Cisco CEO Says Obama's Plan will Destroy High Speed Internet

chambers-cisco.jpeg

Cisco CEO Says:

"Obama's Plan will Destroy High Speed Internet"

After reading that Obama had come out in Favor of Net Neutrality and urged the FCC to "Set the Strongest Possible Rules", I was confused. Then, Cisco's CEO came out with this statement and now I really don't know which side we should be on. Could the U.S. Government try to influence censorship more with the FCC at their fingertips and the false security that President Obama gives us with his statement? Does the Cisco CEO, John Chambers really see loss of income as a threat to the entire system or is he worried their own personal gains will be derailed?

We all know that ISPs have already received payouts that they never used to enhance the internet infrastructure, but could we be screwed no matter which side we land on?

Is there a way to secure the future of the internet and net neutrality? I'm sort of with the president on this one, but could there be an ulterior motive we aren't seeing here?

Article on Business Insider

tbh I feel like the president has more urgent things on his mind... or at least I would hope. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Sound like a whole lot of BS to me...

"Service providers are already "struggling big time in certain geographies on how to make money," Chambers said."

No they aren't. If they were, they wouldn't be sponsoring a bunch of events everywhere.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2nd post & spot on...Keep t up B)

As for the news, it could be true , like he said I really don't know which side we should be on.there are many other cards that are yet to be played & possibly could cause an issue..

Details separate people.

oh for fucks sake. I have nothing left to say.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Don't worry guyz China and Russia is around the corner, they'll save you.

In all seriousness, why are the people not doing anything about it? Pull a French Revolution if you must.

Don't Americans have the rights to voice there opinions?

3LMFcuR.png

SPAAAAAACE!!!

The only reason he is saying this is because Cisco depends on ISPs building out infrastructure. That's a large part of how Cisco makes money. The ISPs are threatening to reduce infrastructure investment if Net Neutrality rules are enforced as Obama laid them out.

Thus, Cisco stands to lose money if the ISPs follow through with their threats and that is why Cisco CEO thinks Net Neutrality is bad.

Its always about the money.

Cisco makes billions of dollars selling equipment to internet service providers. If they don't want to upgrade or expand, Cisco loses. Even if they are just postponing or trimming their their plans, Cisco loses.

Some of that is already coming into play, Chambers warned. Cisco's revenues from service providers was down 10% in its last quarter and he blamed, in part, fears over net neutrality.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Cisco sells network equipment. ISPs purchase network equipment. Cisco is trying to protect their profit.

Truth is the ISPs have already failed America when it comes to high internet speed; Korea is laughing at us right now

Cisco makes 99 zillion dollars off of isps, whose side do you think Cisco is on?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If metered, tiered data become a reality it'll stifle innovation and future tech growth; specifically 4k/5k content needs large bandwidth. 

The fact that ISPs are trying to limit data with tiered plans already shows they would rather cap consumers then increase their network capacity. 

If metered, tiered data become a reality it'll stifle innovation and future tech growth; specifically 4k/5k content needs large bandwidth. 

The fact that ISPs are trying to limit data with tiered plans already shows they would rather cap consumers then increase their network capacity. 

^This it sounds more like net neutrality would actually help towards making them upgrade their infrastructure if they hope to offer decent speeds. Allowing them to tier their plans would help them avoid it so BS threats aside net neutrality should actually increase or at least maintain Cisco profits allowing them to just stick with what they have and reduce speeds to some to offer it to others would allow them to sit on the equipment they currently have hence the 10% drop in profits as ISP's have stopped upgrading equipment.  

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Why don't people start rebelling?

bcos peeps could get hurt

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Cisco makes 99 zillion dollars off of isps, whose side do you think Cisco is on?

If Isp's upgrade infrastructure using cisco routers, only mean better performance, how is this bad?

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

how about we take both ideas and shove them some where else. the internet is fine where it is and was. 

that said, id like to side with cisco. no body knows more about the system than cisco. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

how about we take both ideas and shove them some where else. the internet is fine where it is and was. 

that said, id like to side with cisco. no body knows more about the system than cisco. 

Well CISCO as much as I like them they are a for profit organization and the CEO would align with that policy (make Profit). And ISP are money making machines for them

The  thing is that I am not sure about what happens after the Internet is classified as a Title II Utility? I have read somewhere that the policies concerning utilites are from the 1930s (this surely creates a problem when you use virtually ancient policies to govern something that it didnt exist even on the plane of imagination for people of that era), and how the Government can intervene on the system after that is done? 

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

To be frank if I were an ISP, I probably wouldn't be buying cisco even if I had any inclination to improve the network.  There are other sources that manufacture core router out there.

Plus given the internet brownouts/blackout that happened earlier this year, I don't think ISPs have much more room to BS with John Q.Public anymore.

But this is why cisco CEO made $21+ million last year.  To be completely full of $#!7 to benefit his customers(ISPs) to secure cash money for himself, other old cronies and crooked politicians.

The euphemism "same as it ever was" & "more things change, the more they say the same" would still seem to apply.

What if they asked what the American people want? Oh wait they already did.

Don't worry guyz China and Russia is around the corner, they'll save you.

In all seriousness, why are the people not doing anything about it? Pull a French Revolution if you must.

Don't Americans have the rights to voice there opinions?

in all honesty... we don't really. sure can voice our opinion, but it only delays the inevitable. we may seem like a democracy, but... we live in a corporate oligarchy.  Lobbiests control everything.