Ryse for PC will not have microtransactions

Rafy

[...]

An Expanded Empire

The PC version of Ryse will launch with 4 DLC packs that were previously released over time for the Xbox One version of the game. All in all, these packs add more than a dozen new maps to the Multiplayer Mode, as well as the all-new Survival Mode and five new skins that you can deck your gladiator out with. We have also removed the optional microtransactions that were present on the Xbox One.

[...]

Source: http://www.crytek.com/blog/see-how-ryse-is-embracing-the-power-of-pc

I guess this is good news but I can't be sure as I only played Ryse for a really short period of time when I was at the Microsoft campus after launch last year and at the launch event.

Ryse doesn't even look good:/

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I actually kinda look forward to it.... It doesn't look too bad

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It looks really repetitive though... I watched JackFrags' playthrough.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Didn't it do bad enough they had to cancel the sequel? If no one liked it on Xbox why will we like it on PC?

didn't help crytek shit itself.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

couldn't care less

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I may pick this up if its decent. More so because I'm shamelessly obsessed with graphics.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Imperial Campaign in Skyrim > Ryse.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I thought this game already launched on Steam 2 months ago.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Source: http://www.crytek.com/blog/see-how-ryse-is-embracing-the-power-of-pc

I guess this is good news but I can't be sure as I only played Ryse for a really short period of time when I was at the Microsoft campus after launch last year and at the launch event.

Fantastic news.

Granted, lots of people don't consider "Ryse" to be a particularly good game, but that is irrelevant.

The fact is that this is shaping up to be a great PC port. They're doing all the right things so far:

- No Microtransactions

- DLC included

- Upgraded/unleashed graphics (This is a rumour though, I haven't seen confirmation yet)

Hopefully they will also include excellent KB/Mouse support - although the 3rd party action/adventure style of gameplay really does suit the Controller, but that particular point is personal preference only and will be different with each person.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

ill stick with dynasty warriors instead of ryse, its got way more combos and my profile pic wouldnt exist without it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Oh that one game that is full of QTE?

No thanks, not interested. If it's a great port, then, great, but just because it's a great port doesn't mean it's worth buying.

Oh that one game that is full of QTE?

No thanks, not interested. If it's a great port, then, great, but just because it's a great port doesn't mean it's worth buying.

True but it will encourage giants like Microsoft to allow proper ports to be done. This will potentially trickle down to the other publishers as well.

Since I haven't personally played it though, so I cannot comment on how many QTE's are actually in the game. I could care less that it is Ryse specifically. I'm just excited that Microsoft is porting a previously XBox Exclusive to PC and SEEMINGLY doing a damn good job. Of course I'll wait for release, watch a few reviews and watch TotalBiscuit's WTF Is... on it to see how good the port actually ends up being.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Ryse is a good game. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I just wished they did not cancel Ryse 2. I feel, just like the Assassin's Creed series, that the next installment would have ironed out the "problems" the first one had (i.e., repetition - in both action and character models). I enjoyed the setting. Even on the Xbox One the game looked beautiful. The story was not going to win any awards, but it was good enough to move the plot forward. I wish they did not introduce Gods into the game, but oh well.

Overall, it was a good game.

Ryse is a good game. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I just wished they did not cancel Ryse 2. I feel, just like the Assassin's Creed series, that the next installment would have ironed out the "problems" the first one had (i.e., repetition - in both action and character models). I enjoyed the setting. Even on the Xbox One the game looked beautiful. The story was not going to win any awards, but it was good enough to move the plot forward. I wish they did not introduce Gods into the game, but oh well.

Overall, it was a good game.

Pfff... Like you don't know how circle jerking works. It doesn't matter, just like EA, no matter what they do there's going to be circle jerking.

The PC version looks amazing.

XboxOne vs PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ZKuPivs8M#t=153

Excellent. Not overly surprised though, since Ryse looks damn good already on the fairly low power of the XBox One.

Didn't it do bad enough they had to cancel the sequel? If no one liked it on Xbox why will we like it on PC?

Apparently, in exchange for funding Ryse 2's development, Microsoft wanted to take over the Ryse intellectual property, something Crytek couldn't agree to, so both parties decided not to continue. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

It looks really repetitive though... I watched JackFrags' playthrough.

What the hell are ALL the Arkham games!? Ryse only without good combat and good story.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

What the hell are ALL the Arkham games!? Ryse only without good combat and good story.

Arkham Asylum and City are masterpieces, don't compare this to them. Ryse is an ok game, story is nothing special but it's ok. Combat on the other hand is awfully repetitive, it's really similar to Witcher 2's combat. Overall it's not bad though.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I just noticed this news has roughly the same effect on a consumer if changed to "Ryse for PC will not shit directly into your face."

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Arkham Asylum and City are masterpieces, don't compare this to them. Ryse is an ok game, story is nothing special but it's ok. Combat on the other hand is awfully repetitive, it's really similar to Witcher 2's combat. Overall it's not bad though.

Whaoooo What?

The Witcher 2 has great combat, and there aren't any QTE takedowns, what are you getting at?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Whaoooo What?

The Witcher 2 has great combat, and there aren't any QTE takedowns, what are you getting at?

Witcher 2 has great combat? I'm pretty sure vast majority of people who played Witcher 2 thinks the combat mechanics are repetitive and too simple. It was just like one-two-three all the time, no variations at all. Other things like "Yrden" wasn't really impressive. Story however, was pretty interesting. That's what kept me playing it and the graphics of course. :)

I'm looking forward to experience the new combat system in Witcher 3. Devs speak highly of it.

Spoiler

Spoiler