Rate the Photo Above you

8 hours ago, purple_rider said:

What did you use for lighting?

Some old Paul C. Buff strobes, with some chinese no-name 200watt led fill light.

It's not one of my fav pics of her, but the rest are NSFW, so I couldn't demonstrate the IR effect on eyes any other way.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Some old Paul C. Buff strobes, with some chinese no-name 200watt led fill light.

It's not one of my fav pics of her, but the rest are NSFW, so I couldn't demonstrate the IR effect on eyes any other way.

Do you have a website or something? You could pm it to me. I'd love to see more of your work!

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

On 6/18/2018 at 2:27 AM, purple_rider said:

Now, I don't do portrait work, so i might not be the best to critique, but I quite like the up-closeness of it. I can't find much fault in it. What did you use for lighting?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were some very noisy birds on my roof. Not edited, very overcast day, cropped a bit (there was half a bird on the right edge).

IMG_0117.jpg

I think this is pretty nice one tbh, I like the idea that the one on the right is looking for the one on the left, but doesn't realise his mates behind him. "Gary, GArrrry" 

I am by no means a photographer and dont consider my self to be any good, but I quite like this. Its not edited more than a bit of cropping. Taken on my Nikon B500.

DSCN5925.JPG

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:19 AM, JSind11 said:

I am by no means a photographer and dont consider my self to be any good, but I quite like this. Its not edited more than a bit of cropping. Taken on my Nikon B500.

Nicely done for a P&S camera.

I have something similar but by no means as vivid, I think they are the same type of flower.

Canon 10d, 50mm lens, nothing done to the image except convert from TIF to JPEG

Lotus 2.jpg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

A little Soft overall, 2x III Converter not helping the cause but I needed the length

Refuge-366-4.thumb.jpg.b7c7741642a5d5300994aae4449b6b20.jpg

On 6/23/2018 at 10:22 PM, Treey said:

A little Soft overall, 2x III Converter not helping the cause but I needed the length

Yeah converters are a real exercise in compromises, but if you need the length, you need the length. Very nice catch.

On 6/24/2018 at 4:22 AM, Treey said:

Refuge-366-4.thumb.jpg.b7c7741642a5d5300994aae4449b6b20.jpg

Yup, nice capture! Especially the fact that the bird is looking in your direction. I'd love to do some bird photography myself at some point but the only lens long enough is manual focus only (Canon fd 300mm 2.8l). Might give it a shot anyways sometimes. 

This I took on holiday in Ireland recently, the castle in the background is called "Classiebawn Castle", I believe.

DSC09379.thumb.jpg.e306ee233b9e7a3875d86ca83537e10e.jpg

On 6/22/2018 at 7:19 AM, JSind11 said:

I think this is pretty nice one tbh, I like the idea that the one on the right is looking for the one on the left, but doesn't realise his mates behind him. "Gary, GArrrry" 

DSCN5925.JPG

Thanks, yours is really nice, I like how you got the reflection! When I took mine of the birds I thought of it as the one on the right is screaming and althe one on the left is saying "I don't know him" your's is a funny interpretation too!

On 6/26/2018 at 12:28 PM, historicalpoultry said:

Yup, nice capture! Especially the fact that the bird is looking in your direction. I'd love to do some bird photography myself at some point but the only lens long enough is manual focus only (Canon fd 300mm 2.8l). Might give it a shot anyways sometimes. 

This I took on holiday in Ireland recently, the castle in the background is called "Classiebawn Castle", I believe.

DSC09379.thumb.jpg.e306ee233b9e7a3875d86ca83537e10e.jpg

I think this is great, I love how much distance there is in this. I think that the tone is overall a bit gloomy also add's to it really well too. Nicely done. 

Took this the other day when the big o'l cheese wheel was super bright. Its not the most amazing picture, but I was very happy that @ 40x zoom I was steady enough to take it first time with no tripod. Go Me. 

DSCN5966.JPG

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-06-29 at 6:00 PM, JSind11 said:

I think this is great, I love how much distance there is in this. I think that the tone is overall a bit gloomy also add's to it really well too. Nicely done. 

Took this the other day when the big o'l cheese wheel was super bright. Its not the most amazing picture, but I was very happy that @ 40x zoom I was steady enough to take it first time with no tripod. Go Me. 

DSCN5966.JPG

Pretty good shot, 6/10 but its nothing special. I mean it is a good shot of the moon, but to really make it pop you would need to make something special with it in my mind. 

Heres mine from a recent sport climbing trip to spain. E4EE287E-6605-4FCB-953C-F324C07C3B0C.thumb.jpeg.08b6a0d6f903b67fa02a40021c5ed2ad.jpeg

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

On 08/07/2018 at 9:18 PM, Pangea2017 said:

Lighte the dark part a bit more and try to get more details (sky) from the raw files.

IMG_20180227_170038.thumb.jpg.2a028b2534217eedc180618bba354161.jpg

6/10, entirly subjective though, exposure is fine, although I can tell even from this version you pushed it to the heavens to get that detail. it draws you in, but there's nothing to be drawn into in the end. Kind of annoying;P 

walking the xt2+23mm f-2 (7 of 7)

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

39 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

@cc143 was a non edited snapshot after leaving the lab on a blackberry q10.

Not to be rude, but why post it here then if it was just a mediocre snapshot? I mean don’t you want feedback on some work you actually gave some thought into and tried to make the best of. I may take 50

images and maybe just two out of those reach a point or are good enough that I post them somwhere or print them. 

At least in my mind this thread is to post some images you take that you have thought about and want some constructive feedback on how to improve the image, or at least discuss why it turned out how it did or what te thought process where if you planned to go for a certain look. I may be wrong but it seems like you went all defensive when you got some feedback on the shot. Just my thoughts. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

6 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

@cc143 was a non edited snapshot after leaving the lab on a blackberry q10.

I got the impression from what you wrote that you boosted the shadows, my mistake. The criticism still stands though, it wan't an image quality thing but more of a compositional criticism. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

This was taken with my old Nikon D2X. You cannot tell, but there was an entire city in the background...

Shot with the B/W mode IIRC. 

5b52830c59d86_BWfog.jpg.a1afda43d646fea681a92c7d4206353f.jpg

On 7/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, Radium_Angel said:

This was taken with my old Nikon D2X. You cannot tell, but there was an entire city in the background...

Shot with the B/W mode IIRC. 

5b52830c59d86_BWfog.jpg.a1afda43d646fea681a92c7d4206353f.jpg

8/10 Looks good, really captures the atmosphere pretty well. Here's a shot I took on a trip in NYC recently trying out my new 35mm f2

DSCF8470.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

4 hours ago, bob345 said:

Here's a shot I took on a trip in NYC recently trying out my new 35mm f2

I'd have pulled back a bit more, show the whole van in its decrepit glory, and the rotted streets surrounding it. 

my buddy exploring wreck while i document

DSC_1314.jpg.dc15bba4ae01dc523fd30797ee85d0d3.jpg

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

12 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

my buddy exploring wreck while i document

There are some real challenges in photography:

Product,

concert

and

underwater

converting this to monochrome really brings out the sense of an alien environment. Superb.

On 8/1/2018 at 11:33 AM, Radium_Angel said:

There are some real challenges in photography:

Product,

concert

and

underwater

converting this to monochrome really brings out the sense of an alien environment. Superb.

filming photographing any event is not easy. people move randomly. not like filming something with proper script and actors who can be told wht to do. i can post original color version later but i convert to black white because the area was not very colorful and water was not crystal clear. trying to get lens to focus on what you want is not easy lifting the camera to your face and trying to look at the back LCD screen while trying to keep still in the water.

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

1 hour ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

filming photographing any event is not easy. people move randomly. not like filming something with proper script and actors who can be told wht to do. i can post original color version later but i convert to black white because the area was not very colorful and water was not crystal clear. trying to get lens to focus on what you want is not easy lifting the camera to your face and trying to look at the back LCD screen while trying to keep still in the water.

I know, I was a concert photographer for several years. Specifically metal and hardcore. Talk about motion (and mosh pits, and stage dives and riots)

The monochrome image you posted is spot on, I think the original colour would lose some of the impact of the image. You did a bang-up job, extremely well done. More please.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:54 PM, LaFemmeEnVert said:

-snip-

I also like how it's in black and white. It makes the fish almost ghost-like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine, I flicked some water on the flowers as I was watering them.

I have also posted this on imgur, just in case anyone comes across it there and thinks I stole it.

Flowers - Macro.jpg

2 hours ago, purple_rider said:

I also like how it's in black and white. It makes the fish almost ghost-like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine, I flicked some water on the flowers as I was watering them.

I have also posted this on imgur, just in case anyone comes across it there and thinks I stole it.

Flowers - Macro.jpg

I love the idea of using water droplets in photography. It is a super simple and easy way to take a good photo and make it great. But, I think your photo is too busy. It doesn't draw my eye to the focal point and there a too much going on in the blurred out the foreground. Try to give me a subject to look at in the photo.

Here was my 4th of July picture using water droplets and backlighting to put the flag inside the drops. This was all done in camera.

IMG_20180708_103716_852.thumb.jpg.53200315bf6c486b099d64a11adb4f5f.jpg

3 hours ago, mama_fluxus said:

-snippage-

I really like how you got the flag in the droplets in camera. That picture also screams AMERICA! (In a good way)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This picture has much better subject separation, other than maybe that stick behind the dragon fly.

IMG_0282.JPG

good macro images

On 8/3/2018 at 2:23 AM, Radium_Angel said:

I know, I was a concert photographer for several years. Specifically metal and hardcore. Talk about motion (and mosh pits, and stage dives and riots)

The monochrome image you posted is spot on, I think the original colour would lose some of the impact of the image. You did a bang-up job, extremely well done. More please.

another underwater photo, 2 lovely recreation divers we encountered underwater

DSC__1450.jpg.9eb49b944bb38651d9b2bc185e1f6aa3.jpg

36 minutes ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

good macro images

another underwater photo, 2 lovely recreation divers we encountered underwater

DSC__1450.jpg.9eb49b944bb38651d9b2bc185e1f6aa3.jpg

Ok, admit it, just off camera were two giant sharks with dinner forks at the ready....

I'll do a lot of things, but open areas like that give me chills...