[YT]NZXT S340 Videos *Updated*

Accursed Entity

nzxt-s340.jpg

Joanne uploaded another fine video review, this time, the new beautifully simple yet elegant NZXT S340. This new case from NZXT brings us ATX capabilities while being smaller than most mid-tower cases. The minimalist look of this case is definitely a love it or hate it, I personally like it a lot. At $69.99 is a good offering in my opinion. I will add more videos later. What do you guys think?

PCPartPicker uploaded a gaming build guide with an S340, nice, but I'm still crazy about the back version. Can't wait till more videos pop-up, hopefully a build in the black version.

Specs:

Internal 3.5": 2+1
Internal 2.5": 2
Cooling System Front: 2x 140/2x120mm
Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included)
Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)
Filters Front (Included)
Bottom Rear(Included)
Radiator Support Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm
Rear 1 x 120mm
Clearance GPU Clearance With Radiator: 334mm
GPU Clearance Without Radiator: 364mm
CPU Cooler: 161mm
Cable Management: Lowest Point - 17mm; Highest Point 168mm
Dimensions 200mm x 445mm x 432mm
Material SECC Steel, ABS Plastic
Motherboard Support Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX
Expansion Slots 7
External Electronics 1 x Audio/Mic
2x USB 3.0
Product Weight 7.05 kg
USB 3.0 Ports 2

Official Page

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I think we posted it at about the same time...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/208877-nzxt’s-source-340/?p=2887346

Mmm... yes, except I spent more time on it :D , so I started writing first haha I checked first. Plus I'll add more videos later.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Looks sorta like the ol' 800D except white and more square...

The square cases are not that impressive any more, but maybe this one will have some nice features...

EDIT- well the top doesn't even support a dual rad, so that's a dealbreaker.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks sorta like the ol' 800D except white and more square...

The square cases are not that impressive any more, but maybe this one will have some nice features...

EDIT- well the top doesn't even support a dual rad, so that's a dealbreaker.

280 front, remember, smaller than your average mid-tower.

280 front, remember, smaller than your average mid-tower.

Yeah, where do I put my GPU radiators? Outside the case? lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Is that the girl that used to be on newegg? A shame they replaced her with paul. His videos are horrible lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah, where do I put my GPU radiators? Outside the case? lol

You want a full water cooled system? There are cases for that you know? This is a compact mid-tower, although you technically can do a CPU + GPU with a 280 + 120 radiators. Check overclock.net for builds.

By the way, if you don't like the case that's ok, I'm not trying to change your opinion on that haha

Is that the girl that used to be on newegg? A shame they replaced her with paul. His videos are horrible lol

Yes that's her. :)

You want a full water cooled system? There are cases for that you know? This is a compact mid-tower, although you technically can do a CPU + GPU with a 280 + 120 radiators. Check overclock.net for builds.

I mean with AiOs on the GPU. I would be nice if it was possible to have a dual 120/140 top mounted radiator...

But oh well, compact cases are nice too. I'll wait for linus to review it before I make any decisions.

PS. the top of the case looks like a POS They should have at least made it white...or covered that fan hole.

Spoiler

By the way, if you don't like the case that's ok, I'm not trying to change your opinion on that haha

Yes that's her. :)

Lol for the longest time I though Linus had married her (no idea why) and I thought that's why she isn't on newegg anymore.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I mean with AiOs on the GPU. I would be nice if it was possible to have a dual 120/140 top mounted radiator...

But oh well, compact cases are nice too. I'll wait for linus to review it before I make any decisions.

PS. the top of the case looks like a POS They should have at least made it white...or covered that fan hole.

Fair enough, and I agree with you on the top being black, it should have been white. Luckily the black version will look better.

i want this soooo bad

What color?

Fair enough, and I agree with you on the top being black, it should have been white. Luckily the black version will look better.

What color?

black its goes well with the  my black chair and black table :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

black its goes well with the  my black chair and black table :)

Yeah, it goes well with almost everything, I think I'll order a black one in October. 

So much better seeing it in a video, that case looks like good quality with all that steel. I'm dying to see it in black! I don't like white cases...

Looks nice, especially for the price. I can see those front fans getting starved though if the only intake is that gap at the top and bottom of the front panel.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Err I may have missed it, but this case seems pretty horrible for air intake.  Don't see how you're supposed to get anything that resembles positive air pressure or adequate cooling for more beefy hardware.  Also didn't hear or see if there were any/many grommets at mounting points for noise/shock isolation, which generally important in a mostly steel case(my opinion).

Whatever, I can't wait, I'm ordering the case in black next week. :)

I'm wondering why is Joanne's video the only one for the S340... I hope she didn't break any NDA, I expected a lot of videos when I created the thread.

The absence of grommets is a deal breaker for me

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The absence of grommets is a deal breaker for me

I find the bar sexy thou. :)

I find the bar sexy thou. :)

It's nice, yes. But no grommets for 3.5" drives, fans or PSU makes for steal on steal vibration/noise.

This design mixed with some h440/define r4 (sound-wise) would be amazing.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I actually like the minimalist design and the metal bar looks very nice in place of rubber grommets. 

The front filter looks good but why did they skimp on the bottom one? It ticks me off when I see these kind of mistakes.

I am nitpicky when it comes to dust filters. I hope they change it for the final release.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

The case looks nice, but I would still rather stick to the Enthoo Pro for my first build, just seems like a more well rounded case for not that much more.