Smelly Headphone.

Rashy

Hi, i need to know how to get rid of smelly odor from headphone ear pads! My dad is back on Diablo 3 and Point Blank (a rip off of Project Blackout), he plays like me but shorter time and... HE SWEATS ALOT, whenever he's done, the mousepad wrist area is always damp and wet, to make things worse he uses my headphones, so now my ear pad on my headphone smells so bad and i hardly break a sweat on computer even though the room has only 1 fan and i live in a tropical nation, i need to know how to clean it and make the smell go away because when i put them back on the smell creeps around my nose, almost made me barf a few times.. I let you know that i use baby wipes and it barely works.

P.S He would also oftenly plays.. shirtless so the sweat also sticks to my seat, i also need to know how to clean that too >.>

EDIT: P.P.S: I use Turtle Beach Earforce KILO COD:BO2 Limited Ed.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

All that disgusting imagery any you didn't even mention what headphones you use.

huh earpads are common in headphones and i thought you guys might know, but just in case ill edit it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Mild soap to clean it off

Antibacterial hand wipes

Essential oils. You can just put it on a cloth and brush earpads.

Mild soap to clean it off

Antibacterial hand wipes

Essential oils. You can just put it on a cloth and brush earpads.

Essential Oils?

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Essential Oils?

ethereal  Like lavender oil. Or teatree oil. Etc... They are anti bacterial.

huh earpads are common in headphones and i thought you guys might know, but just in case ill edit it

There's two groups of earpads - leather and cloth. Yours are in the leather group, and they shouldn't soak up liquids. That means his sweat is getting into the fabric that covers the drivers, and might be a bigger problem.

Try taking the pads off (looks like they're just tucked into the edges), and then hand wash them in the sink with some dish soap. If there's foam underneath as well, and it's removable, wash it. If there's foam underneath, and you cannot remove it, it is unwashable, and you may want to consider removing it altogether. 

ethereal  Like lavender oil. Or teatree oil. Etc... They are anti bacterial.

oh

There's two groups of earpads - leather and cloth. Yours are in the leather group, and they shouldn't soak up liquids. That means his sweat is getting into the fabric that covers the drivers, and might be a bigger problem.

Try taking the pads off (looks like they're just tucked into the edges), and then hand wash them in the sink with some dish soap. If there's foam underneath as well, and it's removable, wash it. If there's foam underneath, and you cannot remove it, it is unwashable, and you may want to consider removing it altogether. 

hnggh, my earpads are not tucked in, theyre glued and thats a problem.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

You could try using those anti odor sprays for shoes. Spray some until it's damp (not soaking wet), let it sit for 1/2-1 hour, then put them under indirect sun, like beside a window in the house, or something. 

But you do realize you're not solving the real problem? I'd say, let him keep that headset, and get a new one for you. That way he can use his, and you can use yours. Just choose the words carefully, your dad might be offended by bad choice of words....

Edit: just saw your post that it's glued. In that case, don't use sprays. Liquid could damage the driver and electronics inside....

You could try using those anti odor sprays for shoes. Spray some until it's damp (not soaking wet), let it sit for 1/2-1 hour, then put them under indirect sun, like beside a window in the house, or something. 

But you do realize you're not solving the real problem? I'd say, let him keep that headset, and get a new one for you. That way he can use his, and you can use yours. Just choose the words carefully, your dad might be offended by bad choice of words....

Edit: just saw your post that it's glued. In that case, don't use sprays. Liquid could damage the driver and electronics inside....

at first it sounded like: Oh great i have shoe spray lying here. at the end i was like : damn. and now im like: what do i do?

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

too bad they are glued on. I'd have suggested peroxide and then freezing them in the freezer after

Rashy we all know it was you, and stop blaming it on your dad. :P 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Honest advice, tell him about the problem, and buy a new pair. Maybe ask him to pitch in part way. Because that's just disgusting man.  :unsure:

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?