes ago, Gofspar said:

I bought a GTX 970 SSC on craigslist for $100, going into my folding rig.

I guess I can revive this now. :P

lol lots of people have tried, but can the OP do it?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

mine are still going f@h 24/7 :D 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

On 12/3/2016 at 1:36 PM, Jumper118 said:

mine are still going f@h 24/7 :D 

same. :P

I guess I'll start making bios's again. :P

1 minute ago, Gofspar said:

I guess I'll start making bios's again. :P

hey maybe i could overclock my 970 decently if i run a custom BIOS, cant really get it anywhere with the stock sadly. kinda lost the silicon lottery :/ 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

hey maybe i could overclock my 970 decently if i run a custom BIOS, cant really get it anywhere with the stock sadly. kinda lost the silicon lottery :/ 

yeah I can take a look :D

dump your bios into google drive and I'll see what I can do.

Do you have samsung memory?

Just now, Gofspar said:

yeah I can take a look :D

dump your bios into google drive and I'll see what I can do.

Do you have samsung memory?

the samsung memory im not sure about, seeing as someone told me Gigabyte stoped using it right around the time i bought mine, also what would be the best software to do a BIOS dump with?

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the samsung memory im not sure about, seeing as someone told me Gigabyte stoped using it right around the time i bought mine, also what would be the best software to do a BIOS dump with?

GPU-Z will tell you what memory is on your card, and it has a bios dump feature.

click the little box next to bios version with the arrow coming out of it.

Just now, Gofspar said:

GPU-Z will tell you what memory is on your card, and it has a bios dump feature.

click the little box next to bios version with the arrow coming out of it.

yah just rememberd that i can find memory maker in GPU-Z, its Samsung :D the good stuff im pretty sure, tho my memory clocks never really got that high.. il do a BIOS dump right now then :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah just rememberd that i can find memory maker in GPU-Z, its Samsung :D the good stuff im pretty sure, tho my memory clocks never really got that high.. il do a BIOS dump right now then :) 

see if it'll do +500 in games, usually sammy will do that.

2 minutes ago, Gofspar said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByarGCi9GKqTbFRZN2tWejlJWkU

i remember from my last overclocking efforts getting +110 memory was scetchy sadly

Builds:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByarGCi9GKqTbFRZN2tWejlJWkU

i remember from my last overclocking efforts getting +110 memory was scetchy sadly

it should do over 2000mhz no problem. 1500/2000 is standard for a stock 970. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

it should do over 2000mhz no problem. 1500/2000 is standard for a stock 970. 

yah i kinda got screwed probably, dont remember much from it tbh but i think on the 359.06 drivers i got a +150 memory and around +100 core, its a pretty shitty overclocker with the ASIC quality beeing 67.2% :( 

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah i kinda got screwed probably, dont remember much from it tbh but i think on the 359.06 drivers i got a +150 memory and around +100 core, its a pretty shitty overclocker with the ASIC quality beeing 67.2% :( 

my slower card is 67.1% and its does 1520-1530 with max voltage in afterburner. my other is 74% and can do 1580mhz with max voltage (+89mv)

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

my slower card is 67.1% and its does 1520-1530 with max voltage in afterburner. my other is 74% and can do 1580mhz with max voltage (+89mv)

core or memory? mine is running 1753mhz stock on the memory but wont even get close to that core 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

core or memory? mine is running 1753mhz stock on the memory but wont even get close to that core 

core. memory is hynix so i'm stuck at 1920mhz

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

16 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

core. memory is hynix so i'm stuck at 1920mhz

53 minutes ago, Gofspar said:

think i found what the deal with my card is, i have no problems with anything at all, no artifacts at all even at a decent overclock, the the core hits 61C and everything goes to shits :/ well il make a more agressive fan curve and that should get me a better overclock hopefully and if Gofspar can mod me a BIOS then i can play even more :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

think i found what the deal with my card is, i have no problems with anything at all, no artifacts at all even at a decent overclock, the the core hits 61C and everything goes to shits :/ well il make a more agressive fan curve and that should get me a better overclock hopefully and if Gofspar can mod me a BIOS then i can play even more :D 

cant get it to stay under the magic 60 when running firestrike but games seem fine with it. and it also sounds like a turbo charged vacume with the custom fan curve i made lol, not going to keep going today, il do more overclocking at a later date

Builds:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

So I was told to come here but I'm having trouble OC my 970SSC. It's watercooled. Its stable in Valley Benchmark but not in my games?????

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

41 minutes ago, GamerMan said:

So I was told to come here but I'm having trouble OC my 970SSC. It's watercooled. Its stable in Valley Benchmark but not in my games?????

What clocks are you running it at?  What's the ASIC quality?  By watercooled, do you mean a full coverage block or......

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

14 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

What clocks are you running it at?  What's the ASIC quality?  By watercooled, do you mean a full coverage block or......

I have a kracken g10 on it. I'm just on the normal clocks now but at one point it was 120+Mhz with 18+ on the volts

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

Please list your GPU clocks, not your offsets.  Use GPUz sensors tab, it'll tell you what your card is boosting to, what voltage you're running and if you're hitting any kind of performance cap.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

Hell yeah I need this post. Planning to get a 970 for myself soon. Used of course. Any GPU I should avoid?

5 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Please list your GPU clocks, not your offsets.  Use GPUz sensors tab, it'll tell you what your card is boosting to, what voltage you're running and if you're hitting any kind of performance cap.

WOWOW.JPG

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG: