Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
4 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

@TheProfosist So... I just finished marathoning Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex season 1....

This was a really good series.... Looks like I gotta grab Season 2 now. I wish more animes could carry this level of quality....

welcome to the early 2000s where shows had to be decent to be popular in the us lol

1 minute ago, Charger said:

welcome to the early 2000s where shows had to be decent to be popular in the us lol

Such a shame really.... now most of the stuff is moeblob... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

@TheProfosist So... I just finished marathoning Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex season 1....

This was a really good series.... Looks like I gotta grab Season 2 now. I wish more animes could carry this level of quality....

f0f07b9e33d856b7651f62ef2b5a3f63cf059569

dude I totally wish you could come to some of the cons I have gone to. GITS SAC is heavy on so many different levels but at the same time has near perfectly orchestrated action. I have been to probably at least a dozen panels looking at it from all different angles. The latest was religion and how each character in SAC's were very deeply influenced by specific ones. The original movies that influenced not just the following series and OVA's but all of the industry still give me chills to this day.

Very few anime of that quality have come out in say the last 5 years. Some off the top of my head Rainbow, Shinsekai Yori, Mardock Scramble (has its faults), and Kids on the Slope. Maybe GITS Arise but I wouldn't say it up to the same level. It does benefit by longer episodes though since its an OVA.

1 hour ago, Charger said:

Come on now they just needed action. GITS just like FMA did so well because its still mildly entertaining if you ignore the actual story. I mean a bunch of those action sequences are gorgeous.

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

Such a shame really.... now most of the stuff is moeblob... 

sadly that is what sells in Japan and they make what sells not what might actually be good. Im happy if one jaw droppingly awesome anime comes out a year and one mildly interesting one a season.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Um, what the hell?  Should I be worried that the person who bought my card is a big name in the tech field? o.O

and who exactly is that?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Um, what the hell?  Should I be worried that the person who bought my card is a big name in the tech field? o.O

its a trap... run....

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, the address is his.  xD And, I'm not going to say the name.  However, he has worked for AMD as a key figure.  

dont remember his name but is he that guy that made zen's architecture and also made some of their other architectures?

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

But, the address is his.  xD And, I'm not going to say the name.  However, he has worked for AMD as a key figure.  

lol maybe it is all fake and someone is just randomly sending him your card....

i finished Welcome to the N.H.K. it was quite good, definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't watched it yet

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Loleo said:

Then what did you think about it?

I wrote a garbage review (Haven't learned yet to write good ones) but I felt that I didn't feel excited after a few episodes or to be exact around ep.8. It had this nice little pause to excitement -factor but I would have preferred action through the whole series. Little bit shame that they didn't in the end tell any kind of reason to paranormal ability Satoru possesses but it didn't really disturb me particularly. Good thing they added some depth to villain but like everyone obviously knew who the villain is and it was even shown on the opening xD

Ending was at the same time warming and disappointing because I felt they kinda rushed it. 

Characters were okay I guess but not memorable ones. Satoru's friends seemed transient, but I'm just nitpicking ;) 

Hinazuki Kayo on the other hand was pretty good (background/depth)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

11 hours ago, themaniac said:

i finished Welcome to the N.H.K. it was quite good, definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't watched it yet

It's pretty good, albeit not for everyone, because you know, weird stuff.

That ending song was freaking creppy BTW.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

17 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

I still need to find the ost cds somewhere. Good stuff.

562d978a9da66f6d5037163269aee9936ff8b486

Blarg

Well after kokoro connect I decided to continue my marathoning and watched boku dake ga inai machi (erased) and I can say it was what i expected and a little more, sure there where plot holes here and there but overall I think it was pretty good and now I'll go and read the manga to see everything the anime skipped and possibly a different ending.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

@BashZeStampeedo Do you think Nobunaga Concerto is one of underrated series?

I might start watching it xD

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

14 minutes ago, Typho said:

@BashZeStampeedo Do you think Nobunaga Concerto is one of underrated series?

I might start watching it xD

Oh definitely. People usually just dislike the artstyle and give up on it right away, but it was one of the better anime of its time (just so underrated that nobody noticed it).

its horrible for the last few weeks I keep thinking I should buy a floor jack, jack stands, and wrenches then remember I really cant afford to buy them.

On 27/3/2016 at 2:15 PM, azurezeed said:

It's been a long time since I marathoned an anime like I just did with Kokoro Connect.

Pretty good, it's definitely in my top 10 romance anime and close to the very top.

I'm not very good with reviews, so I'll just say this:

This anime was on my wait list for a long time, the sinopsis didn't said a lot and thus I let it sit there, this anime was another good example to me of how the sinopsis doesn't really make justice to the anime in itself, sometimes you just need to take the risk and watch for yourself even if that means that you end up wasting your time.

I really liked this anime but I  didn't watched it for a long time because the sinopsis kept turning me off, I'm glad I finally did, like I said it's been a long time since I enjoyed an anime this much.

And this turned out longer than expected :P

Nice!!

Kokoro Connect is on my top anime of all time, i liked it A LOT. You watched the 4 ovas that give the anime an ending right?

I also postponed it a lot, and when i wrote a mini-review about it after finishing it, i remember i regretted that decision, but i also liked a lot that the synopsis didn't spoil much about it.

Best thing about it to me, is how "unique" the plot was.

On 27/3/2016 at 5:25 PM, That_Random_Guy said:

thats true. though the ova for kokoro connect really tied it up from what i remember. still a great show and one of the few that i can watch more than a few times

gif.gif.6e9a28a56e7d39af2ed75f01a7ceb727

The ovas are basically episodes that grant the anime a good ending.

Spoiler

kokoro-connect_04-1.jpg

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Thought for a second the anime club wasn't on the first page of off topic. 

1 hour ago, eelnico09 said:

Nice!!

Kokoro Connect is on my top anime of all time, i liked it A LOT. You watched the 4 ovas that give the anime an ending right?

I also postponed it a lot, and when i wrote a mini-review about it after finishing it, i remember i regretted that decision, but i also liked a lot that the synopsis didn't spoil much about it.

Best thing about it to me, is how "unique" the plot was.

The ovas are basically episodes that grant the anime a good ending.

Hidden Content

I also approve of Kokoro Connect. Loved it. For the OVAs, basically the light novel finished up but didn't have enough material for a whole 2nd season, so they just made a few OVAs.

7 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Another future mecha incoming.

http://rsproject.jp/

Are those high schoolers I see? Hooray...

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

2 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Are those high schoolers I see? Hooray...

"Otaku" plot for "otaku" watchers. Say thanks to the 12y old fandom around anime that demands on that sort of thing. Quality? Pff just give them boobs.

Good shows is a thing that won't happen that often. Since those simple fans are rushing in.

1 minute ago, SparkyRain said:

"Otaku" plot for "otaku" watchers. Say thanks to the 12y old fandom around anime that demands on that sort of thing. Quality? Pff just give them boobs.

Good shows is a thing that won't happen that often. Since those simple fans are rushing in.

I was fine with it at first, no real problems to speak of. But I watched more anime and read more manga and it's high school this and high school that. They've managed to shove a high school into literally every plot imaginable.

Doesn't even have to be great at this point, just don't revolve around high schoolers and keep the fan service under control and you've already done better than 50% of stuff released.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

14 minutes ago, ISOlated said:

Anyone else watching Konosuba atm?

No.

But I have finished it, does that counts?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

@Daegun

Anime industry

tehehe.png

Average anime fan

1.PNG.df63e8365c5c08e322120128f5bab5ba.P

I don't blame the industry for giving them what they want but that shit just makes me cringe. Unfortunate the dumbest voice is the loudest one.