You ever feel like 3 screens isn't enough?

Syntaxvgm

I hate using just one screen. Ideally I'd have three in a horizontal row with one more on top in the middle, but money is something I lack...

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I run 4 screens (5 if you include the TV on my wall) I would love to swap my 4th (above the middle screen) for a nice LG 29" widescreen and another 2 23" screens either side to make 6. My aim it to get up to six screen on my  main setup by the end of the year.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Usually i have Chrome, 3 word docs open, and some other windows.

6 would be perfect especially when doing assignment work. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I have 3 and I don't want more :D

I feel 3 screens is too much.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I have two, and I feel that an ASUS VT207N would be great. Some things are really nice to use with touch.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I have only 2, sometimes I wish I had 3, but I don't have enough space  :(

@Syntaxvgm @TheGingerKid @othertomperson 

mention the member quote notifications don't work.

well most people quote instead of a mention unfortunately. @cesrai

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 x 27" screens on the PC here.  Sometimes considering getting a third one. 

The one thing that bothers me is that my laptop only has one screen.  If they can make a sliding panel that gives it dualscreen, I'd actually be using the laptop a lot more.

6?! Jesus, what the fuck are you doing on your PC that you need so much screen real estate......

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I must first say I have 2 computers I use at the same time.

So before I got a new and bigger desk, I used 4 monitors, 2 for each pc, stacked vertically (so 2x two ontop of each other). It was awesome. Now, as I've gotten a bigger desk, without a piece of wood to place those two higher monitors on, I've been running my setup with only 3 monitors horizontally nexy to each other (1 pc with 1, other pc with 2). I btw also downgraded one. It feels horrible. I have not enough screen real estate, and I miss having monitors ontop of each other. So yes, I feel three monitors is not enough. That's why, when a bookshelf, I'll be putti g two monitors on that, for a total of 5 monitors (1 pc 3, other pc 2). It'll be awesome, and I could not imagine going back to three or less displays, and to one computer instead two.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

theres a 55" 4k OLED tv for 4800$ this year ^^

id call that four screens for work and one very enjoyable one for gaming...

but, honesly, even for work... i wouldnt want more than 2 screens, or should i say, rather just one big 21:9

They aren't enough. And you're not the only one. :P

Currently running 6 displays myself. (1 21:9 display, the rest are standard 1080p. One of the is in portrait mode)

I wanted 6 when I first got into PC gaming, but I realized it was way too expensive, for the monitors and for the PGU horsepower.

Also the bezels suck for watching youtube videos or movies, so I decided to go with a 55" tv instead, and I dont regret that decision :)

You are happy with 50 inch 1080p?

I'm tempted to do that,I don't know if I would like it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You are happy with 50 inch 1080p?

I'm tempted to do that,I don't know if I would like it.

Ew I wasn't happy with 27" 1080p. How far away would you be?

Nope, I am fine with three monitors, Well maybe four, but I think that would be my limit

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I have 4 including my TV. Planning to have another one that will duplicate my TV so that I don't have to extend my neck to view my TV. But for PC use, 3 is enough for me ATM.

I only want 5 because when I'm gaming I want youtube on one of the top row and SL on the other while my game is on the main three. But when I'm not gaming I feel 2 of those will go unused. I could settle for four but I'd prefer 5,especially since I'm going to have to buy three screens for my main set because I want em to match, and I already have two matching. I could go 6 and use that as a mostly console dedicated screen but meh.

I have 4 including my TV. Planning to have another one that will duplicate my TV so that I don't have to extend my neck to view my TV. But for PC use, 3 is enough for me ATM.

I guess I would have 4 too if I included my TV above my PC. But it's not a really good TV, kinda shitty to use as a PC screen. I use it for stuff like the WAN show, The TEK, and anime and whatnot. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Me too... Why would you ever need more than 3 screens?

You wouldn't say that if you knew what it was like.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I'm scared that I'll just keep wanting more monitors. I'd probably be content with 3 monitors. BTW thanks for showing my that youtube music vid...

I currently have 3 1080p screens which I intend upgrading to 3 4K monitors (After a new graphics card upgrade) hoping that the resolution is enough to make up for not having more screens. I don't want to change my desk. If I had the space I would have 8. with my terrible tab habits I could fill 8. The problem is every time I add one I cant go back. Had 1. got a second then struggled with less than 2, Now I have 3 and struggle when I have less.

P.S. Apparently I don't have enough screens but still have to much time on my hands 

3 screens isnt enough

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I get sick of 2 monitors, I actually have DSR enabled on my second monitor so I can fit more shit on it.

Do you play CSGO? I played a guy the other day Wassup My Negev