Windows 10 - Technical Preview - Availible NOW - Download Link Here

GoodBytes

Sooo...They finally understood that THIS works well for multitasking I see... :P

Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 9.46.54 PM.png

Since I only use Windows as a secondary OS, I won't be getting this, but I like where it is going so far. Let's hope for the next 7 guys!

I am currently testing OS X Yosemite as you can see, which will be released to the public likely later in October...

are you in the developer program or the beta seed? I've used both OS X Yosemite and Windows 10 and I still like it better in OS X because Windows doesn't have the control + arrow keys to quickly switch desktops like OS X can.

are you in the developer program or the beta seed? I've used both OS X Yosemite and Windows 10 and I still like it better in OS X because Windows doesn't have the control + arrow keys to quickly switch desktops like OS X can.

Public Beta seed.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Runing it now on my laptop, anyone have question feel free to ask me,.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You can use windows and tab then click on the desktop, still looking for an easier way.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You can use windows and tab then click on the desktop, still looking for an easier way.

I know, but it is easier as control + up does the same thing as Win + tab and control + left will go directly to the desktop to the left without having to go into the overview of all desktops. It is super easy to slide left and right on Mac OS

I know, but it is easier as control + up does the same thing as Win + tab and control + left will go directly to the desktop to the left without having to go into the overview of all desktops. It is super easy to slide left and right on Mac OS

was this about OSX or Win 10 because I couldn't do it in Win 10, also Linux control + alternate + arrow key <left or right> so easy.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

was this about OSX or Win 10 because I couldn't do it in Win 10, also Linux control + alternate + arrow key <left or right> so easy.

OSX. I wish it was in Windows 10

OSX. I wish it was in Windows 10

Good.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I highly doubt that windows 10 is going to be very much different from windows 8. Microsoft just seems to be pulling and apple and releasing things and new products way too fast with no real improvements to generate revenue. Although windows 8 came about a little more than 2 years ago, that is still a short time for an OS to be used and alive. Many rigs, such as my own, will still be running with windows 8 for quite a long time as long as I don't have another HDD failure (Please no!). So personally, I am kind of upset with Microsoft for being Apple when they really don't need to be doing anything anytime soon. But that is just my opinion. I'm sure that windows 10 is going to be more productive for some people than windows 8 is.

thats crap. MS are not copying apple, they didnt have a choice. windows 8 was a clusterf**k and they needed to react quickly hence 8.1.  10 is really 8.2 but MS didnt have much choice, 8 is tainted now and will always be know as the "bad one" so there hoping 10 will be "new" enough to do the job and start selling to enterprise

Has anyone else had major performance improvements in games?

I can run BF4 @ 1440p @ 80 FPS with a mix of medium to high with a 770 and an i3 3220

thats nice.

but without a comparison of how it ran b4......kinda pointless

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

One good release, one bad release..

You'd think they'd have dropped that cycle by now but nope...looking back we get..

W95 - Great

W98 - Good, but problems

W98.SE - Great

W-ME - Shockingly it passed certification (I had this on a few machines, all ran like pigs, even /w good HW)

W-XP - Need I say more...... Great

W-Vista - NEED I say more........Generally good, but no where near great.

W-7 - Holy Fantastical Batman, it all comes together nicely

W-8 - Batman 1.1, new suit, new bugs

W-10 - Batman 2.0 /w new toys, new bugs

Who doesn't like Batman... (not withstanding Ben Affleck)

:)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

That's why LINUX exists :) You can do anything and everything same time :)

It's completely free and you are completely free in that system :)

ALL you must do is choose right distribution for yua :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Is it really free for windows 8 users

Windows 10 Technical PREVIEW is free to all.

There is no price and information on Windows 10. All prices that you read are nothing more than wish list and speculations.

That's why LINUX exists :) You can do anything and everything same time :)

It's completely free and you are completely free in that system :)

ALL you must do is choose right distribution for yua :)

or make one your self or mod anyone you like.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Windows 10 Technical PREVIEW is free to all.

There is no price and information on Windows 10. All prices that you read are nothing more than wish list and speculations.

How did you get the trusted advisor reward

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

How did you get the trusted advisor reward

what?

I'm just telling everyone not to buy AMD, buy Intel :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

what?

I'm just telling everyone not to buy AMD, buy Intel :D

What?

I don't see the award so I wont take your word.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Windows 10 will be free for windows 8, and 30 dollars for 7 and XP users.

This is just a technical preview, don't pay for it. if you did pay, you got screwed

Not confirmed.

I don't know which option to pick to give feedback about the start menu.

Now they should include continuity just like MAC OSX Yosemite but with Windows phone and Microsoft's Surface tablet
:)

i installed this today and i love everything about it and i came from windows 7

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Logan likes it. (in before claims that MS paid him)

I agree with a lot of his points, then again my expectations of an OS aren't as in depth as some, if it fits whatever arbitrary needs I think I might have, with minimal issues, its great for me

Looks good, going to install soon. Really want to like this.

I don't know what Microsoft was thinking when originally in Windows 8 they made metro apps go fullscreen for PC users with no intuitive way to share screen space. That showed a lack of understanding of how laptop and desktop users use their PCs to get work done. I know Microsoft does a lot of testing which makes it every stranger how they screwed that up.

"The Best Windows Yet" don't they say that about every windows?

Every company says that 

for example Apple "We made the best Iphone yet"-Tim Cook

I tried to install it on VirtualBox but failed 

VT-X hardware acceleration not available 

looks like windows 8, 8.1 and 10 needs VT-X hardware accelerator which i don't have