GTX 970 Owners Club

4 minutes ago, RyGuy99 said:

Unfortunately I just had a crash while playing Alice The Madness Returns for only about 20 minutes ?

use the 359.06 drivers. there good and stable 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

28 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

use the 359.06 drivers. there good and stable 

How do I get those drivers?

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, RyGuy99 said:

How do I get those drivers?

they have gotten me the highest overclocks for my 970 and i have almost never had any problems with them

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

they have gotten me the highest overclocks for my 970 and i have almost never had any problems with them

Ok but where do I get those drivers...and how do I install them over my current ones? Or do I have to wipe them and then install that version?

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

1 minute ago, RyGuy99 said:

Ok but where do I get those drivers...and how do I install them over my current ones? Or do I have to wipe them and then install that version?

use DDU to remove the old drivers and then go to NVIDIAs website and there should be an option to pick what driver version you want and then just pick 359.06

Builds:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ok thanks I might give that a try

1 minute ago, RyGuy99 said:

Ok thanks I might give that a try

no problem, just made me realise that i havent installed the GPU drivers for my LAN PC yet xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, RyGuy99 said:

Ok thanks I just did that and am reinstalling the drivers (as of today 368.39). Hopefully that works well. Thanks. I'll let you know how that goes.

I don't know much about drivers but does using the Geforce Experience Beta version have anything to do with my card's stability? I assume it wouldn't since it's just for updates and extra Nvidia features right? What about beta drivers? I was on 168.22 before.

i would stray away from BETA Drivers these are more for the high end user ,that knows that such a Driver can become an Issue ,so stick to WHQL Drivers. More or less Beta no .For me personally i just use the latest Driver but make sure Beta is unchecked in the Download section on Geforce Experience .Hope this helps a bit.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

I tried everything but going back to those older drivers that were suggested. I have hesitated since I've been playing a lot of Overwatch so I thought the newer drivers would be better. With some tinkering I thought I had a good overclock at 1600mhz (although it went down to 1590mhz after a while) with 22mv but now I'm getting a purple tint that comes over the screen while I'm playing Overwatch and sometimes even a black screen. I thought it was the game but reading online I saw it might be my card :( Drop my overclock? Run stock speeds? Downgrade my drivers?

On 2016-06-13 at 6:13 AM, RyGuy99 said:

I tried everything but going back to those older drivers that were suggested. I have hesitated since I've been playing a lot of Overwatch so I thought the newer drivers would be better. With some tinkering I thought I had a good overclock at 1600mhz (although it went down to 1590mhz after a while) with 22mv but now I'm getting a purple tint that comes over the screen while I'm playing Overwatch and sometimes even a black screen. I thought it was the game but reading online I saw it might be my card :( Drop my overclock? Run stock speeds? Downgrade my drivers?

running older drivers isnt really a downgrade, as i have said the 36x.xx drivers are pretty freaking SHIT so dont use them. use the most recent 35x.xx drivers. there good and i have not noticed any impact in preformance, rather the opposite seeing as i can run way higher overclocks with them. :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

On 6/18/2016 at 4:43 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

running older drivers isnt really a downgrade, as i have said the 36x.xx drivers are pretty freaking SHIT so dont use them. use the most recent 35x.xx drivers. there good and i have not noticed any impact in preformance, rather the opposite seeing as i can run way higher overclocks with them. :) 

Going back to those old drivers will still let me play newer games like Overwatch right?

16 hours ago, RyGuy99 said:

Going back to those old drivers will still let me play newer games like Overwatch right?

yes that should not be a problem, the only asholes about specific drivers are microsoft lol

Builds:

Spoiler

The oldest driver I could find for Windows 10 64 bit on the Nvidia website was 361.43 from December. That is probably old enough to work. I don't remember having those problems back then.

14 hours ago, RyGuy99 said:

The oldest driver I could find for Windows 10 64 bit on the Nvidia website was 361.43 from December. That is probably old enough to work. I don't remember having those problems back then.

huh odd, im sure there are 35x.xx drivers on there... anyway if it works good then use them

Builds:

Spoiler

I went back to 361.43 and my original OC without added voltage appears to be stable after some stress testing. Even 1600mhz is stable. I'll play some game and see if they hold up! 

• 1 month later...

Looking for some help please ,

About this time late year  i flash my g1 970 bios , so that fans would not start to spin until it reach certain degree , i had save the original bios file .ROM , but after upgrading to W10 and doing a clean     install i forgot to save the original bios file in case i ever needed to revert back to it ,

now here's my problem , im selling the GPU , and the person who is buying it wants to have the original bios installed ,

i have looked on the gigabytes 970 web site , and downloaded what i think is the latest firmware for the bois 

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209#bios

but nvflash will not let me install the bios neither will easy boost that gigabyte recommends using  

how can i flash the bios back to what should be the original bios, please

thanks

Where can i download the bios? I can't find the link.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Redicat said:

UPDATE YOUR ROMS BRO!! @Gofspar

this place has been dead for a while now tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

this place has been dead for a while now tbh

Grab your def and revive this sh*t

Just now, Redicat said:

Grab your def and revive this sh*t

did you brick your card? well i dont know much about roms because in the end i decided not to flash my card and then the 10 series came around and everyone was gone lol

Builds:

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

did you brick your card? well i dont know much about roms because in the end i decided not to flash my card and then the 10 series came around and everyone was gone lol

No? lol i was looking for a ROM that's all. I think i have a magic card i got like 1555Mhz boost without TDP increase its just 110%

• 2 weeks later...

sorry where are the bioses? can't find them anymore

"Screw YOU guys, I'm going hoeeme"