HTC's new charger gets your mobile charging upto 40% faster

Tech_Dreamer
Sonic charger
htc-15-watt-travel-charger-slide-01-500x

Rapid Charger 2.0,  HTC's upcoming new & improved charger that charges your device even faster, Remember when the HTC One M8 was announced and there was this intriguing specification about Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology on board? This tech paired with a certified charger can restore 60% to a 3300 mAh smartphone battery in just 30 minutes. HTC "accidentally" announce this on their web accessories section, the company's upcoming Rapid Charger 2.0 

Universal USB charger powers up your HTC smartphone in a blink. Compatible with all HTC smartphones, the 15W travel charger powers up certain HTC models 40% faster than standard chargers by using Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Devices like the HTC One M7 that have Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0 tech in them can benefit from the HTC Rapid Charger 2.0 as well, but it will be at a lesser speed given it is version one of quick charging technology by Qualcomm.

Accelerated charging performance applies to these phones

• HTC One (M8)
  • HTC Desire Eye
  • HTC One remix
  • HTC One (E8)
  • HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

If you're carrying an older One or a budget phone like Desire 610, you'll be stuck with slow charging for now

htc-15-watt-travel-charger-slide-01.png

The wall adapter leans on Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 to fill your power pack up to 40 percent faster, not as useful as the Droid Turbo's 15-minute partial boost

The price hasn't been announced yet , BUt might be similar to droid turbo's 35$ price range.

Please leave your thoughts & comments down belowwwwwwwwwww...

Bonus:

arnold-phone-charger-meme.jpg

charging-your-cat_o_2671631.jpg

Power link:

http://www.htc.com/us/accessories/htc-rapid-charger-2/

http://htcsource.com/2014/10/htc-rapid-charger-2-0-listed-on-htcs-website/

Details separate people.

i just use two batteries, charge one, use one simple as that

Anyways its always nice to see battery improvements.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Quick charging is very nice, but I'd still prefer to not have to charge as often and have better battery life.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Wow, nice. Is the certified charger included? I can't really order stuff to my country....

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Glad to see my M7 will have slightly faster charging I guess. It takes years... thankfully I have a battery case so this news is kind of irrelevant to me anyways, but still. Glad to see battery tech heading in the right direction.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Now i can charge my One X battery faster and it will probably kick out twice the heat. 

HTC please, the innovation.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You need to have a different battery controller to control how much current is going though. So this would be proprietary or a universal standard.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I prefer the Droid Turbo and Nexus 6 charging techniques. 0-60% battery in 15minutes.

I don't need a charger that charges my phone 40% faster, but I can think of situations where I need a quick 60% charge in less then 15minutes.

I prefer to charge my phone over my computer's 500mA port to preserve battery health, and it only takes about 3 hours to charge from 0-100%, and about 1-2 hours to charge to 80%.

I think they are using 2 modes: 9V 1.67A & 5V 2.0A, the same technology as seen on the Galaxy Note 4 if I am not wrong.

Meanwhile I'm charging my iPhone with my iPad 10W plug here...  :P

PCPARTPICKER: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHJMmG CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9-290 4GB GDDR5 Windforce OC

Cooling: XSPC RayStorm + EK-VGA Supremacy + X2O 750 Dual Bayres/Pump (Black) V4 + Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
RAM: KVR 2x8GB Low Profile PSU: Seasonic M12-II 620W Storage: Samsung 840 256GB + Toshiba 2.5'' 1TB Case: CM Storm Trooper

I would want to know what kind of effect this will have on the batteries longevity.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Is this better than a nvidia shield charger?  Because my nvidia shield 2.1A charger is the best i've ever seen ever

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I prefer the Droid Turbo and Nexus 6 charging techniques. 0-60% battery in 15minutes.

I don't need a charger that charges my phone 40% faster, but I can think of situations where I need a quick 60% charge in less then 15minutes.

It's actually more like 30%, based on the Moto X. Also, I would HOPE that 6 hours wouldn't be 60% of the Nexus 6's battery life.

i just use two batteries, charge one, use one simple as that

Anyways its always nice to see battery improvements.

What would be cool is if they implemented a second (non-removable) backup battery that lasted for maybe 45 seconds or so, so you could swap batteries without shutting the phone down, or if your battery died, you could run to a charger.

Million dollar idea there, I claim patent rights :P

What would be cool is if they implemented a second (non-removable) backup battery that lasted for maybe 45 seconds or so, so you could swap batteries without shutting the phone down, or if your battery died, you could run to a charger.

Million dollar idea there, I claim patent rights :P

There is a battery back up code thing which you can enter which throws you on an extreme part of the battery, adds an extra 40% i think, basically so the chipset has battery. That extra part will recharge normally but its there, i forgot what its called.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Like the Nexus 6 turbo charging?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Glad to see my M7 will have slightly faster charging I guess. It takes years... thankfully I have a battery case so this news is kind of irrelevant to me anyways, but still. Glad to see battery tech heading in the right direction.

It doesn't apply to M7 just the M8. Srry brah

They said the M7 will see a minor performance benefit having version 1.0 of this technology, but nowhere near the performance of 2.0.

Similar to putting a USB2.0 stick into a USB 3.0. You see a minor performance improvement (at least in all my testing) but nowhere near a USB3.0 stick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

They said the M7 will see a minor performance benefit having version 1.0 of this technology, but nowhere near the performance of 2.0.

Similar to putting a USB2.0 stick into a USB 3.0. You see a minor performance improvement (at least in all my testing) but nowhere near a USB3.0 stick.

Oh I must have missed that thanks

"Devices like the HTC One M7 that have Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0 tech in them can benefit from the HTC Rapid Charger 2.0 as well, but it will be at a lesser speed given it is version one of quick charging technology by Qualcomm."

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

The actual charge time isn't as valuable to me. If in it I have a battery bank in car I need a charge as in generally not base a socket at the places I go to