I'd say somewhere around 69gb

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Very helpful video. Loved it. Helped me figure out what CPU to get for my next build and how much RAM to get. Thanks!

Hi, Great Video Linus, I want know how much ram do you need in case of rendering in programs like 3ds max, revit, autocad, etc.

because I use it alot, do I need more cores?, more ram?. thank you. :)

where are all these graphs you spoke about, I need more numbers.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

The new graphs look awesome you should keep using them, but as @Biased Opinion said you missed the ones in the forum

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

All I know is, 8gb is nowhere near enough for me, I am constantly hitting it

got another 8gb on order

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't really like the presentation of the graphs here. Looks better than just throwing a black and white graph in our faces, but the colored top and bottom bars weren't really making the experience better. Better labeling and adding (short) captions to the figures could make them easier to digest. 

All the RAM, loved the new animations in the video 

Aselwyn1

I never expected Linus to be sponsored by the worst anime site ever.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

@2:21 "We use 2 gtx titans" --> Shows 2 titans and a Quadro 4000 in the picture :L

Other than that, cool video! Not that I am a content creator, but it's always interesting to see what high end stuff can do  :P

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

I don't think this kind of video is relevant to the vast majority of people, but I don't think that's a valid reason in itself to not make them. There are some people who are interested in them, and it adds value to the channel as a whole to have them.

there is never enough ram, just my base system uses about 4gigs(mostly steam and origin and shadowplay), then theres the browsers, Skype, dropbox etc.....

Could have saved some time by skipping to the point of "If your system is bogging down and your system resources reports high ram usage, it's time to upgrade". ;)

That's the only indicator how much ram anyone needs. It's why I jumped from 8GB to 16GB and while others have the capacity they do. Forum recommendations and a video are nice, but it's the user who should know if they have enough or not.

I found this incredibly helpful especially when talking about AE. I was debating wither or not another 8gb is worth it but yes it is.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I have 16Gib, and it's enough. 8GiB would have been too little.

Granted though I run Chip design/synthesis/simulation tools, various VMs at once for OS programming and the occasional video/image rendering

I'm not a hardcore content creator, so some of the material in the video didn't really apply to me. None the less, I really like what you guys did with the new graphs and transition effects. It looked nice.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Though I'm not a content creator personally, I still found the information in the video helpful. The format for presenting that information was also easy to follow. Considering the price of all that RAM, would you consider it worth the cost to create the RAM Disk or hold out for faster NVMe SSDs at the cost of PCIe lanes?

Either way, I think Edzel put together an awesome report!

Already a Crunchyroll premium member, but it's interesting to see a sponsor spot from them. Hope it works out for you guys.

Downloading Ram takes up a lot of bandwidth these days. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I for one found the photoshop section very useful however i deal with 40+ mp files so my needs are a bit higher than what linus was benchmarking for

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

Don't forget you can Chromecast with Crunchyroll also ! :D

Very interesting video though seeing how different set ups bottle necked. 

Omegamon Build (before went intel):  http://pcpartpicker.com/b/LQ6XsY FX 6300 4GB Ram, Assorted HDDs 4540 oem gfx

Dorumon (Everyday laptop ): Dell E5500 CPU: P8400 @2.26 Ram: 5GB SSD: 250 GB Crucial 

Vampire bunny: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/NHm8TW MB: Asus H97-M Plus PSU: EVGA G2 850w CPU: i5 4690k  Ram: Ballistix Sport 8GBx2  Storage:3x1Tb Black, 256GB SSD

8GB should be standard, 16 if you multitask a shit-ton or render. 

LINUS

It's pronounced 

NAR-OOO-TOE

or 
SHIT

I mean at least look it up before pronouncing it. It's pronounced how it looks like it would be in english. 

You'll piss of the Otakus. And there's a lot of them here.

I'm warning you. 

:lol: Luckily Naruto is a series that is popular to hate for some. 

OT

A friend of mine uses crunchyroll. Surprisingly not bad. Most official subs actually are terrible, but crunchyroll has certainly gotten better. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch