Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

If I install it on a second, separate HDD than my Windows 8.1, will it interfere with my 8.1? And will it erase all of my data? 

Windows 8.1 on one HDD, 10 on the other?

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Also according to some in this thread and from what I can remember there was no option to skip the login with the Microsoft account during the installation. Not sure if there was a way to skip it and whether you would be able to continue if your account wasn't in the Insider program.

Yes there is a way, I made a local account, is pretty much the same procedure than in win 8.1, when you are ask to sign in select make a new account, then in the next screen there is an option at the bottom to not use a microsoft account.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Aww yiss. Pretty keen to give this a run. Think I'll throw together a piece of shit computer out of bits I got laying around to put it on. Shall see how well it runs on a core 2 duo based junker.

Yes there is a way, I made a local account, is pretty much the same procedure than in win 8.1, when you are ask to sign in select make a new account, then in the next screen there is an option at the bottom to not use a microsoft account.

Yeah but you still need one to use modern apps and Microsoft Feedback is a modern app.

You can't use Windows Feedback without a Microsoft account meaning that you can read or give feedback on the OS which is the main point of the Technical Preview really. Also according to some in this thread and from what I can remember there was no option to skip the login with the Microsoft account during the installation. Not sure if there was a way to skip it and whether you would be able to continue if your account wasn't in the Insider program.

True about the feedback, I've certainly gave them some so far.

You can install and use it without one however, when it asks you to login to your MS account for the first time, you press (oddly) create a Microsoft account and then on the next screen you press something like continue without an MS account. You can then create a normal user account.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

not sure if posted but found this interesting. 

p7eQQK3.png

Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/p7eQQK3

I highly doubt the naming of Windows 10 is based on software, written for 95/98.. Such old software would probably not be able to run on Windows 10 anyways. No Windows 10 is the 10th Iteration of an NT based Windows. Like Vista was NT kernel version 6.0, win 7 was 6.1, win 8 was 6.2, win 8.1 was 6.3 (and therefore a standalone windows version, with own set of product keys, etc., and a difference between 8 and 8.1 being as big as Vista and 7), and then Windows 10, with kernel version 6.4.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Maaaan, I have discovered so many bugs. Please look for the on the feedback and push it up:

-> If task bar is on the right, top, or left, the Start menu can't be scaled

-> If you put the Task bar on the right or left, and you roll over "File Explorer", the Start Menu looks like it is floating out of no where.

-> If you set the theme to black, title bar text remains black and the minimize, maixmize/retsore and close button stay also black, so you can't see anything from the bars

-> If you update your graphics drivers, the minimize, maximize/restore, close button disappears from task bar, and so is the title. No fix beside a reboot.

-> Task View button is a bit blurry despite at 100% DPI and native resolution

-> When you enable the Start Screen from Windows 8, and you set a Modern UI application full screen from the "..." menu that shows next to the icon of the app icon, you can't access the Start Button or task bar. (Doesn't react like in Windows 8.1 Update 1)

I highly doubt the naming of Windows 10 is based on software, written for 95/98.. Such old software would probably not be able to run on Windows 10 anyways. No Windows 10 is the 10th Iteration of an NT based Windows. Like Vista was NT kernel version 6.0, win 7 was 6.1, win 8 was 6.2, win 8.1 was 6.3 (and therefore a standalone windows version, with own set of product keys, etc., and a difference between 8 and 8.1 being as big as Vista and 7), and then Windows 10, with kernel version 6.4.

And there are a bunch of ways around that OS identification bug. For example identifying it as "Windows v9" or "windows version 9" or "Windows nine".

Maaaan, I have discovered so many bugs. Please look for the on the feedback and push it up:

-> If task bar is on the right, top, or left, the Start menu can't be scaled

-> If you put the Task bar on the right or left, and you roll over "File Explorer", the Start Menu looks like it is floating out of no where.

-> If you set the theme to black, title bar text remains black and the minimize, maixmize/retsore and close button stay also black, so you can't see anything from the bars

-> If you update your graphics drivers, the minimize, maximize/restore, close button disappears from task bar, and so is the title. No fix beside a reboot.

-> Task View button is a bit blurry despite at 100% DPI and native resolution

-> When you enable the Start Screen from Windows 8, and you set a Modern UI application full screen from the "..." menu that shows next to the icon of the app icon, you can't access the Start Button or task bar. (Doesn't react like in Windows 8.1 Update 1)

I'm not having these problems in my VM. Hm...

Installed it on a i5 2500k test machine I have in shop.

- Installed fine

- Had to restart for it to be functional

It's running fine. Little slow but as expected.

But it's a preview guys, not a beta.

Not going to be perfect so don't expect well anything from it besides how it looks.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Maaaan, I have discovered so many bugs. Please look for the on the feedback and push it up:-> If task bar is on the right, top, or left, the Start menu can't be scaled-> If you put the Task bar on the right or left, and you roll over "File Explorer", the Start Menu looks like it is floating out of no where.-> If you set the theme to black, title bar text remains black and the minimize, maixmize/retsore and close button stay also black, so you can't see anything from the bars-> If you update your graphics drivers, the minimize, maximize/restore, close button disappears from task bar, and so is the title. No fix beside a reboot.-> Task View button is a bit blurry despite at 100% DPI and native resolution-> When you enable the Start Screen from Windows 8, and you set a Modern UI application full screen from the "..." menu that shows next to the icon of the app icon, you can't access the Start Button or task bar. (Doesn't react like in Windows 8.1 Update 1)

So far most of my feedback was about the design of the UI. Most notably the inconsistency when it comes to icons and the different look to the title bars of modern app windows compared to desktop windows. There are a lot if things that are done in a similar fashion where half or things are designed in the modern look being all minimal and clean and then some things being more fancy like they used to in Windows 7 and the desktop part of 8. I'm waiting to see how quickly the most upvoted issues will be fixed and how well Microsoft will adapt to our requests.

I'm not having these problems in my VM. Hm...

Yes you have. Pay close attention. When I say "scale the start menu" I mean really, scaling it, like a window. New feature to Win10.

As for the Modern UI app, I don't mean maximize, when I said full screen. I mean FULL SCREEN.

Yes you have. Pay close attention. When I say "scale the start menu" I mean really, scaling it, like a window. New feature to Win10.

As for the Modern UI app, I don't mean maximize, when I said full screen. I mean FULL SCREEN.

Oh, so the size of the start menu is meant to change. I didn't know. Oh well. It's a preview. Just report the bugs.

It should be free for XP users :(

Uh hell no it shouldn't. XP was released in 2001, that makes it 13 years old. XP users had plenty of time to jump on the "New OS" bandwagon, and had PLENTY of "Cheap" upgrade offers in that time-span. Basically every new release of Windows comes with a very cheap upgrade option (Windows 8 was as low as $20 for the Upgrade Edition and that sale lasted for about 4-5 months).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh, so the size of the start menu is meant to change. I didn't know. Oh well. It's a preview. Just report the bugs.

Oh yes. Don't worry about it :)

But if you open teh feedback and you look for it, be sure to click on "Me too" button to get Microsoft attention.

Well, they fixed the task manager. Now, it opens fast when you do it the first time. :)

At 50% on my side, it installed the GPU drivers on my desktop. So probably that is the problem under the VM that you guys are using. Use a different VMN.

Try Virtual Box, or Hyper-V (Windows 8 Pro) or Virtual PC (Windows 7 Pro)

virtualbox is a no go, at least for me, it doesn't even boot on my rig so i think VB hates me for some reason, downloading virtual pc to see if that works

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Wait what, you want to use this most likely still very bugged version as your main OS? 

Already had a error which said to reinstall windows, but restarted and everything worked again. You could also say it is windows 8.1. But so far i like it

I'm just gonna use it as my main os, i have nothing to lose.

My game files are all backed up, and i only recently started using my computer at all, so i'm not super "Setlled in" so to speak

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This is my setup.

I have C:\ which is Windows, and D:\ which is Apps. My personal data (Downloads, Documents, OneDrive, Pictures, and so on), are in my D:\ Drive.

Both C:\ and D:\ are actually partitions on my SSD.

I created anew partition, put Windows 10 on it. Now I just install my program on my D:\ drive, overriding the same version that is there already, making them installed on both OS, without losing space further space due to duplicated installed applications.

Also, the cool thing about this setup, is that if I need to format and re-install Windows, I don't need to do a special backup, as everything is on my D:\ partition. Windows will just format the C:\ partition. Time saved!

Got it, love it

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Found my first bug, I was watching videos in youtube when I reached up and caught my headphone's cable by accident, unpluging them. I plug them back and the sound kept playing through the speakers of the laptop, I unplug and plug the headphones a few times and the sound didn't changed, I had to stop the video, then play it again for the sound to come out on the headphones.

Mystery is the source of all true science.